Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Woo hoo!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • Haziel
    Likes a finger upthere
    • Jan 2007

Re: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

All I'm going to say is that I'm glad that is finally over, hey peter please don't make "the silmarilion" …. thats all.

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

That bad huh

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Haziel
        Likes a finger upthere
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by floridaorange
        That bad huh
        I think somewhere along the line Jackson lost his visual imagination which was mind blowing on the first trilogy.

Out of the three from this last trilogy an "Unexpected journey" would be the best or the least worst for that matter, it reflected a really mature director and a evolution of his whole wingnut crew...claps for that, but the "desolation of smaug" and "the battle of the five armies" has got to be the worst formulaic cheesee blockbuster movies that I've seen in a while only comparable to transformers and planet of the apes, I slept very painfully through these whole 2 exhausting hobbit movies.

In a way I knew it was going to be like this, the premise of over stretching a very thin book for 3 overextended movies…placed jackson in a position of applying overdone formulas to keep the movie going. I give this movie 2 stars out of 5.

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Reviews for this have been pretty bad.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

think i am going to pass on this one.

i didnt really like more than half of Return of the King and the Hobbit series certainly has not been any better.

why couldnt they make this in a single 3-hour movie? oh well.
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• floridaorange
              I'm merely a humble butler
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ddr

why couldnt they make this in a single 3-hour movie? oh well.
              Finale Nears $600 Million at Global Box Office | Variety

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Wow this shouldn't have been split into two. This part picks up right after the previous but amazingly with all that bloat it still can't construct a coherent narrative. There were scenes that didn't seem to connect, random people walking into scenes, and a random army joining the battle (despite the raven carrying the message from Erebor and returning moments before). Had maintain hopes despite the reviews online, I enjoyed parts 1 and 2, this was a disappointing mess.

Comment

• go0gle
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jan 2007

Couldn't even finish it..

Comment

• OkiDokie
                    Addiction started
                    • Dec 2010

Horrible trilogy. I enjoyed the first part, but half way through the second one I knew it was going to end badly, and I wasn't wrong.

I feel like Peter Jackson tried to bring back the glory of The Lord of the Rings, but failed miserably.

Comment

Working...