X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Apple's Sept 9th Event

Cant' wait to see what's in stock with the new iPhones. Going to be tricky deciding between the 6S and 6S Plus.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • D.Williams
    Platinum Poster
    • Aug 2006

Re: Apple's Sept 9th Event

You know, ive been an iphone user sens the beginning, always iphone never android. This year i basicly was fed up with Apple staying behind the times and keeping there 16gig standard, keeping the same screen type/resolution. I made the switch to a Galaxy Note 5 and I am never looking back... I mean something as simple as folders that show way more icons so i dont have to swipe through pages. I also feel like the screen animations, and multitasking are all faster. I feel like apple was good at making me think they were the one and only best phone, when in reality this note 5 blows my iphone out of the water

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

I'm with you, Android certainly has it's pluses over Apple, but it's a two way street for both. A lot of apps that come out on Apple come very late or don't come on Android at all. Last but not least, you can't ignore the hype that is Apple. One of my fav features is face-time. It's incredible to be able to talk to your near and dear ones without 3rd party software hoping your family has the interest to install a similar one as well.
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

So the event is today? Any updates?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• D.Williams
          Platinum Poster
          • Aug 2006

I like the idea of the ipad pro but lets be real here apple, the reason your pushing to compete with the surface is that it runs a full OS.... Should have brought OS X to ipad pro.

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Is this the beginning of the end?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

Did you really feel so Ray? I thought the new phone is just about everything I was hoping in the next gen iPhone, better camera (I was so done with that 8 MP shooter), 4K video, faster processor. Funny how Apple strategically ignored to talk about battery life and dimensions.
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

I guess in this day and age it's hard to wow. Maybe this was the wrong event but it's mostly incremental upgrades. I have no use for the new features in Apple TV, my One Plus One with a custom Android rom is still very spiffy, they released an iPad Pro with keyboard and pen that competitors already have ...

A quick look at the Apple TV remote, while adequately designed, I'm not sure if the feature-creep/bloat is one that Jobs would've approved.

Basically there was nothing from the event that I would want to purchase. Gone is the luster and lust.

Maybe those features just don't appeal to me and I'm being out-evolved

I do like the look of the Hermes Apple Watch and found it funny that a fashion house simply elongated the proportions of the watch and it immediately looks so much more elegant vs Ive touting all their time with horologists and research into crafting the first Apple Watch release.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• dusk
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                  I guess in this day and age it's hard to wow. .
                  This!

I saw the event... and again.. was not impressed. That being said I LOVE iOS... soooooo fluid and beautiful... I have yet to see Android catch up!

Don't mind picking up the iPad Pro as a desktop replacement... but seriously they need to ditch 16gb versions... I mean wth apple
                  ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• dusk
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Here's a throwback - Pippin

~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• D.Williams
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Aug 2006

The iPad pro does start at 32 gig but it needs OS X imo

Comment

• ddr
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

ipad is still useless, no matter how many #'s are after it or if you call it a "Pro". agree with everyone else, needs full OS X; its a damn tablet Apple, not an enlarged phone with no phone capability. also, no USB still makes no sense. Nvidia's SHEILD tablet is pretty nice.. if you are a gamer of course.

i have been an iphone owner since the 2 and have been thinking about switching to an android also recently. i have another year on my contract so i will wait to see if the 7 gets better than the then-Samsung flavor... not really holding my breathe though.
                        "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

Taking the plunge on the 6s Plus
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• floridaorange
                            I'm merely a humble butler
                            • Dec 2005

Do you store a phone that big in your front pockets generally? I know this was discussed before but phones are even bigger now

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Kamal
                              Administrator
                              • May 2002

No I've stopped carrying phones in my pockets, I generally keep them in hand from my car to my desk / home and they sit at my desk all day. If my hands are full, I'll just slide them into my back pocket but that's very temporary.
                              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

Working...