X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Chappie [2015]

Can't believe I didn't even hear of this movie until today and its being released soon. Neil Blompkamp's releasing a robot movie and I can't wait to see it.

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • clintlove
    Hey girl, ya Hungry?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Chappie [2015]

Could of named it something less gay.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

I can't believe that not a single shot of the Robot isn't real, in the entire movie, the robot is a digital animation. Unreal

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

It's a pretty tonally uneven movie and seems to be going everywhere with the story and not a particular focus. Lots of Sony product placement, great special effects and the social commentary of his previous two movies is nowhere to be found - and is sorely missed.

It's got a huge amount of potential with the cast to the designs and the special effects, but Blompkamp goes big of spectacle and short on ideas, which makes this feel a bit like a junior Michael Bay in the making.

I wanted to like this, but I can't - there's a lot of problems with the tone and rhythm of the movie, cast members like Sigourney Weaver are wasted - with her pretty much spending the entire movie sitting behind a desk and yelling at people, and the revelation in the final act comes out of nowhere and pretty much robs the movie of any consequences that took place.
        Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

^ kind of what I was afraid of. the first set of previews I saw did not make me want to see this, but the more I heard about it, the more I was intrigued.

you know what it immediately reminds me of?

Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• yerg
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2006

Comment

• REDROCK
              Gold Gabber
              • Feb 2015

have heard good things about this film.
              Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                Anyone have Styx livesets?
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
                It's a pretty tonally uneven movie and seems to be going everywhere with the story and not a particular focus. Lots of Sony product placement, great special effects and the social commentary of his previous two movies is nowhere to be found - and is sorely missed.

It's got a huge amount of potential with the cast to the designs and the special effects, but Blompkamp goes big of spectacle and short on ideas, which makes this feel a bit like a junior Michael Bay in the making.

I wanted to like this, but I can't - there's a lot of problems with the tone and rhythm of the movie, cast members like Sigourney Weaver are wasted - with her pretty much spending the entire movie sitting behind a desk and yelling at people, and the revelation in the final act comes out of nowhere and pretty much robs the movie of any consequences that took place.
                Pretty much agree with this. Amazing visuals. Terrible story line. The lead bad guy it's pretty wooden actor too (hes a musician).
                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

I gotta wholeheartedly disagree with the negative reviews in this thread.

The story line, perceived from the most basic of a movie-goers sense of Hollywood entertainment is obfuscatedly deserved, but you break the movie down into the multitude of spectrums of science and perception of our inevitable future as humans -- and the movie starts to bring about an overwhelming sense of "jesus can this be for real?"

To break it down...you have so many indelible elements of AI, Consciousness, successful transcendence, and even an obscured implementation of the teachings of the Hindu Bhagvad Gita - where the consciousness / soul never dies, but only moves from one body to another as time limits the extent of our survival into a finite state, regardless of whether it is biological or mechanical.

Add to it, this time, we have a super intelligent robot that's learning at an inexplicable rate, highlights the clear difference between humanity being so far from analyzing the mind of God, but an ultra-fast array of processors that are able to utilize 100% of their analytical powers (via the corny array of PS4s) are able to breakdown (to a successful extent), what humans are (from a believers perspective) as far as creating consciousness is concerned, and that to me is pretty good.

Being a real Sci-Fi fan and considering the multitude of elements that this movie portrays, I give this one a MASSIVE 8.5/10
                  Last edited by Kamal; May 21, 2015, 06:19:49 AM.
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

^^ drunk reviews, I still loved the movie.
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• nick007
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Oct 2007

^Haha the 2 actors are from South Africa real trailer trash - Die Antwoord

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

Working...