• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

The Congress Official Trailer (2014) Robin Wright, Jon Hamm HD

Published on May 28, 2014
    http://www.joblo.com - "The Congress" Official Trailer (2014) Robin Wright, Jon Hamm HD

An aging, out-of-work actress accepts one last job, though the consequences of her decision affect her in ways she didn't consider.

Director: Ari Folman

Writers: Stanislaw Lem (novel), Ari Folman (adaptation)

Stars: Robin Wright, Harvey Keitel, Jon Hamm

"the congress trailer" "the congress trailer 2014" "the congress" "trailer" "movie trailer" "official" "HD" "2014" "robin wright" "harvey keitel" "jon hamm" "ari folman" "drama"

It was fun while it lasted...
  • KiwiTollway
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2014

Re: The Congress Official Trailer (2014) Robin Wright, Jon Hamm HD

Hmmmm, this has all kinds of undertones.

That avatar bugs me & doesn't look anything like Robin. This one (from the film I assume) does. Very thin women get mega wrinkles as they age, but did the artist/cartoonist have to make her look like a blue-eyed E.T. when she's older? sheesh lol

the_congress_recensione-620x350.jpg

But anyway.......... Sacrifice is overrated. "she ultimately accepts this devil’s contract and essentially becomes a non-person for the next two decades."

Into the 4th decade myself of irrelevance and non-personhood. Unsure if I'll see this film honestly.

"There is no such place as the place you came from" is that the line? Sounds like the screenwriter has some personal issues he embedded into the story. Poor thing.

I prefer comedies.

Comment

• floridaorange
      • Dec 2005

I'm defo seeing it! Looks trippy

With an eye on the needs of her sick son, she ultimately accepts this devil’s contract, and essentially becomes a non-person for the next two decades. So far so good. Twenty years later, Digital Robin is now a megastar sci-fi action heroine, while Real Robin is an elderly woman attending a congress in the studio’s alternate reality digital world of Abrahama. This is when things go really cuckoo and the action morphs into the most bizarre animated world since The Yellow Submarine….
      I truly felt I was viewing something extraordinary, an innovative and inventive voice, and a totally unique cinematic experience the likes of which you just don’t often come across these days. So I’d say definitely watch it. Just don’t necessarily expect to understand it.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
        Platinum Poster
        • Jan 2014

Hope it's a fun trip! I'm betting you'll understand it. Let us know how it is.

Comment

• floridaorange
          • Dec 2005

Comment

• KiwiTollway
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2014

wondering what you read that intrigues you so much which I'm not seeing? Is it just uniqueness described? maybe I'm too jaded, at the moment anyway

Comment

• nick007
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2007

Anyone noticed the hole in Robin Wrights neck

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Looks interesting, just hope it's not one of those art films with an indecipherable story.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by KiwiTollway
                  wondering what you read that intrigues you so much which I'm not seeing? Is it just uniqueness described? maybe I'm too jaded, at the moment anyway
                  I started an animated music video thread a while back, I just like the medium - I dunno why, it just seems really creative to me. I also don't mind narratives that leave the viewer filling in the blanks vs obvious narratives - in fact I prefer that.

In 2013, The Congress was elected as best animated feature film at the 26th European Film Awards.[13]

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by floridaorange
                    I started an animated music video thread a while back, I just like the medium - I dunno why, it just seems really creative to me. I also don't mind narratives that leave the viewer filling in the blanks vs obvious narratives - in fact I prefer that.
                    animation and open-to-interpretation narratives both represent limitlessness, fantasy, boundless creative mindset...

and I'd say optimism because if you prefer filling in the blanks, you can make them superbly great, greater than the writer's/artist's intention, again limitlessness freedom. true to form

Comment

Working...