I'm beginning to lose faith in humanity...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KiwiTollway
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2014

Re: I'm beginning to lose faith in humanity...

Originally posted by floridaorange
    I have faith that good overcomes evil and that people know right from wrong. But I don't put my faith in others. It's up to the individual to affect the whole, not the other way around. Have faith in yourself, love yourself. If you don't you won't ever have faith in others or love others. You get what you give. You lose faith in others, you've probably lost faith in yourself.
    Children most often do not "get what they give" and they love themselves & others quite naturally & easily until we condition them not to. We're all born loving ourselves, it's how we're treated by others that often tips the point in the wrong direction toward self hate. With children picking up body parts, those children are not being properly loved or respected. As individuals (which I believe children are), they are not 'affecting the whole,' they are being affected by the whole -- it's all just disgusting how unloving humans can be.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
      Platinum Poster
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by DIDI
      Sooo, it's all about you again . I don't care if you have faith in yourself , I do care about children picking up the body parts of their fellow children in Gaza. This is the real world, not this
      In all fairness, he was responding to a post I made and deleted. The situation in Gaza is abhorrent and criminal.

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

^^ But obviously not as important as loving oneself
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

Not talking about children Kiwi.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• KiwiTollway
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2014

^ I know that, but this thread and Didi were so I extended my point. See bottom of previous page FL?

Comment

• floridaorange
              • Dec 2005

And I will point out, that many of the movers and shakers of this world that actually do have a causal affect on society and countries etc, could absolutely benefit from loving themselves. You can laugh that off all you want and try to twist my intent and words Didi, but I think people are perceptive enough to know I'm not speaking of narcissistic behavior. Loving oneself is the foundation for empathy. Think our leaders could benefit from a little more empathy? I do.

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

You just don't get it do you ?? I don't find you funny, and your words speak for themselves. Your endless obsessions about yourself and how everything relates to you is appalling . This was a very serious thread about the awful REAL things that are happening in the world today. Any comment about those things is instantly turned into something about you. ??? I just find you incredibly shallow. An endless river of sanctimonious cliches.

"Think our leaders could benefit from a little more empathy? I do." Do you actually understand empathy at all ??
                Originally posted by TheVrk
                it IS incredible isn't it??
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jan 2014

With all the war going on in our world & children being targeted, maybe we could at least not target each other in various ways on internet forums?

The post I wrote and then deleted, I was really seeing red. And much of what's in the news doesn't help anyone have hope things will get better. (I try not to look at the news too much.) I was thinking about something right in front of me that involves a child with disabilities and what she faces daily in terms of struggles & meanness in this cruel world, while someone in her own family ignores her completely and how I can't always distinguish which is worse -- the world or what goes on within families & grown men who ought to know better and do better, but choose to look/walk the other way than even be available. I guess everyone has their own mind static. Why not make someone's life better rather than nit pik every post to death?

So I posted a rant about that and that's what FL responded to regarding love, empathy, leadership originally. I think if you want to make a real difference, why not begin with those who were naturally/purposely put on your path for a reason? If any kindness helps the suffering of others, that's important to give too. Every member on this forum is a real person with a real life, some have more struggles than others. Some of us have more feathered nests then others and maybe that skews their perspective somewhat? And maybe they weren't raised in an empathetic environment? Can you really know what empathy for others is if you grew up in a strict/controlling/manipulative, yet feathered nicely, environment (which to some is quite a hostile one)? [This is just what I've gathered in the short time I've been here.]

I'm more concerned with children sleeping on dirt beds and those in harm's way being bombed, than what any adult who sleeps on a $1,800 bed posts on a forum. I mean, some people's perspectives are a far reach from my own and that's cool with me. It's all interesting, what anyone decides to share at any given moment. I can tell by the people who PM me they aren't comfortable sharing themselves on this forum, maybe for fear of being blasted as selfish or self serving? I think it would be nice if people here felt more comfortable... I was so mortified by my own venting I deleted it as fast as humanly possible.

I don't see he was trying to be funny, but I think he's busy, on/off of the internet, and posting whatever he can at any given time, as we all are, not putting too, too much thought into it. Who am I to say? You both have been here much longer than I.

You're right this is a serious thread and my rant yesterday was serious, and I assume he was serious in his response. It was nice to know that "someone" was there, read what I wrote, and responded, and it actually helped me calm down a bit when things were adding up to rage over the inequities in this world of ours. My post on the inspiring thread was also made while I was feeling upset over injustices. Maybe we need a thread that opens others up a bit about what their lives are really like or who they really are?

For most of us, our hands are really tied regarding the atrocities in other lands. Sometimes it just makes my blood boil and I see red and have to vent on an internet forum about those and what's right under my nose too that's also unjustified.

I felt for ya Didi when you said you wanted to doo something. Me too. I want to take in one of those 57,000 refugee children so badly, I can taste it. There's all this red tape you have to go through, they send you form emails with links, always passing it on to the next guy in some other department when there's a real crisis there going on right now. grrrrr They send you directly to an office in D.C. But, I get it, they don't want these poor children to go to anyone who'll do them further harm. It's complicated. You get infuriated as we all are. What can we really do?

All I know is to try to do something for those in my path and reach out to those I can who need help. A friend in Israel who emailed me she really couldn't sleep, was having nightmares nightly, her children and her are living right in harms way. If I have a solution, I'll offer it, which I did. But how can we help these children Didi? I don't know a single solution. We all care, we're all music lovers and have deep souls and some have deep wounds that are unseen. Trying to nail each other to walls just doesn't make sense to me. I do appreciate the clarifying affect sometimes though. And I think it makes many of us hesitant to post anything at all. Well, here's mine, have at it if you want to.

Comment

• floridaorange
                    • Dec 2005

(posted in spoiler alerts since this is not important)

Spoiler warning - Mark text to read it
                    ^that's right, a lot of memebers don't post their thoughts/feelings for fear of being made fun of or trolled or whatever.

and Not that it makes any difference but we got it for $500 because our family friend is an interior designer and gets a mega discount. No way we are paying $1800 for a bed.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jan 2014

"" is seriously true. And I'm being totally serious about that.

And no justification required, it is what it is, sleep well.

Comment

• Illuminate
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Aug 2009

(posted in spoiler alerts since this is not important)

Spoiler warning - Mark text to read it
                        ^that's right, a lot of memebers don't post their thoughts/feelings for fear of being made fun of or trolled or whatever.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                        Sbando
                        - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                        Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                        Bob
                        "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                        the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                        KiwiTollway

Comment

• Illuminate
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Aug 2009

You can laugh that off all you want and try to twist my intent and words Didi, but I think people are perceptive enough to know I'm not speaking of narcissistic behavior..
                          I don;t think even you yourself really understand what you're trying to convene.

And,

Loving oneself is the foundation for empathy. Think our leaders could benefit from a little more empathy? I do.
                          Aristotle once said "to perceive is to suffer." If our leaders perceived more empathy, you could simply ask how could they lead?

Sbando
                          - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                          Feather

Bob
                          the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                          KiwiTollway

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

So leaders shouldn't suffer, is that what youre saying?

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jan 2014

For Illuminate:

"A circle has only one center. But the cosmic circle, being infinite, has an infinite number of centers, and each one is the center of the whole, which, on account of its infinitude, is neither a circle nor not a circle, so that its center, also, is neither a center nor not a center. Therefore the center, being ubiquitous, is itself the circle, and the notion of individual centers of individual circles within the infinite circle is a vain and superfluous concept."

Comment

• Illuminate
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Aug 2009

^Eternal return, I believe is what your emphasising, so what is your definition on the relativity of eternal return to faith in humanity?

Nietzsche a fan of eternal return once quoted: "To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering."
                                Therefore FL, suffering is never the norms of facing/experiencing harm, torture, or realms beyond our control.To conclude I leave with another Nietzsche to intertwine all of the mentioned:

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."

Sbando
                                - You Will Be Missed.

Feather

Bob
                                the banned1

KiwiTollway

Comment

Working...