X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Galaxy S6

Thinking of taking the plunge and buying this sucker outright, anyone purchased it yet? I've read the reviews and other than the shittier than S5 battery, this phone looks like it's all systems go.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Galaxy S6

It is a non-removable battery no?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

yes, non-removable battery and no flash storage.
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

You like that operating system? That's cool if you do.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Yeah K I thought you were over Android?

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

Yes I'm over Android as far as rooting and flashing ROMs goes but I give credit to Android where it's due

- You can send just about any file over WhatsApp - including media (you can't over iOS)

- Ability to drag and drop just about any audio / video format to the device and even use the device as an external storage

- You can play just about any audio file and video file with Samsung's respective native players

- Widgets

- Google's native apps with new improved features are released first on Android (Maps and GMail are the ones I use most, even free voice calling on WhatsApp is only out on Android right now)

- Even if / when the day does come that I decide to root and flash a custom ROM, it's miles easier and more effective on Android than it is on iOS (every rooting on iOS has made the device unusable for me)

- I will eventually get the iPhone as well so I'm on the fence preference-wise, each device / OS has its merits for me.

Plus since I don't use the cloud for anything other than backup, being able to have immediate access to my digital life is irreplaceable to me. That's why getting 2 x 128 GB Devices and using one for photos and videos of my daughter and the other for my ever expanding music collection (and the reasons mentioned above) is going to be the inevitable future for me.
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• threehills
              I heart Lollergirl
              • Jun 2005

Will it play nice with android auto? The S5 is currenlty have trouble.
              It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

I have no clue about that so far, I haven't got the S6 nor Android Auto in my car. Though between the two, I do prefer Apple's implementation of it.
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• threehills
                  I heart Lollergirl
                  • Jun 2005

I haven't check out the apple version yet, as my life is sunk into google products. Cant freaking wait til Jeep comes out with their version of android auto so I can put it in my new trailhawk. Google's navigation is worth it alone.
                  It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• Kamal
                    Administrator
                    • May 2002

Originally posted by threehills
                    Google's navigation is worth it alone.
                    I don't think there is a better app in the world than Google Maps. It has seriously found so much stuff that most navigations just struggle to, and I have used Garmin's since 2007 and even Apple Maps and they just don't find even street addresses like Google Maps does. Add to it the awesome address suggestions and it's incredible what this app can do. Only gripe is auto-reroute during traffic needs a major overhaul imo.
                    Last edited by Kamal; April 28, 2015, 10:51:31 AM.
                    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

Some Android users on XDA have been touting Nokia's HERE maps. I have it installed. Offline maps is nice to have,

Comment

• Illuminate
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Kamal
                        I don't think there is a better app in the world than Google Maps. It has seriously found so much stuff that most navigations just struggle to, and I have used Garmin's since 2007 and even Apple Maps and they just don't find even street addresses like Google Maps does. Add to it the awesome address suggestions and it's incredible what this app can do. Only grip is auto-reroute during traffic needs a major overhaul imo.
                        This.

Sometimes I turn off my native GPS in the car for the phone. And Google comes up with a detour saying "I have found a 10 minute saving." And the ability to notice accidents on the trip ahead, fucking brilliant.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                        Sbando
                        - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                        Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                        Bob
                        "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                        the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                        KiwiTollway

Comment

• floridaorange
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kamal
                          I don't think there is a better app in the world than Google Maps. It has seriously found so much stuff that most navigations just struggle to, and I have used Garmin's since 2007 and even Apple Maps and they just don't find even street addresses like Google Maps does. Add to it the awesome address suggestions and it's incredible what this app can do. Only grip is auto-reroute during traffic needs a major overhaul imo.
                          Waze

Comment

• Kamal
                            Administrator
                            • May 2002

Waze was originally formed to be a crowd-shared navigation app so users can share info from their devices (intentionally and unintentionally) about traffic patterns, road-blocks, police-traps, police sitting on the road, speed cameras etc. But as a navigation app itself, it sucked ass. Granted it's been a couple of years I messed with it, but it just didn't cut it for me.

Given that Google has now purchased Waze and is likely tapping into the crowd-sourced data from the backend, is why Google Maps of late appears to have become even better about traffic jams.
                            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

Try Waze again

Comment

Working...