X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

One Plus One

Just got myself a One Plus One, an Android phone out of China with a 5.5" screen.

Tinkering with custom ROMs, but loving it so far, it's an OCD geek's dream come true.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • Santa
    Getting Somewhere
    • Aug 2004

Re: One Plus One

I love mine too. It take very nice pictures in low light and has a nice HD screen. Too bad it has no dual sim, but for half the price of the other high quality on the market, it's a great gsm.
    Santa Claus inc.
    World wide deliveries, once a year

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Oh you have one too?

This is my first Android phone and I'm really enjoying it. I've been exploring custom roms, kernels, and mods.

I am only missing the notification badges from iOS, need to get a hack for it; and iMessage.

The One Plus forum is pretty active and if you like taking pictures with the phone, someone on the forum ported the camera app from Color OS which is suppose to be even better.

BIG camera news on Color OS Camera - OnePlus Forums

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

This is not necessarily a post about the phone but the OS. I'm pretty much over the Android hype. I was big into rooting, flashing custom ROMs and Kernels. My adventures started around 2010 iirc and they went from insanely complex rootings of the HTC Desire HD to the run-of-the-mill roots of Samsungs and I can honestly say that the hype has blown over for me.

The biggest problem in flashing ROMs is restoring data. Although you can use backup softwares, a lot of times when you jump a massive OS version (i.e. from ICS to JB to KK to LL), you have to wipe the device simply because you can't even import the data from backup because you will end up with major FCs. So you have to perform individual backups of the Apps you use the most and do a manual restore.

That, mixed in with the fact that you need to setup your screens and widgets all over again really sucks the joy out of it. It was crazy fun at first, but then I spent a year using my iPhone 5S before gifting it to my brother and the fact that rooting isn't as easy or useful (because it makes the phone slow as fuck) on iPhones, I quit doing it and I found an odd peace in not having to keep fidgeting with the device. With Androids, knowing that you CAN root it leaves this gaping desire in your nerdy side that is always on the hunt for the next best ROM and once you flash it, it's starting from scratch all over again.

The fact that Apple takes that away from you is, in some weird way, a blessing in disguise to me.
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

I know what you mean. I went through the same thing with jailbreaking the iPhone and gave up after a while. No doubt this is the honeymoon period with Android but it certainly is fascinating. Eg. if I have a problem with battery life on the iPhone I have to suck it up. With the Android I've experimented with a combination of kernels and ROMs to get a good battery life.

Another reason for trying the OPO is its 5.5" screen, that I'm definitely sold on. If I move back to the iPhone I will be getting the same screen size.

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

Yea I'm waiting for the iPhone 6S Plus this October, 2 gig ram is the biggest reason I'm going to wait for it.
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
            Originally posted by ace_dl
            Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

I was trying to wait till the S cycle but my iPhone 5 was falling apart Figured I'll give Android and 5.5" a try.

Comment

Working...