• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Guardians of the Galaxy [2014]

Thought there was a thread on this.

CANNOT WAIT. This is shaping up to be a contemporary Star Wars.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • Illuminate
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Aug 2009

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy [2014]

Loving the current overload of Sci-Fi

Bring it on!!

Got Xmen, Edge of Tomorrow, this, and The Signal! I am very much looking forward to it all.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
    Sbando
    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
    Bob
    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
    KiwiTollway

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Woo hoo!

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

is this from a comic book too? what is the back story?

is it supposed to be a comedy? or is that just the bits they are showing in the previews?
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Yup it's a comic book. I don't know the full details of each character's back stories but Star-Lord is half human and his alien humanoid father is some kinda dictator of an empire in space, Drax was created to kill Thanos, Gamora is Thanos' daughter, the racoon is an alien who only looks like a racoon and has been enhanced/altered by some other aliens, Groot is that tree-like alien who only says "I am Groot" and can regrow himself from a branch or sapling. They're basically the space version of the Avengers.

Not sure what this movie's story is gonna be but it will involve Ronan as the big bad and at least one of the Infinity Gems, with Thanos (the big bad revealed post-credit of Avengers) manipulating behind the scenes.

In the comics Thanos collects all the Infinity Gems to wear on his fist as the Infinity Gauntlet (this was an easter egg in the Thor movie when they walked through the armory) and becomes "invincible".

The Marvel movies ought to be building up to that.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
            • Jun 2004

5 min trailer released.

not sure at all

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

This will be great. It's Avengers in space.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                • Jun 2004

hardcore marvel fans or scifi fans may not like it. But I thought this was fantastic FUN!
                Saw it in IMAX which always helps, but laughed all the way through it.
                Great cgi, and battle scenes.
                Zoe in tight red leather was ok too.

go see it.

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Fun enjoyable pulpy movie. I did nitpick a little, eg. I wasn't convinced of Gamora's character. Nebula was hot! It's kinda amazing how they anchored the soul of the movie around Groot and Rocket, two CG characters. The soundtrack was a stroke of genius.

Comment

• dusk
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Awesome movie....loved every bit of it.
                    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Krystyan
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Oct 2004