• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miroslav
    WHOA I can change this!1!
    • Apr 2006

Re: Robin Williams RIP

Originally posted by DIDI
    It doesn't work like that, not even remotely. In fact that is a really good way to make sure you are isolated.
    Right, my bad... let's go back to scowling and dwelling in negativity instead.
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• DancingQueen
      AVB FanClub | President
      • Oct 2005

it took me a while to open this thread....the death of a Robin Williams has brought up a lot of pain, mainly to do with the death of Jibs and also personal struggles in my past.

Depression is a horrible disease that needs to be addressed more seriously....the number of people out there struggling with it on a daily basis is astounding....chances are someone you care about is suffering in silence. There is such a stigma about people who are depressed.....it is ok to reach out & ask for help....having been there, I know it is hard to take that step....we as a society need to change things so it's not so scary to ask for help when you need it.

People comment about how could someone with his fame & $ do something so selfish.....he never chose to feel the pain & despair he was feeling....depression doesn't care if you are rich, poor, pretty, ugly, single, married, etc.....please if you are suffering in silence, reach out to anyone....even me if you must....I will never judge & will lend an ear or shoulder whenever.

RIP Robin Williams
      "genie, you are free" - Aladdin
      sigpic
      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DancingQueen
        it took me a while to open this thread....the death of a Robin Williams has brought up a lot of pain, mainly to do with the death of Jibs and also personal struggles in my past.

Depression is a horrible disease that needs to be addressed more seriously....the number of people out there struggling with it on a daily basis is astounding....chances are someone you care about is suffering in silence. There is such a stigma about people who are depressed.....it is ok to reach out & ask for help....having been there, I know it is hard to take that step....we as a society need to change things so it's not so scary to ask for help when you need it.

People comment about how could someone with his fame & $ do something so selfish.....he never chose to feel the pain & despair he was feeling....depression doesn't care if you are rich, poor, pretty, ugly, single, married, etc.....please if you are suffering in silence, reach out to anyone....even me if you must....I will never judge & will lend an ear or shoulder whenever.

RIP Robin Williams
        "genie, you are free" - Aladdin
        Beautifully said DQ

I'm not big on quoting but this was surprising on a satirical news facebook page. Apparently some people are saying he was a coward ????

Anyone labelling suicide 'cowardly' has clearly never stepped foot in the soul sucking quicksand of anxiety and depression. It drags you down. It fills your lungs. It traps your screams, quietly blinding you to the love of others and yourself. When the pain and anguish and fracturing of spirit become so unbearable, dying may in fact seem the bravest thing you can do. RIP Robin Williams, an inspiration to us all. And strength to those who have at some time or other struggled for air, light and reason.
        I can remember when I was a lot younger , I used to think , how can people to that to their friends and family.?? After a bit more living I have come to realise that for them there is no longer an alternative.

I definitely don't have any answers, but it seems perhaps we need to tell them it's ok to feel that way, we more fortunate will listen and try to understand.
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• unkle
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Mar 2007

rip.

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• floridaorange
              • Dec 2005

In 1974, photographer Daniel Sorine photographed a couple of mimes performing in Central Park. 35 years later, he revisited the photos and realized he had captured a then-unknown Robin Williams.

(source) · 21 hours ago

Comment

• floridaorange
                • Dec 2005

Last night, some guys in Belgrade made this to honor Robin Williams.

(source) · 5 hours ago

Comment

• DancingQueen
                  AVB FanClub | President
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DIDI
                  I definitely don't have any answers, but it seems perhaps we need to tell them it's ok to feel that way, we more fortunate will listen and try to understand.
                  Exactly....society needs to educate people more on the topic & make it easier to get help.....Robin Williams had been the face of battling addiction & depression for years....this is why it hits hard for some people....if he can't make it with all the extra help he had, who can? It's a very sad situation, but it's a great opportunity to start changing the way society handles depression
                  sigpic
                  RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                  RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• go0gle
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Miroslav
                    Loving family and great kids? By what accounts I've hear, seems yes.
                    Can't confirm this myself, but I friend of mine went to school with one of his sons (some classy private school in Michigan) and he tells me that he isn't doing all that well.. drugs, etc. Not sure how current or true, but...

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by floridaorange

Thank you for posting these!!! I had completely forgotten he was in "Jack" [1996], one of my favorites & we have so I can watch it. I've watched it probably 30 times. He nailed that role & reminded me so much of my nephew at age 10. I've been waiting for a channel to showcase some of his movies or dedicate a day/night to them, but no one has that I can find, yet. And maybe it's too soon for everyone.

And those are amazing shots of him as a mime when he was so young & undiscovered. cool.

I still haven't really accepted what's happened; has put me in a bit of a funk honestly. How his family/kids must hurt, omg. May they find comfort.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by DancingQueen
                        battling addiction & depression for years...
                        This, I think, is the crux... "battling" anything really difficult "for years" is exceptionally taxing and takes a huge toll on a soul. The "battle" within indicates tremendous effort, resistance + acceptance + resistance, on & on, facing it everyday, battling it everyday. None of us knows truly what his inner struggles were or what/who they involved. It's time to stop making people feel ashamed of depression as if it means self-centered-ness, it doesn't.

He helped so many other people too with all of his philanthropy/humanitarianism & knew he brought joy & laughter to others very naturally, and that didn't relieve him enough to keep living?

Keep doing anything and everything that soothes your soul!! (No matter what anyone else thinks about it or how you're criticized for it. Your soul, your life is worth it.)

I despise permanent decisions based on temporary problems. If you can see everything as temporary (this WILL pass), it helps.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by floridaorange
                          Last night, some guys in Belgrade made this to honor Robin Williams.

(source) · 5 hours ago

Beautiful!

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

You know who loves making sure people feel like shit all the time? The devil.

Comment

• Zover
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2014

There's no such thing as the devil. Think about it......see told ya

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jan 2014

personally, I don't believe there exists any evil force who has any power over me or how I feel, ever. (not that my beliefs apply to this thread.) I think if we rob, cheat, or steal anything from ourselves, including happiness, we do that onto ourselves. I believe only love has power.

Comment

Working...