X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

2nd but really first trip to Europe

So as the title suggests, I've been to Spain, but it was only overnight and then I hopped on a Ship and came back over the course of 2 weeks, so of course that doesn't count. Tenerife is beautiful though.

Anyway, anyone have any suggestions of any kind for a 10 day vacation style trip to Europe from FL a couple who has never been? It's kind of overwhelming because I've heard so many different suggestions.

My friend just got back from Italy and Switzerland (she had family in Switz), I am going to ask for her ideas, but I wanted to hear MS's thoughts as well.

Your Aunt has a vacation home in Paris she isn't using and we can stay at? That sounds great

It was fun while it lasted...
  • josalo
    Addiction started
    • Apr 2008

Re: 2nd but really first trip to Europe

i in AMS right know, u will not regret
    "superdeepsexyhypergroovalicioustrpfunkhousevi bes"

Comment

• Jenks
      I'm kind of a big deal.
      • Jun 2004

I just got back from a couple of weeks in Spain. Into Mardid, out of Barcelona. Incredible. I've done some traveling throughout Europe over the years, and so far Spain is my favorite. If you're heading there I can give you some recs.

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

if you come to Vienna give us a shout. It's a nice place with plenty to do
        motherlover

Comment

• Troklo
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

^^^^ What he said
          Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• audrey_w
            Gold Gabber
            • Jan 2013

Comment

• audrey_w
              Gold Gabber
              • Jan 2013

Salisbury is better than Vienna

Comment

• floridaorange
                • Dec 2005

first off - thanks everyone for your responses, i appreciate it.

Originally posted by Jenks
                I just got back from a couple of weeks in Spain. Into Mardid, out of Barcelona. Incredible. I've done some traveling throughout Europe over the years, and so far Spain is my favorite. If you're heading there I can give you some recs.
                ^that's interesting about Spain Jenks, my good friend/best man said pretty much the same thing. He raved about Barcelona.

Comment

• Santa
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Aug 2004

Cities I loved the most are Budapest and Barcelona.
                  If you happen to be in Belgium, I suppose Brugge should be in your list.
                  Praha is on my to-do list, as well as Tallin, but I prefer to wait for better weather for that
                  When do you plan your arrival?
                  Santa Claus inc.
                  World wide deliveries, once a year

Comment

• floridaorange
                    • Dec 2005

Perhaps between Dec - March.. most likely Jan, Feb or March. thanks Santa

I have heard great things about Hungary as well... my cousin lived there for a year I think. She loved it.
                    Last edited by floridaorange; October 21, 2014, 10:01:19 PM.

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jan 2014

European dream vacation for me would be to visit Italy: Venice, Rome, but specially Southern Italy (Naples), and (have actually thought a lot about this) the city of Forio on the Island of Ischia appeals because a fav fam member of mine's ancestors are from there. If I ever get over there, would not be able to pass up Paris though, that would be a must see. Switzerland sounds amazing also & helps to have a friend with tips/experience. Exciting to even think of such a trip.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g580210-d316494-Reviews-Mezzatorre_Resort_and_Spa-Forio_Isola_d_Ischia_Province_of_Naples_Campania.h tml

Forio-Image1.jpg

Forio-Image2.jpg

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by unrecogniseduser
                        if you come to Vienna give us a shout. It's a nice place with plenty to do
                        thanks my man, I will

Comment

• floridaorange
                          • Dec 2005

So Barcelona and Budapest or London and Paris? I'd like to go to Barcelona, Italy and Budapest, but wife is thinking London and Paris.

Regardless, we need to know where we should go exactly and what we should do, lol. Or should we just go there and figure it out? I am down for whatever, and enjoy exploring, my wife on the other hand is my opposite and wants things all planned out in advance.

Comment

• Jenks
                            I'm kind of a big deal.
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
                            So Barcelona and Budapest or London and Paris? I'd like to go to Barcelona, Italy and Budapest, but wife is thinking London and Paris.

Regardless, we need to know where we should go exactly and what we should do, lol. Or should we just go there and figure it out? I am down for whatever, and enjoy exploring, my wife on the other hand is my opposite and wants things all planned out in advance.
                            When I was younger I was all about cramming the most I could see into the days I had available. Now that i've travelled more, I think the opposite- i'd rather spend more time in less places. I've done 6 countries in a three weeks before, and while it was a great experience, I didn't get the feeling that I really ever got to know any one place really well. Sure I've been there, seen things, but you don't have time to immerse yourself in the culture doing that. My wife and I just spend two weeks in only two cities in Spain last month and from now on that's totally the way to go for us.

So when you say Bercelona, Italy, and Budapest..gosh man, there is so much to see in each, I wonder if you'd really come away with the experience you're looking for if you're only going for 10 days. Italy is a trip in itself as it's so diverse from boot to north. Paris? A week. If you've got a lot of time, go for it, but 10 days is going to fly by and you're going to end up spending a lot of it packing your shit up and moving from place to place with a big travel itinerary.

As far as planning it our winging it- do a little of both. Have a plan, but don't be so stuck to it that you can't wander off the beaten path and explore because it's going to be those moments that surprise you and will probably end up being the most memorable.

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

^^^ good advice
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...