X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KiwiTollway
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2014

All about YOU!

Tell us all 3-4 things about yourself most people here on ms don't know about you.

Whatever you write, I'm interested and will reply positively. I am really curious, but this is just a game. Be serious in what you tell or not, silly if you want, but at least keep them true. Please give us some details about yourself, if you don't mind too much.

About me:

1) I have an irrational fear of escalators that go up. My heart palpitates, hands sweat, I hold my breath, and I start to feel really anxious if anyone around me moves or talks to me while I'm on one. This makes airports and malls slightly uncomfortable, but I usually take the stairs or elevator. (It's embarrassing if I'm with anyone.) I've tried working on it, been on really long ones and lived thru it (lol), and riding them a lot, etc.; nothing helps. And, it's no big deal. I just avoid them.

2) When I was young, I always wanted to be a lawyer or an interior designer, but mostly a lawyer. I became neither. And it's always a kind of 'a stick in my craw.' I never excelled academically.

3) Two causes nearest/dearest to my heart are a) struggling teens b) anyone living/dying with AIDS. (I know they're not typically connected by any means). I think it's because they are often misunderstood or misrepresented (people often say "Wait 'till they're teenagers" and that bugs me), labeled, people tend to automatically think of them in regards to sex, they're judged, taken advantage of, treated poorly, can feel without hope, desperate or in despair -- none of which I can stand.

4) I secretively LOVE to bird watch with binoculars (I don't belong to a group or anything).

BIRD_Watching.JPG

• audrey_w
    Gold Gabber
    • Jan 2013

Re: All about YOU!

1. I'm old enough to know better
    2. I'm young enough not to care
    3. I'm pissed
    4. I like to watch birds too

Comment

• KiwiTollway
      Platinum Poster
      • Jan 2014

What are you pissed about? How cool you like to watch birds too!! yay!

Comment

• nick007
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2007

I love to read real books
        I was a policeman and resigned because of a discriminatory policy but still wish I was .
        I love my wife to bits

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• Illuminate
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Aug 2009

I drive a Mercedes,
          I enjoy the misfortunes of others, for my amusement,
          I believe that we all have no set purposes of life, henceforth "Stay inside 'till somebody finds us, do whatever the TV tells us. Stay inside our rosy-minded fuzz for days."

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
          Sbando
          - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
          Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
          Bob
          "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
          the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
          KiwiTollway

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by nick007
            I was a policeman and resigned because of a discriminatory policy but still wish I was .
            I love my wife to bits
            That's inspiring
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• KiwiTollway
              Platinum Poster
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by nick007
              I love my wife to bits
              Nick, Sorry to learn you resigned from something you loved doing. Can you be a police officer somewhere else that doesn't have the discriminatory policy? What the heck was it? What kind of books do you enjoy reading? (By "real" I assume you mean, printed & bound, or do you mean non-fiction books?)

Someone I know is going thru the academy now and he loves it; graduates in December. It's what he's always wanted to do. Fun to see someone's dream come true & he's entering a great department from what we know. He's finding out all of these perks he gets, which I had no idea, but man, they [the police officers] so deserve them.

And, thanks for playing Nick!!

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Nov 2013

harry-hill-006.jpg

♫♫♫♫♫♫The MS highlight of the week♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jan 2014

Seriously, what do YOU all have for breakfast -- a bowl of rusty nails?

Comment

• Zover
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2014

Eating rusty nails, as inspiring as a one armed weightlifter.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jan 2014

In wanting to sincerely get to know people, trolls have a fun field day. cool

Comment

• Illuminate
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Aug 2009

And again, Why?

The futility nor fustians of 'reaching out' to people who simply don't care for much.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                        Sbando
                        - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                        Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                        Bob
                        "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                        the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                        KiwiTollway

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by KiwiTollway
                          In wanting to sincerely get to know people, trolls have a fun field day. cool
                          Forums where everyone uses fake names is not how you get to know people. As I have said before you can be whatever you want on the internet , people create whole fake lives on the internet. In fact in some cases I think that is almost compulsory.

Seriously, if you want to get to know people, step away from the computer. . Possibly some of the ones here that would be the nicest to know will never be in this thread because they don't want to spill their guts to strangers on the internet. The only reason that they want to be here is for the music. If they make friends here that is wonderful, but that is possibly more the function of PMs not because someone they don't know starts a thread asking for personal information.
                          Originally posted by TheVrk
                          it IS incredible isn't it??
                          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• floridaorange
                            I'm merely a humble butler
                            • Dec 2005

1. My first job was working on a dairy farm all summer when I was 15, day started at 4am. It was hard work, but it felt great.
                            2. I lived in San Diego for 10 years, was captain of my lacrosse team in college there.
                            3. I worked in investment real estate after college before pursuing the arts full time, which has been amazing and yes, inspiring, chunky .

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Zover
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2014

Is there anything you don't find inspiring?

Comment

Working...