X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haziel
    Likes a finger upthere
    • Jan 2007

Mad Max: Fury Road [2015]

Saw it on Monday! pretty darn good, At first it might seem as an epic over the top cheesfest but just give it a little chance and u will warm up to it.

I remember feeling exactly the same sensation that I had when I saw Natural born killers at a movie theater … "wow what the hell did I just walked into". One word to describe it WILD! really fucking WILD.

I think the way the scenes are set up and how they prepare you for what is about to come next is the highlight of this movie.

• feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Mad Max: Fury Road

Didn't find it cheesy at all, even if the guitar flame thrower felt over the top it fit right in. Absolutely epic. Burning Man with road rage on steroids.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2008

Re:

Good movie overall. Mad action with some infused weirdness. Mmmmm...mother's milk.

Comment

• Micko
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2004

Watched it today - better than I expected - had to laugh at the fiend playing the guitar in spite of carnage all around him

Comment

• diegoff
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

watched it yesterday, really enjoyed it.
          The desert landscapes are great, the weird people and the cars are great, too. Lots of action and fire and... the dude playing the guitar! hahahahahaha and at the back of the truck, the two guys playing the drums
          It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
          Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
          May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• nick007
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2007

Max Mad the original in its heyday was epic, plan to see this on the weekend

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• floridaorange
              I'm merely a humble butler
              • Dec 2005

Re: Mad Max: Fury Road [2015]

anyone see it in 3d? debating on which version to see

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
                Platinum Poster
                • May 2008

Re:

See it in 3D! Nuff said!

Comment

• floridaorange
                  • Dec 2005

Show times dictated not seeing it in 3d. It was a solid movie though, we enjoyed it.

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

This was one of the best feminist themed action films made that I've seen since Aliens (that's nearly 30 years ago).

And there's so much to be impressed about - the director George Miller, who directed in the past Babe, Lorenzo's Oil, The Witches of Eastwick, Happy Feet and the original Mad Max trilogy, is nearly 70 years old. He managed an incredibly exciting, extremely well shot action film that outpaces most action films in recent history - and with minimal use of CGI, instead getting the cast and stuntmen to do some very dangerous stunts.

I was very surprised at the narrative - Mad Max is a secondary character to his own movie. Charlize Theron carries the movie extremely well, getting most of the dialogue and driving (pun not intended) the story with her character Furiosa.

For a franchise that many thought was dead after Mel Gibson had dropped out, this was a stunning return to form. Even the advertising campaign didn't spoil the film. Great use of 3D as well - I was very pleased with how well this turned out and hope that they'll make good on their talk of more Mad Max movies.
                    Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

I was reminded of the manga Fist of the North Star and was informed the manga was actually inspired by the original Mad Max. It seems like they are turning Mad Max into the wandering hero who walks into stories and move on.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

only bummer I thought was that when they did use cgi it looked awful. kind of similar to Sin City or something. I didn't get that.

Comment

• dusk
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

Charlize Theron... nuff said!
                          ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• floridaorange
                            • Dec 2005

Comment

• ddr
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

seemed alright to me... nothing spectacular and certainly did not see what all the hype was about.

just reminded me of a standard Hollywood movie these days, filled with CGI and explosions with no real story or way for you to actually connect with the characters.

might watch it again to see if I can get anything else out of it.
                              "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

Working...