X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael^Heaven
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Mr. Robot [2015]

Watched the pilot this morning. Definitely recommended. If you're into technology, computers, conspiracy theories, &/or psychology you'll dig it.
  • diegoff
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Mr. Robot [2015]

nice! thank you, I like this kind of movies
    Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
    Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
    May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• ddr
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

just watched episode 1 today and wow.. im hooked.

show is getting great reviews (not surprised as it is directed by the guy that did Girl With Dragon Tattoo and one of the producers produced True Detective) and also heard that it got picked up for a 2nd season before the pilot even aired.
      "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Not bad but kinda slow and not sure where it's going.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by feather
          not sure where it's going.
          would you rather it be predictable? lol

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

I thought that as I wrote it, I guess it's a bit of a dilemma. If I follow a show that is not going anywhere, ie. doesn't show some kinda intent or overarching plot, I'd lose interest. If I follow a show that is predictable then it is of course that. I like a bit of both. Eg. Fringe had an overarching plot although the weeklies are predictable, same with Person of Interest, and the movie Whiplash, I thought it had set up the audience but the ending completely floored me. Like what's happening with Elementary and The Blacklist, I'm not seeing overarching plots or whatever they have are so weak I seldom look forward to them anymore.

Same with Mr Robot right now, it's not a must-watch. I know the premise is this kid being drawn into the hacker circle and they're trying to take down Evil Corp. Christian Slater seems to be playing up some kinda enigmatic leader. There is an asshole antagonist. But beyond that nothing really that amazing. Is this anti-capitalistic theme so groundbreaking and topical that it makes for riveting TV? What is it showing that we have not seen happen in real life or other movies? Even Batman had Bane taking down the stock exchange. Is it being presented in a different way? Is it treated differently? I'm not seeing it so far but it's only Ep 4

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...