X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Islamic Caliphate

Any chance we can discuss the current happenings in the Middle East right now?

Apparently ISIS has strongly recruited Muslims from the West...which makes me wonder how many of them are under cover FBI agents? Also, do you believe that ISIS poses a stronger threat to the West than Al Qaeda?

Islamic State Challenging Al-Qaeda for Leadership - Bloomberg

Thought this was an interesting comment:

Let me make it clear: ISIS is a Khawarij organisation. These are people who claim to be Islamic but they avoid fighting Al-Assad's army (because they are cowards) and attack Muslim towns and behead their Muslim leaders in the most gruesome manner. In the time after Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) the Khawarij at that time took pleasure in killing Muslims. They find the most flimsy of an excuse and in the process ignore the Qur'an. In our Holy Book The Almighty declares: There is NO compulsion in religion, and also, "to you your religion and to me mine". This clearly means we are not allowed to kill non-Muslims for their faith. ISIS is a rebel gang of criminals against God's Word. It is also a fact that when the Prophet governed in Madina, the Christians of Najran came to meet him. He permitted them to perform their religious service by themselves. NO PERSECUTION, NO BRUTAL BEHEADINGS like this ISIS idiots are committing. Islam also holds the view that of the People of the Book (Jews and Christians) the Christians are the closest to us Muslims. Thank God Al-Qaeda distanced themselves from these cowards. May ISIS cowards be punished by Allah in a similar manner to what they are committing against innocent victims. The Prophet (pbuh) called the Khawarij the "dogs of the Hellfire".

It was fun while it lasted...
  • Illuminate
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Aug 2009

Re: Islamic Caliphate

I was fortunate enough to go see a talk by a former Australian Army chief Prof. Peter Leahey just this week talking about our global position on terrorism. His views are this is an inconclusive war, if you want to call it as radicalism is found everywhere within every crevice of this world, but some use it to a greater evil than good, be it for power, political/religious/monetary advantages. His comments had some logic behind it, he stated that to the west terrorism will always be a issue, but the unrest in Islam will never end, has been for the past millennial. Momentum ISIS is gaining will probably lead to Obama requiring to send further diplomacy, how this is done is going to be interesting. Eventually, this could lead to a presidential debate for 2016.

Their prophecies of barbaric accustoms have been inherent through generations, and it still baffles me personally on how people claim a better sect within a monotheistic religion. You cannot conclude that ISIS is an immediate threat to western communities, irrespective of its funding and attraction from western countries, but to be clear about the Western attraction, I don't get this, if an individual has converted or had always had a faith in a certain religion and leaves to fight for his religion, what does this have to do with where a person is from?

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
    Sbando
    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
    Bob
    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
    KiwiTollway

Comment

• Illuminate
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Aug 2009

But again, this is pretty dangerous UK prepares to supply arms directly to Kurdish forces fighting Isis | World news | The Guardian

So you have to again wonder, there is no chance of ending this.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
      Sbando
      - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
      Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
      Bob
      "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
      the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
      KiwiTollway

Comment

• clintlove
        Hey girl, ya Hungry?
        • Jun 2004

James Foley remembered as 'brave and tireless' - CNN.com

There's a video floating around of the actual beheading, I couldn't bring myself to watch it though. We need to wipe these fuckers off the face of the earth.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• audrey_w
          Gold Gabber
          • Jan 2013

As shocking as the execution was, is it more or less shocking than the execution of Mike Brown in St Louis ?

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

they are both sad. one is on video, the other is not really proven exactly, right?

Comment

• audrey_w
              Gold Gabber
              • Jan 2013

So the shock value depends upon the way the information is presented to you?

ps. Did you mean heresy or hearsay?

Comment

• floridaorange
                • Dec 2005

I revised my post, because both are terrible. But I tend to trust cops with guns more than Isis with knives who behead people. So therefore the latter is more shocking to me. If that's not very "Euro" that's because I'm American.

Comment

• audrey_w
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by floridaorange
                  I revised my post, because both are terrible. But I tend to trust cops with guns more than Isis with knives who behead people. So therefore the latter is more shocking to me. If that's not very "Euro" that's because I'm American.
                  I'll quote you this time then, in case you do another sneaky edit

You trust cops with guns? You should in theory, they are public servants whose primary function is to protect the innocent. With that in mind, do you find it more or less shocking when those same officers execute an unarmed civilian compared to when an American (nationality is irrelevant, i'm only saying that because you did - twice) journalist is killed overseas.. in a country where the US/UK war machine is responsible for so much of what is wrong

Your post before you edited it said "American journalist" and gave the impression that had some relevance. What if the poor guy had been from somewhere else, how would that affect your opinion of events?

Comment

• clintlove
                    Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                    • Jun 2004

Mike Brown robbed a convenient store 30mins before the officer stopped him. He's hardly innocent. Have you even read the true reports of what happened or are you just following along with the rest of the sheep?

Regardless, it's still a tragic incident that could've been avoided. All he had to do was comply with the officer's commands of not walking in the middle of the street and get on the sidewalk. But no, he had to mouth off, disobey, and get physical with the officer.

sigpic

Comment

• audrey_w
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by clintlove
                      Mike Brown robbed a convenient store 30mins before the officer stopped him. He's hardly innocent. Have you even read the true reports of what happened or are you just following along with the rest of the sheep?
                      I guess everyone would claim their report to be true. So, perhaps there's more than one herd of sheep?

The police admitted the officer who shot him knew nothing of the alleged robbery, not to say that would justify 6 bullets if he did

Comment

• clintlove
                        Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                        • Jun 2004

You're right, the officer had no idea of the robbery. It was a routine stop to get he and his friend to stop walking in the middle of the street. Escalated quickly apparently.

sigpic

Comment

• nelinho
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Sep 2011

Japanese FSA Mercenary Captured by the Islamic State in Aleppo, Syria | Best Gore

Comment

• sakio pod
                            SALAD TOSSER
                            • Jun 2004

ok ISIS is real we funded them they have our weapons we know they kill and behead women and children, but this james foley shit is fucking fake as fuck, you can't tell me your ok with just getting your head cut off and being pissed off at the US govt and your brother in the USAF who bombed "those people" wtf those people again....2 fucking camera angles......why don't they show the actual cutting of the head off.....fake fake fake

Comment

• sakio pod
                              SALAD TOSSER
                              • Jun 2004

LiveLeak.com - ISIS beheading American James Wright Foley

Comment

Working...