• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Illuminate
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Aug 2009

Re: revolution in the us of a?

Originally posted by res0nat0r
    So he should walk everywhere for the rest of his life because some other people in the world are poor? lolwut
    When you start a thread on economic inequality, and the middle class wagering a dysfunction as they are loosing privileges like driving European cars, per se. Why should you contradict your own point? My argument is not based on comparing on the advantaged looking down on the disadvantaged, on the contrary of the disadvantaged looking up to the advantaged, and complaining why we are not equal? You are, you have the opportunities to do so, and that is one of the beneficiaries of the capitalist systems.

Originally posted by floridaorange
    Illuminate - are you married, have kids? Sometimes new cars that are safe are just whats needed. I was fine with a Toyota Camry, but my wife insisted on VW. Glad she did. Almost bought an Optima because the price was so low.
    Irrespective of me having kids, a wife etc. etc. my financial outcomes and management should not be biased on this, nor the safety rating on a car, Last time I checked, the Camary (here in Australia) still got a high rating 36.27/37 for safety. (Toyota safety | Camry crash test - ANCAP
    ). So what does that have to do with anything? It's quiet ironic that you make comments on this forum of trying to invest in shares, you secondary income (I assume) with your photography work, has obviously increased you finical capacity, then why complain on others making more?

Sorry, this is nothing personal or directed towards you but it's relative to all these hippies that complain they don't make any money and should be greater wealth distribution for doing nothing. When I was walking past the Occupy movement when it was based here in Sydney, I literally had come close to kicking this guy in the head because of in-cumbersome laziness.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
    Sbando
    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
    Bob
    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
    KiwiTollway

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Not nearly as safe as a passat. Forged steel vs stamped. 3 piece welded doors vs 1 solid piece. 12 inch solid steel frames vs 5. And so on... The question about having a wife or not has more to do with having to compromise...often, or not. Which I do/did and now drive this vw for that reason.

Not sure but are you calling my lazy? I don't just do photography guy. I've been working since age 15. Several of the jobs were 15 hour days. If you don't mind me asking, what job do you have that affords you the time to give my posts so much thought?

oh ya, and I almost forgot to mention...the VW, was the least expensive and the dealer was the most compromising and easy to work with.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Illuminate
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Aug 2009

^I may agree on the points of safe cars etc. However, on the matter of this thread, it seemed very out of proposition, almost in contradictory. That's all.

The rhetoric of the unprivileged middle class is almost un-bearing in my opinion,

Sbando
        - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
        Feather

Bob
        the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
        KiwiTollway

Comment

• floridaorange
          • Dec 2005

So that's why you are in this thread, to tell everyone people who post that their rhetoric is un-bearing?

fuck you

Comment

• audrey_w
            Gold Gabber
            • Jan 2013

What an absolute cunt

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Not nearly as safe as a passat. Forged steel vs stamped. 3 piece welded doors vs 1 solid piece. 12 inch solid steel frames vs 5. And so on... The question about having a wife or not has more to do with having to compromise...often, or not. Which I do/did and now drive this vw for that reason.

Not sure but are you calling my lazy? I don't just do photography guy. I've been working since age 15. Several of the jobs were 15 hour days. If you don't mind me asking, what job do you have that affords you the time to give my posts so much thought?

oh ya, and I almost forgot to mention...the VW, was the least expensive and the dealer was the most compromising and easy to work with.
              "If you don't mind me asking, what job do you have that affords you the time to give my posts so much thought?" Irony ?
              Originally posted by TheVrk
              it IS incredible isn't it??
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• floridaorange
                • Dec 2005

really didi? i feel like my posts come off like a 3rd grader who is daydreaming. i give my posts very little thought as I'm in a big rush to post and get back to whatever I was doing.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • May 2006

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

I don't know if the revolution that's being discussed here will be quite in the romantic/bloodshed way that some envision it - it depends on whether the powers that be recognize when their power that they wield is going to cause their toppling or not.

Decisions like the Supreme Court's call on Citizen's United and other pro-corporate decisions have certainly echoed some of the French Revolutions aristocracy sentiments, but it's still a long way away from being the kind of boiling over that caused that kind of idea.

Revolutions can be a lot more quiet and subtle than we recognize and can't always be visible and fully understood until years, sometimes decades after the actions that changed a countries discourse and views have taken place.
                    Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• floridaorange
                      • Dec 2005

Comment

• audrey_w
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
                        I don't know if the revolution that's being discussed here will be quite in the romantic/bloodshed way that some envision it - it depends on whether the powers that be recognize when their power that they wield is going to cause their toppling or not. A nation of contradiction for sure

Decisions like the Supreme Court's call on Citizen's United and other pro-corporate decisions have certainly echoed some of the French Revolutions aristocracy sentiments, but it's still a long way away from being the kind of boiling over that caused that kind of idea.

Revolutions can be a lot more quiet and subtle than we recognize and can't always be visible and fully understood until years, sometimes decades after the actions that changed a countries discourse and views have taken place.
                        I agree revolutions can take various forms. That the person who started this thread then used same thread for a discussion on which new car to buy speaks louder than any reply. The USA insists on the individual's right to bear arms as a means of keeping govt in check, but we saw after the Boston marathon incident how fast they were to accept martial law, almost doing so as a point of patriotism.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • May 2006

^There was no martial law imposed during the Boston bombing manhunt.

Comment

• Illuminate
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
                            I don't know if the revolution that's being discussed here will be quite in the romantic/bloodshed way that some envision it - it depends on whether the powers that be recognize when their power that they wield is going to cause their toppling or not.

I agree with this point, and this is eminent on the flavour of the month perse from Ferguson. In terms of America you can easily reflect on the dictum of Obaamacare, Hobby Lobby, and other cases you mentioned as being reverting to old habits.

On the point of this thread, I again make the point of why privileged middle class, takes a precedence on wanting more?

Sbando
                            - You Will Be Missed.

Feather

Bob
                            the banned1

KiwiTollway

Comment

• vinnie97
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jul 2007

I'm gonna be honest Vinnie. You scare me.
                              The feeling is mutual. People like you gave us 8 (plus? remains to be seen) years of the everpresent disaster in the White House (a byproduct of that western decadency you referenced earlier). If MS doesn't end up vanishing, I hope they at least send this subforum to the dustbin only if I don't have to read this kind of elitist political pontification (there's already more than a hearty helping of it all over the web from countless other "all-knowing" loudmouths).

Comment

• vinnie97
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jul 2007

Op-ed by Rick Ungar and his opinion about what he deems a "key" study. "I write from the left on politics and policy." Enough said, but that's just the kind of source I'd expect you to reference (let's ignore that the study being referenced only refers to 39% of the states, all of which already suffered from the highest HC costs). Keep on believing. What I can demonstrably claim is I'm facing the first of the fines from the said fascistic edict introduced by this partisan law, and they will only be climbing in the ensuing years. Do you realize the added financial burden this law creates for those who are not much above the poverty line? A $6k deductible for someone who makes $20k? They might as well file for bankruptcy. The questionable constitutional hoop-jumping that was required (is it a fee or a tax depends upon who is asking the question) to achieve passage at the Supreme Court just adds more fuel to the fire.

Comment

Working...