Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM 90.3 • 17.01. 2015 • Episode 193

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM 90.3 • 17.01. 2015 • Episode 193

Part 1 Tracklist

Eduardo de la Calle - Gajapati
    Kellerkind - Move Me (Joachim Pastor Remix)
    Mind Against - Strange Days (Recondite Remix)
    Mind Against - Polarstern
    Applescal & Ryan Davis - Creatures (N'Pot Unofficial Remix)

Part 2 Tracklist

Mariano Mellino & Maxi Degrassi - Molly
    Ditian - Dream on dreamer
    Sea - Young Lovers Searching Stars (Stas Drive Remix)
    Jos & Eli - Galactica

Resident by Hernan Cattaneo
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM 90.3 • 17.01. 2015 • Episode 193

Sooo 70 views. My local has 1017
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

I've got half of these tracks, love the Kellerkind remix.

Really been a Recondite spell lately [Hinterland and On Acid] + have about 20 Eduardo De La Calle tracks too. Nice to see Hernan playing this music, bit more techno influenced and maybe different from the South American sound, but still with groove melody and nice percussion. Will be interesting to see if this type of music is included in the maestro's live sets.

I know Hernan plays some Cadenza too, I spent Friday going through the entire back catalogue on Bandcamp and ended up with 8 hours of music. It was a fair old trawl, I really like some of the latin influence in that music, but there is a fair amount of music that's not to my taste in there too.
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

Hernán Cattáneo : Resident (Delta FM 90.3) - Episode 193

Part 1:

01. Eduardo De La Calle - Gajapati (Methodical Machines EP) [Cadenza | CADENZA99]
        02. Kellerkind - Move Me (Joachim Pastor Remix) [Stil Vor Talent | SVT144]
        03. Mind Against - Strange Days (Recondite Remix) [Life And Death | LAD019DIGITAL]
        04. Mind Against - Polarstern [Life And Death | LAD019DIGITAL]
        05. Applescal & Ryan Davis - Creatures (N'Pot Unofficial Remix) [Atomnation | unreleased]

Part 2:

01. Mariano Mellino & Maxi Degrassi - Molly [unreleased]
        02. Ditian - Dream On Dreamer [unreleased]
        03. Sea - Young Lovers Searching Stars (Stas Drive Remix) [System Recordings | Promo]
        04. D33P and Jos & Eli (Four To The Floor 03 EP) - Galactica [Diynamic | DIYFTTF03]

Release Notes:

01. Eduardo De La Calle - Gajapati (Methodical Machines EP) [Cadenza | CADENZA99]

Returning to Cadenza Records after two previous singles (‘The Motorglider’ EP and ‘Precursors’ EP), Eduardo De La Calle drops ‘The Methodical Machines EP’ this December on Luciano’s imprint.

Across two pieces of vinyl, and five tracks, Eduardo flexes his unique sound design of minimal and soulful grooves. Heavily indebted to the classic sounds of the Detroit techno visionaries, Eduardo has built up a solid reputation through his Analog Solutions label, and also through his film production career (check the electronic music documentary ‘Beatz’ for some insight here).

A staunch supporter of all things analogue, Eduardo manages to tease out some highly emotive and melancholic music from the machines. The sci-fi vibes of opening ‘Gajapati’ build gradually over the brooding and spongy production, whilst ‘The Namuci’s Mistery’ is soaked with pitch bending synths and rasping acidic stabs. Eduardo brings into play his jazz influences on ‘Concierto De Aranjuez’, floating some freestyle keys and wandering waveforms over a body popping beat whilst the sparse beats of ‘The Demigod’s Control’ are brought to life with the stuttering electronics and rising pads, as ever filled with heaps of emotion and soul.

Quickly becoming a key player in Luciano’s Cadenza stable, Eduardo continues to produce unique and inspiring electronic music, a quality that the label always strives for, and can be found in abundance on ‘The Methodical Machines’.

Release Date: 15 December 2014

02. Kellerkind - Move Me (Joachim Pastor Remix) [Stil Vor Talent | SVT144]

Just over a year has passed since the release of Kellerkinds Music is a Miracle album: now the Swiss talent finally delivers a new EP in the form of Move Me, which showcases how his sound has evolved. The title track is an atmospheric affair drawing you in with garage percussion, deep horns and icy synths, while the vocals add a layer of detachment. Believe in You nods to classic Kellerkind by way of a disco groove a neo-trance lead adds an extra twist however. Next up, Joachim Pastor turns Move Me into a tour de force of musical wizardry, while Jiggler gets locked deep in the groove.

Release Date: 12 December 2014

03. Mind Against - Strange Days (Recondite Remix) [Life And Death | LAD019DIGITAL]
        04. Mind Against - Polarstern [Life And Death | LAD019DIGITAL]

At the cusp of the present and a not so distant future we stand in an incongruous space of sensory overload where tomorrows big new high is just a small technological leap away. A dystopian landscape inspired by a bygone portrait of days to come. Once again Mind Against bring their signature sound to Life and Death as they explore territory that is somehow both familiar and fresh at the same time.

With two tracks of emotional techno that traverse a dynamic sonic landscape, both Strange Days and Polarstern could easily captivate a small room or command a small army with ease.

Bringing an understated counterpoint to the EP is Recondite's subtle yet rich sounding take on Strange Days as he reworks it into a soft and sexy trip that seems to take you on a journey outwards and inwards all while standing still in that place where words have no meaning. A well crafted remix of the highest caliber.

Release Date: 15 December 2014

05. Applescal & Ryan Davis - Creatures (N'Pot Unofficial Remix) [Atomnation | unreleased]

The original of Creatures was released in September 2013 [ATM011] and included an Ambient Version and Dark Edit.

"The Berlin producers team up to release an EP of three re-imaginings, and ask for your help dreaming up a fourth... with the promise of an analog synth from the Korg Volca series and a place on their remix EP for the winner."

This unofficial remix, which missed the remix contest deadline, comes from N'Pot aka Nicolas Delfino of Buenos Aires, and part of the part of "Monster of Density" crew.

06. Mariano Mellino & Maxi Degrassi - Molly [unreleased]

Mariano Mellino was born in Buenos Aires, a city that gave him his music training and production essence of the sacred groove and combination of deep and harmonious sounds. His music has been signed to Sudbeat (Buenos Aires) / Manual Músic (Rotterdam) / Lowbit(London) / Crossfrontier Audio (Berlin) / Plattembank (Munich)/ Sudam (Buenos Aires) / System Recording (NY) / Movement Recording (Greece) / Asymmetric (Tel Aviv) / Slaap (Berlin).

Fellow Argentinian Maxi Degrassi has releases on Crossfade Sounds, Sofine, Dubstore Records, WHA! Records and In4mations Records.

07. Ditian - Dream On Dreamer [unreleased]

Ditian is a Buenos Aires Producer focusing on groove & melody. His 'Lonely Runner' for Alola Records was a big track for Hernán and featured in his Cafe D'Anvers set.

08. Sea - Young Lovers Searching Stars (Stas Drive Remix) [System Recordings | Promo]

SEA’s strength as a producer comes from a solid musical background. A classically trained musician in piano, music's theory and composition.

Born in Constanta, Romania in 1987, Gabriela Dinca (Sea) developed a curiosity and deep passion for music since her early years. Stidying at Art school in Constanta, she discovered the clubbing life and all the underground movement that was happening at the Black Sea side.

She was also an opera singer during 4 years, being trained in the studio by the finest soloists of the opera stage in Romania. Electronic music captured all her attention and energy when it exploded on the Romanian scene at that time.

In present, SEA owns a studio where she produces her own sounds, so keep an eye on her.

09. D33P and Jos & Eli (Four To The Floor 03 EP) - Galactica [Diynamic | DIYFTTF03]

Diynamic launch new Various Artists EP Series After an incredible summer that saw the Diynamic label release more big hits from boss Solomun and hot talents Adriatique, as well as hold down their fantastic outdoor parties in Ibiza, the Hamburg house stable is unleashing a brand new series of four Various Artists Eps called 'Four To The Floor' - the kick-off sees four EPs, four tracks each, focussing on the dancefloor.

The names included along the way are largely exciting new producers who are being welcomed into the label fold for the first time and each of the four new EPs will be released roughly two weeks apart, starting November 10th. The producers hail from all over the world including France, India, Switzerland, Israel and many more places besides. This, then, is something of the start of a new era for the ever-evolving Diynamic label and showcases their skills at unearthing the next big things. EP3 Here comes the third instalment of Diynamic's essential new talent and various artist series.

It kicks off with D33P, Jos & Eli and their 'Galactica' track. Its a subtle and supple affair with thick basslines, feathery light synth patterns and lots of spacey vibes.

Next up are Audio Junkies aka Israeli duo Daniel Rave and Yoav 'Joe' Rave aka. JoMaJo, who have released on Noir, Global Underground and many other labels. 'Bansky' is their offering and it is a magical, feel good bit of deep house with deep drums, hypnotic melodies and synths you can really feel in your heart.

Then comes a track from Minus hero and techno talent Hobo. His 'Mirage' is a peak time techno pumper with lots of mad melodies and a fantastic African vocal that is sure to become a standout Solomun anthem in the months to come.

Last but not least is Jobb & Corco with 'African Balad', a tribal track with lots of DIY percussion, carnival like synths and drum-based drama. Its a big track that will destroy dancefloors and closes out another great EP in this series.

Release Date: 08 December 2014
        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by simonr
          I've got half of these tracks, love the Kellerkind remix.

Really been a Recondite spell lately [Hinterland and On Acid] + have about 20 Eduardo De La Calle tracks too. Nice to see Hernan playing this music, bit more techno influenced and maybe different from the South American sound, but still with groove melody and nice percussion. Will be interesting to see if this type of music is included in the maestro's live sets.

I know Hernan plays some Cadenza too, I spent Friday going through the entire back catalogue on Bandcamp and ended up with 8 hours of music. It was a fair old trawl, I really like some of the latin influence in that music, but there is a fair amount of music that's not to my taste in there too.
          My local ended up with 1245 views this week , New record.
          I love Bandcamp, but I have ended up with spam. Did you get get anything off the Kick the Challenge Album. ?? Just about every track is a winer.

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

No heard a few tracks of it that were nice .. but there's sooooo much music out there.

Been trying to but music that's different than the radio shows I listen to, the Cadenza's a nice early evening vibe. Hernan was playing this:

sigpicSimonR

Comment

Working...