X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audrey_w
    Gold Gabber
    • Jan 2013

Re: 2nd but really first trip to Europe

Perhaps asking your wife where she would like to go, rather than asking the internet where your wife might like to go would be a more rewarding approach?
    Good luck

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Wife's grandma passed away 2 days ago, mine passed away 30 mins ago. Past couple days we've had a rough time. Thanks to all who have been cool lately.
      Last edited by floridaorange; October 26, 2014, 09:51:09 PM.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• KiwiTollway
        Platinum Poster
        • Jan 2014

___Pup.jpg
        ^^ Sorry to hear that. Prayers of comfort to you & yours FL.

Comment

• Rawrmune
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2011

I'm really sorry for your loss Florida, I wish your family the best in this difficult time.

Comment

• floridaorange
            • Dec 2005

Thank you my friend, really sad but good service today. She touched many lives.

Comment

• Krystyan
              Platinum Poster
              • Oct 2004

sorry to hear about your loss FO. all the best vibes from here.
              https://www.facebook.com/YEGworld

Comment

• Bender420
                Tickle me Elmo!
                • Jun 2004

John when are you going? Sorry to hear about you and your wife's recent losses in the family by the way! I haven't been around lately due to work. My .02 would be Barcelona and Budapest. And i think you'd love Vienna as well. Budapest is my favorite city i've visited! And Barcelona may be the most beautiful city i've visited. I recommend checking out lonelyplanet.com. It tells you pretty much anything you need to know about a place. how to get there, what to see, eat, where to stay. I always bring their travel book with me when i travel as it's pretty much the bible for travelers! If you have any specific questions i'd be glad to help. I still have the same cell number from when we met at wmc. And if you make it to Vienna, hit those dudes up! They're some of my best friends!
                Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• floridaorange
                  • Dec 2005

Thank you J, I appreciate it. We will spend some time on that spot. My wife is kind of attached to the idea of London, Paris, Rome. So that will most likely be what we'll do the first time there.... because she is more of a sensitive traveler (and less traveled) and of course I want her to be happy. I am pretty sure I have your number, although mine has changed, and some #'s didnt transfer, I'll pm you for your # if I don't, thanks for your help .

Comment

• floridaorange
                    • Dec 2005

We are leaving in March. Going to go to Rome and Paris. Rome just looks too incredible to not visit. Paris is for my wife, she wants to go there.

Comment

• Bender420
                      Tickle me Elmo!
                      • Jun 2004

give yourself an entire day to explore the louvre. it's massive! and be sure to check out the eiffel tower at night. every hour on the hour they flash the lights on it like a xmas tree for about 10 minutes. really cool to see and walk under i then. if you go up it, you'll have to do that during the day i believe. let me know when you plan on being in london, and i can check with some friends about what's going on then. there always seems to be something cool worth checking out. rome is amazing, but can be overwhelming just because of the grand scope of things. if you do the vatican, get there probably at least a half hour before it opens because there is always a huge line. it's definitely another day as well! the place is truly awe inspiring! and be sure to go up into the dome of st peters! it's really cool, and it gives you an amazing view up on the roof! you should consider florence as well if you do rome. it's only about an hour and a half by train. it's worth it just to see the contrast in it's renaissance architecture vs gothic that you see most everywhere else! and going to the duomo and paying the extra fee to go up into the dome is a must! you get to see the vasari's fresco up close. and then again go up onto the roof for an amazing view of the city and the country side.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

sounds like a plan - thanks man - I am perhaps most excited about st peters. and you are right, it does seem overwhelming, with so much to see. thanks for the tip about Florence. I think we are only doing 4 days in each unfortunately. I hope we make it to London, but that may be stretching things too much with that short amount of time :/.

*edit - 4 days in each - 8 total

Comment

• foreks
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

Florida, you can find below my favourites from last summer's holiday travel destinations. Forget Paris, Parisians hate tourists, the Americans in particular - you won't understand it. Germany is mostly underrateed and comparing to northern Italy and the south of France it's extremely cheap. And any German speak English which is rare in France and Italy. Rent a car and go on your own.

Cinque Terre, Italy
                          cinque-terre-281.jpg

Colmar, France
                          accueil-colmar-noel.jpg

Passo del Maloja, Switzerland
                          stelvio-pass-valley.jpg

Portofino, Italy
                          Portofino-wide-harbour-c-freesurf-Fotolia2.jpg

Monte Carlo, France
                          20918.jpg

Neuschwanstein, Germany
                          large (2).jpg

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Why does every one say Parisians hate tourists??? Been to paris twice and always been treated wonderfully. A Parisian I spoke to on the street taught me how to use the laudromat I don't speak french.

I loved Paris. !! I found the Louvre overwhelming and very crowded. The Musee d'Orsay was incredibly beautiful. Much sexier
                            Originally posted by TheVrk
                            it IS incredible isn't it??
                            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Bender420
                              Tickle me Elmo!
                              • Jun 2004

Some Parisians, not all, were pretty rude to me when i was there. Even a cop when i tried my best in french to ask a question when i got lost. Everyone i've talked to that has been there has had similar experiences. I even have a french friend here in Nola who agrees that many Parisians are rude towards Americans.

Comment

• ddr
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Bender420
                                Some Parisians, not all, were pretty rude to me when i was there. Even a cop when i tried my best in french to ask a question when i got lost. Everyone i've talked to that has been there has had similar experiences. I even have a french friend here in Nola who agrees that many Parisians are rude towards Americans.
                                my manager had similar experiences when she visited last month, she said even though she tried her best at speaking French.. most would not help her and her husband or make fun of them even.

funny contrast, my parents were recently in Fiji and they said everyone there were the best ever, hospitable to the 10th degree, one of the workers at their resort even invited them over for dinner with his family one evening.
                                "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

Working...