X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AchtungBaby!
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Feb 2009

MS Trip advisor

Sorry to open a thread about this again but i truly appreciate MS members tips on this kind of stuff

Any nontypical turist places to visit in the following cities? (clubs, restaurants, etc)

Toronto
    NewYork
    Boston
    Washington
    Chicago

I`ll be there from Aug 28th - Sep 20th ... Toronto for work and the rest for vacations.

The only city i know is NY but for a short term trip @ work so would be nice to hear some of your comments.. ANY help is welcome.

Thank you in advance guys !

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: MS Trip advisor

What's non-typical tourist stuff? Anything specific?

Washington, you can see the memorials and museums, take you more than a day to see it all.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• hypoluxxa
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

The Sightless still lives in NY, I'll hit him up.

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

What kinda interests? NY is a warren of stuff.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Feb 2009

I remember two good advices from Tiddles ( holocaust memorial in Paris) and an amazing Restaurant that Krystian pointed out, Ciel de Paris.. Wouldnt have gone to those places without the advice

Firstly would love club & restaurants ... like where i can eat the best pastramis in NY? Any not to miss Broadway stuff? Which museums are the best and maybe not very well known? or i dunno.. rent a car because there is a very nice and rare spot near some of the cities? any shop where i can buy nice clothes?

In Toronto... Would to recommend to go to Niagara falls? is it worth it?

Sorry if im not clear enough... anything glad you did in those places and want to share will help me out

Thanks again peeps

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

DC - depends on what kind of food you like, if you like Indian food, try Rasika, it's a few blocks from the White House and award-winning food. You may not get prompt reservations as the place is packed, call a week or two in advance. You can also head to Northern Virginia - about 30 min drive from the White House and find a restaurant called Busara. PHENOMENAL Thai / Veitnamese food. For touristy things, the memorials and Smithsonian museums are a great way to kill a day.

New York - too many to list, 9/11 Memorial, Observation deck at Empire State Building, Gugenheim museum, and just google award winning restaurant, there as so many different tastes you will find, you won't ever go wrong.
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
            Originally posted by ace_dl
            Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Feb 2009

Amazing Kamal thank you... i`ll be in NY on 9/11 so probably will be a good experience...

Already took note of all that

Comment

• diegoff
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

NY: empire state, but go at night. It´s even better than the day-view, and no people at all, and you can stay all the time that you want. If you like jazz, go to the Village Vanguard. Museums: MoMa, MET, and Guggenheim. If you have enough time, cross the river to Brooklin: it has beautiful places and good restaurants
                It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• floridaorange
                  I'm merely a humble butler
                  • Dec 2005

I personally would suggest not missing Les Miserables on Broadway in NYC. .. and also maybe "Raisin in the Son" with Denzel Washington... because, well, Denzel Washington.

I would also look into going to the club "Output" in NYC, or at least check into who is going to be there then...

I can ask a friend of mine who grew up there for more suggestions. You want pastrami? will also ask about museums and clothes, as well as if you should rent a car to travel to the rarer parts of the city.

Additionally I have a cousin who lives in Washington D.C. Maybe you can stop by her place and say "hi." She could direct you to some cool places for sure.

As for Chicago I have a friend Brandy I could ask pretty easily about where to go there.

Always willing to help out Juan

p.s. My cousin in DC has a sister (my other cousin ) who lives in Toronto! So I could get info on Toronto too... actually my good friend Brian loves Toronto and would be a better resource for info actually. I'll let you know soon!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• floridaorange
                    I'm merely a humble butler
                    • Dec 2005

Nyc -

best pastrami is katz deli in lower east side. Clubs- probably 1oak, pink elephant, lavo. On sunday for brunch go to bagatelle- brunch & club combo. Unreal. Random spots- just wonder through soho, lower east side, west village- totally fun and great to do as a tourist.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Jenks
                      I'm kind of a big deal.
                      • Jun 2004

NY:

Output in NY is awesome. Definitely hit that. If you're going to be in Brooklyn and dig baller belgian lambics, hit Spuyten Duvil- but before you go, stop next door and put your name in for dinner @ St. Anslem, then go next door to SD and get your drink on while you wait an hour to two for your seat. Four of us split a 44oz bone on rib eye, and a 22oz lamb shoulder and it was fucking epic.

The rest of my NY restaurant/booze/party list is too lengthly to get into, it's NY, you can stumble on greatness at every corner. Choose your own adventure.

DC:

Flash club is awesome: Flash Nightclub and Bar - Washington DC

Chicago:

You're in luck, I just sent another friend my Chicago recs the other day. Here ya go:

Without really knowing your food tastes, i'll just throw out some of my favs. Feel free to ask for others based on location, type of food you like etc, I go to Chicago a lot:

Longman Eagle in Logan Square - easily one of my favorite places in chicago. We've arrived in the morning before and stayed all day. Great everything, especially whiskey.

Emporium in Wicker Park - Tons of classic arcade games- Qbert, NBA Jam, Donkey Kong, etc...probably 50+ games, great beer list, fun spot to spend a couple of hours.

If you're in Wicker Park ^, Jerry's is a great beer and eat spot too.

Publican - Publican < so dope. Definite must. If you only have time for lunch, hit Publican Quality Meats.
                      The Purple Pig - Pig ears, great booze list, small plates.
                      Au Cheval - in the west loop. Don't even try to go during peak hours. Easily the best burger i've ever had, and that's not a phrase I throw around lightly. Yes you want it topped with pork belly, but skip the fried egg.

Baller beer joints- Hopleaf, Maproom, Banger's & Lace, Fountainhead. Local Option is an off the wall kind of place- heavy metal, tats, and a bevy of rare belgian lambics and guezes. Really a dope place if you're into that kind of beer...and metal.

If you've got time take in a Cubs game. Tix are pretty easy to come by these days. The Cubs suck, but Wrigley is a great place to spend a few hours. Get bleacher tix, get your party on.

The Magnificant Mile is awful. The Navy Pier is awful. Stay away from both.

Where are you staying?

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Feb 2009

Gracias Diego, empire state a la noche entonces... bien ahi. Tenia pensado dar una vuelta sin duda por Brooklin

John, many thanks for that... Raisin in the Son is defo on my list now! i love Denzel Washington ... Was totally serious about Pastrami ... This one is my choice so far if no one says the opossite ... Katz's Delicatessen | We ship nationwide. Order online now.

Cant wait for other inputs from your people ... Muchos gracias

@ Kamal.. Busara looks so cool! as well as Northern Virginia, many thanks mate... That`s exactly what i meant with non-typical tourist stuff

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by floridaorange
                          Nyc -
                          LOL!!! So Katz will be

Amazing info! Thank you

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Jenks
                            NY:

Output in NY is awesome. Definitely hit that. If you're going to be in Brooklyn and dig baller belgian lambics, hit Spuyten Duvil- but before you go, stop next door and put your name in for dinner @ St. Anslem, then go next door to SD and get your drink on while you wait an hour to two for your seat. Four of us split a 44oz bone on rib eye, and a 22oz lamb shoulder and it was fucking epic.

The rest of my NY restaurant/booze/party list is too lengthly to get into, it's NY, you can stumble on greatness at every corner. Choose your own adventure.

DC:

Flash club is awesome: Flash Nightclub and Bar - Washington DC

Chicago:

You're in luck, I just sent another friend my Chicago recs the other day. Here ya go:

Without really knowing your food tastes, i'll just throw out some of my favs. Feel free to ask for others based on location, type of food you like etc, I go to Chicago a lot:

Longman Eagle in Logan Square - easily one of my favorite places in chicago. We've arrived in the morning before and stayed all day. Great everything, especially whiskey.

Emporium in Wicker Park - Tons of classic arcade games- Qbert, NBA Jam, Donkey Kong, etc...probably 50+ games, great beer list, fun spot to spend a couple of hours.

If you're in Wicker Park ^, Jerry's is a great beer and eat spot too.

Publican - Publican < so dope. Definite must. If you only have time for lunch, hit Publican Quality Meats.
                            The Purple Pig - Pig ears, great booze list, small plates.
                            Au Cheval - in the west loop. Don't even try to go during peak hours. Easily the best burger i've ever had, and that's not a phrase I throw around lightly. Yes you want it topped with pork belly, but skip the fried egg.

Baller beer joints- Hopleaf, Maproom, Banger's & Lace, Fountainhead. Local Option is an off the wall kind of place- heavy metal, tats, and a bevy of rare belgian lambics and guezes. Really a dope place if you're into that kind of beer...and metal.

If you've got time take in a Cubs game. Tix are pretty easy to come by these days. The Cubs suck, but Wrigley is a great place to spend a few hours. Get bleacher tix, get your party on.

The Magnificant Mile is awful. The Navy Pier is awful. Stay away from both.

Where are you staying?
                            Woah! massive thanks for all that info Jenks, much more than i thought! Everything copied, can't fucking wait to do all in that precise way..

This is why i love MS

Didnt booked hotels yet so not sure where i`ll stay.. prolly somewhere near the ussual tourist spots .. I`ll know next week.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Feb 2009

Since you guys are so generous....

Any comments about Maine? Is it a worthy place to visit?

The only thing i desperately want to try is Lobster (which i know is the best there)... its my favourite seafood but here in Buenos Aires is crazily expensive... If i'm correct its like 4.5hrs from Boston so it's a tough decision only for the Lobster

Comment

Working...