• Show
Clear All
  • dusk
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Galaxy S6

Originally posted by Kamal
    Y

- You can send just about any file over WhatsApp - including media (you can't over iOS)
    Now this I didn't know couldn't be done via iOS.. I thought it worked on both platforms.. will have to test it.
    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

My S6 is getting delivered today. Eager to see what is has up it's sleeve.
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

How are you enjoying it?
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

I've only played with it briefly because I bought it for someone else. I do not like Touch Wiz and the usual baggage, I suspect the phone feels a little bit sluggish because of it, compared to my One Plus One running a Blisspop ROM. I'm trying to root the Note 4 which is proving to be more of a hassle than I thought. Physically I like holding it, it feels thinner and lighter than my OPO. I read the Note 4 has an amazing display but I haven't managed to enjoy that fully, the stock T-Mobile ROM comes with a garish red wallpaper that is killing my eyes

The S6 looks very classy though. I'm looking forward to checking out the Note 5 later this year.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

Holy mother on a pogo-stick, this has got to be hands down the best display I've EVER laid eyes on. 577 PPI is just madness. Photos and HD videos look INSANE on it. Front faving 5 MP shooter is awesome. I'm in fucking love
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• go0gle
                Platinum Poster
                • Jan 2007

Congrats on your new toy This one looks much better than any other galaxy phone..

Its always fun to get a new phone... see how you feel after the honeymoon tho... I hear android gets worse the more you use it, but I guess with all that crazy powerful hardware it won't matter anymore.

Is that thing running Snapdragon 810 ? I read somewhere that those things heat up quite a bit

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

Thanks, still in the honeymoon phase and loving it, just looking at such a high resolution screen makes every interaction a massive joy. For the S6, sammy moved away from the Snapdragon's to their own Exynos processors. No problems with heat, but usual Tmo / Android bloatware is making the battery drain unacceptable. Updated to 5.1.1 and phone went fgom 75% to completely empty overnight. Totally unacceptable. Hopefully the release a fix soon.

Otherwise, its awesome.
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

T-Mobile bloat is really bad and I'm having a hard time rooting my phone.

Comment

• dusk
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

I bet if you love watching videos on your phone... then the Galaxy S6 is a must have.
                      ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

I did a side-by-side video comparison test using my S5, S6, an iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in pitch darkness using the below video and the results were nothing short of eye-popping. The S6 just blew everything out of the water. The extent of the deep blacks from the AMOLED panel mixed in with the staggeringly dense PPI bought out details that the rest of the devices just couldn't keep up to. The iPhone struggled to show blacks, showing the space backdrops as hazy greys and the iPhone 6 was the worst of the 4. Safe to say this device is going to stay with me for a very long time to come.

Last edited by Kamal; July 1, 2015, 08:27:53 AM.
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• ddr
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

i just ordered the new S7 Edge after having an iPhone since the iPhone 2.

after playing with the Nvidia Shield tablet since November with Android OS.. it completely blew my mind with the customization and the features of the OS compared to Apple's iOS.

also built a new Windows desktop in February so my Apple fanboy days are near over with the exception of my V5 iPod with my portable amplifier which probably wont be going away any time soon.. then again with the S7 SD card expansion (also ordered a Samsung 128 EVO+), who knows this may be my new one-device-for-everything.
                          "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• D.Williams
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Aug 2006

^^^ ddr!!! I made the switch last year to Galaxy Note 5 and I also had the iphone from the beginning and loved it, but man had Android come a long way, plus the screens on the galaxy phones is tops above all imo. I can do so much more on my note 5, and the simple ability to download from the default browser strait to the phone is something that apple will sadly never give up. Hope you like it, I bet you will.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                              Anyone have Styx livesets?
                              • Jun 2004

Better late than never lads

....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• ddr
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Jun 2004

^^thanks Huggie lol

Received the phone tonight.. so much better than the iPhone, everything.
                                "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

Working...