X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Max Cooper Live - Fluid Landscapes - mix for Clash

https://soundcloud.com/max-cooper/max-cooper-live-fluid-landscapes-mix-for-clash-free-dl

From the original feature on Clash Magazine: Features | Clash Magazine

It’s been a long time since I’ve made a full length “live” mix of just my own material, mainly because I was focused on my album in recent times. But after some new studio additions and work developing new ideas and new experiments, I’ve got enough fresh material to draw on, along with some old, to put together a new live set only composed of my originals, some remixes I’ve done, and I had to include a couple from the Inhuman remix package because there’s some great work on there from Lusine and Rodriguez Jr. among others.

I’ve approached this mix a little more like my live sets of old, keeping it pretty smooth and letting the tracks do the talking, rather than going too heavy on the genre-swapping and BPM-juggling as I have been doing on other mixes recently. There’s still some (hopefully) unexpected moments though of course, a strings solo, some crunchy glitch, backwards Nyatiti, several brand new never heard before tracks, a homemade desolation bootleg of Spastik, my first ever totally analogue tracks (I’ve only recently taken the plunge into the analogue synth world), and two live Jazz improvisation sessions recorded recently in London.

The artwork embedded is made by Andre Britz, who has literally created some "fluid landscapes" works, of which he was kind enough to donate a custom piece for this mix - Thanks Andre! You can find him here: André Britz on Behance

As a whole, the mix is about being wrapped up in a warm exploration of feelings and landscapes. It will work best with a nice pair of headphones and an open mind. I hope there’s at least some parts in there you enjoy!

1. Max Cooper - TBA1
    2. Collaboration - TBA2
    3. Max Cooper - Supine - Rodriguez Jr Remix (Fields)
    4. Microtrauma - Contrast - Max Cooper Remix (Traum)
    5. Max Cooper - Woven Ancestry - Lusine Remix (Fields)
    6. Max Cooper feat. Braids - Automaton (Fields)
    7. Max Cooper - Automnemonic (Traum)
    8. Max Cooper - TBA3
    9. Collaboration - TBA4
    10. Max Cooper - TBA5
    11. Spastik Bootleg
    12. Collaboration - TBA6
    13. Collaboration - TBA7

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Max Cooper Live - Fluid Landscapes - mix for Clash

good find feather! thank you for this!
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Oh snippity snap shit son! The opening is sublime. Thanks for sharing this....

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Weizy
        MCast Resident DJ
        • Jun 2004

LOVED this mix!

Comment

• Troklo
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

I really like cooper as a producer but I can't get into his mixes at all
          Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• klangfabrik
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2009

^have you checked out his RA podcast? havent heard many mixes from him but his RA mix is top notch. i can upload it on the wknd if u want

Comment

• Troklo
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

No, I haven't heard it if you can upload it it would be ace!
              Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• klangfabrik
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2009

the 320 version is available on his sc

RA Podcast 281 - Max Cooper 1. Underworld - To Heal (PIAS) 2. Tim Hecker - Chimeras (Kranky) 3. Max Cooper - Echoes Reality - Si Begg Remix (Traum) 4. Ripperton - A Skilift Upstairs The Sleeping C

Comment

Working...