X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhanson187
    Getting warmed up
    • Nov 2004

Deep Dish split

I recently saw that "both members of the recently defunct duo Deep Dish will be performing together" at such and such a date. Is there any truth to the fact that Deep Dish has parted ways?
    rhansonian@gmail.com
  • chuckc
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Deep Dish split

Originally posted by rhanson187
    I recently saw that "both members of the recently defunct duo Deep Dish will be performing together" at such and such a date. Is there any truth to the fact that Deep Dish has parted ways?

I could care less...they pretty much suck bigtime anyways

Comment

• ecpolonyc
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rhanson187
      No truth to Deep Dish splitting up and chucks comment that they suck.
      Facebook
      Soundcloud
      Resident Advisor
      ------------------------------

Comment

• rewing3
        I really don't care
        • Jun 2004

One of the most overrated dj duo over. They were never that good. Why people like them so much I will never understand.
        Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• remoh
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

i dont think they have..they normally perform a lot of gigs separetly..feauturing either member
          [URL="http://www.darkdrums.com/"]| Visit www.darkdrums.com |
          |http://myspace.com/darkdrumsmusic |

Comment

• Morgan
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Don't really care either way.
            "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

yeah, they rarely play together any more, as far as i have ever seen on their tour dates

Comment

• chuckc
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rewing3
                One of the most overrated dj duo over. They were never that good. Why people like them so much I will never understand.
                They actually played the main room at space @ wmc 2003 on a sunday...howells was playing the terrace....

I went to the main floor several times and couldnt take more than 10 minutes....it was really awful. there just to commerical for me.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                  i use to be important
                  • Jun 2004

I went to the main floor several times and couldnt take more than 10 minutes....it was really awful. there just to commerical for me.
                  umm. HC = Perfecto = Oakenfold. try that on for size ... chucky.
                  dead, yet alive.

Comment

• BarneyIllfingas
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jun 2004

they played together a few weeks ago in toronto. they spun for over eight hours, so all seemed good in terms of their partnership. i don't think they've ever really gotten along as buddies, but as business partners they are obviously pretty successful.

as a rebutle to them sucking, i disagree when it comes to Ali. he is top notch. his first two hours at the guvy last month was fantastic and everything he laid down at the global underground party was world-class. his on days definitely out number his off days imo.

however, i have to agree when it comes to Sharam. it's been almost 5 years since i heard him put together anything i've really enjoyed (but on that night at the kool haus he was super sick). i wish he'd just put his record's away and use Ali's music. it boggles my mind that he plays what he does, knowing that Ali has great beats sitting right beside him. maybe that points to the fact they really don't get along.
                    WHAT'S GOING DOWN
                    IN OUR UNDERGROUND
                    bringthebeats

Comment

• skahound
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jun 2004

You pretty much summed it up. When I saw them late last year Ali definitely put together a better mix (for my tastes) than Sharam. The night as a whole though was pretty awesome.
                      A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• evangelion
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

They hardly ever spin together as Deep dish anyway, so them breaking up would mean next to jack. As for them sucking, well Sharam has definitely fallen off in recent years. It's almost like he is playing a joke on everyone, seeing how lame of music he can spin and still get a reaction. I was a the same show ska is talking about and yes, Ali was much better. Sucks, Sharam used to be one of my favorites. I saw just him at Icon like 4 years and he shredded that dance floor. It seems he just doesn't want to anymore.

Comment

• ecpolonyc
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

But I have to say, I like that there both different. For me, it adds another element to their music. Heres a quote from Ali about his differences with Sharam,

But while Deep Dish are perceived as a unit, their personalities are distinct. "We couldn't be more different than one another," Ali insists. "When we first met, we were just complete opposites - and that's been one of the main reasons why we've been so successful. I mean, if he had my personality and my musical taste and my way of doing things, and vice versa, it just would not have worked out. It's that tension that has always existed between our music, and sometimes that tension has been volatile and sometimes it's been mild, but I think it's that tension and that attitude that made us who we are today.

"Sharam has a very unorthodox approach to not only appreciating music but also to making music and I come from a more musical background where I played in bands and I play instruments and things like that, so he has a way of looking at things from a different perspective - and that's always healthy. So I think it's a combination of all those things that's really been instrumental in us achieving this kind of success and acclaim."

Heres the link to the complete article

And as for hardly playing together anymore, thats not the case. Most of the time, they usually play together. Here is their upcoming schedule:

10 Jun 2005 Canberra, Australia The Academy
                          11 Jun 2005 Brisbane, Australia The Family
                          12 Jun 2005 Sydney, Australia Hordern Pavillion
                          12 Jun 2005 Adelaide, Australia Heaven Nightclub
                          23 Jun 2005 Ibiza, Spain Yoshitoshi @ Pacha Along with Behrouz.
                          24 Jun 2005 Siofok, Balton, Hungary Club Palace
                          25 Jun 2005 Tiszakecske, Hungary Club New Night
                          30 Jun 2005 Ottowa, Canada Ottowa Congress Centre Featuring Dubfire
                          01 Jul 2005 Chicago, USA Sound-Bar
                          02 Jul 2005 Washington, DC, USA FUR
                          03 Jul 2005 Miami, USA Space Featuring Dubfire. Along with Behrouz.
                          03 Jul 2005 Los Angeles, USA Avalon Featuring Sharam.
                          07 Jul 2005 Ibiza, Spain Yoshitoshi @ Pacha Along with Behrouz.
                          08 Jul 2005 Manchester, UK Sankey's Soap Featuring Dubfire
                          10 Jul 2005 Dublin, Ireland Oxegen Festival Along with Nic Fanciulli, LCD Soundsystem, Jacques Le Cont, Death in Vegas, Silicone Soul and more.
                          14 Jul 2005 Quebec, Canada Dagobert Featuring Sharam along with Dean Coleman
                          15 Jul 2005 Montreal, Canada Aria Featuring Sharam along with Dean Coleman
                          21 Jul 2005 Ibiza, Spain Yoshitoshi @ Pacha Along with Behrouz.
                          29 Jul 2005 Birmingham, UK Godskitchen
                          30 Jul 2005 Portrush, Ireland Lush Featuring Sharam.
                          04 Aug 2005 Ibiza, Spain Yoshitoshi @ Pacha Along with Behrouz.
                          05 Aug 2005 Amsterdam, The Netherlands Dance Valley
                          06 Aug 2005 Amsterdam, The Netherlands Dance Valley
                          13 Aug 2005 Andalucia, Spain Creamfields
                          18 Aug 2005 Ibiza, Spain Yoshitoshi @ Pacha Along with Behrouz.
                          01 Sep 2005 Ibiza, Spain Yoshitoshi @ Pacha Along with Behrouz.
                          15 Sep 2005 Ibiza, Spain Yoshitoshi @ Pacha Along with Behrouz.
                          29 Oct 2005 Los Angeles, USA Monster Massive Along with Roger Sanchez, John Digweed, Behrouz, Nic Fanciulli, Judge Jules and more.

I'm a Deep Dish fanatic, what can I say.
                          Facebook
                          Soundcloud
                          Resident Advisor
                          ------------------------------

Comment

• Hos
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

can't wait to catch them in London...never seen them live...really can't wait.

IRAN RULES!
                            black is the new black www.mercuryserver.com

Comment

• YO75
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jul 2004

I'm slightyl confused...............

I reckon over ten years I been clubbing I've probably seen DD spin about 10 times and every single time its been as a DUO, so to me its the opposite way around, they spin the odd set seperately
                              " I knew I was going to kick it - I've been kicking them all week "

Comment

Working...