Euthanasia (not a generic debate about it but a request from someone you know)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbando
    Going back to Romford
    • Apr 2008

Euthanasia (not a generic debate about it but a request from someone you know)

Every advanced country should have a law or some form of regulation for euthanasia.

If someone wants to die peacefully and their life have been unbearable for them, let them go!
    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
    ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Euthanasia (not a generic debate about it but a request from someone you know)

yes
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• KiwiTollway
      Platinum Poster
      • Jan 2014

Re: Euthanasia (not a generic debate about it but a request from someone you know)

Agree! & let them die with dignity if they have a terminal disease.

What do you mean this is a request?????

Comment

• Rawrmune
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2011

Everything going okay sbando?

Comment

• sbando
          Going back to Romford
          • Apr 2008

I mean: we could debate for years on the subject, so let's forget about that. What if a dear one, a friend, someone you actually know raises the question? Would that make you change your mind on euthanasia?

I've already been through that and I chronicled my story in this same forum. Now I'm contemplating the option again but I see that despite all the big words and all the important people taking a stand and supporting it, nothing has been done. Ironically, a healthy man who DECIDES to terminate his life can do it (at present, in a few Euro countries). Someone deeply hurt and ill like myself can't, because (and obviously) depression is a gray area, etc.

So, you're left facing more traumatic attempts at your own life, each time risking to break your neck or hurt your mind and body in various ways -and LIVING.

I've been through a similar experience, ie: surviving. You will never be the same again and people will walk away from you for what you did, not the opposite.
          ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
          ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
          ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
          ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• KiwiTollway
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2014

Let me know --am here.
            Last edited by KiwiTollway; December 17, 2014, 09:25:42 PM.

Comment

• trick12
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jul 2007

id tell them no man…theres plenty of options they can go through before deciding to quit in themselves…i personally don't mind dying, maybe id be sad more for others that will want me there, but for myself i really don't care, and sometimes i wish it can all be over from how shit life can get to be…but theres always a bright side, and really i believe that things can change to the better or worse at any moment...

id rather go wander around in some far place and change my whole life, but kill myself no…would never do it or tell anyone to do it, not a fan of giving up...
              Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

I used to get angry when people talked of killing themselves. My attitude was "How dare they do that to the ones they leave behind." Then I got older and wiser and I understand that sometimes just being can be unbearable. There are times in my life that I wanted to stop being . But I was always aware that there was always a few people at least that would be hurt if I did anything about it . They would also probably always wonder what they could have done to stop me. When people do it there is rarely anything anyone else can do , they just want the pain to go away and that is the only way they think they can do it. I have also learnt that mental pain is every bit as real and every bit as painful as physical pain .

If someone I knew wanted to go I would tell them how much I would miss them and hope that I could give them some comfort. But ultimately it would be their decision.

sbando , I wish I could help make your pain go away .

We are having a debate in Australia at the moment.
                Originally posted by TheVrk
                it IS incredible isn't it??
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• floridaorange
                  I'm merely a humble butler
                  • Dec 2005

Finding the light in peoples eyes, the beautiful part of them, the spirit that is loving and kind, that's part of what keeps me feeling hopeful, young and optimistic. It's there, in everyone, you just have to see it, want to see it, and when you do it changes everything. It did for me at least.

Also being in places where people are trying to better themselves can be inspiring. I'll let you decide what those places are for yourself.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• KiwiTollway
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by floridaorange
                    Finding the light in peoples eyes, the beautiful part of them, the spirit that is loving and kind, that's part of what keeps me feeling hopeful, young and optimistic. It's there, in everyone....
                    I really like this, beautifully stated FL.

Comment

Working...