X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Apple's Sept 9th Event

The consumption habit on a phone is so different these days.

I like the Plus size, can't go back once you try it. But that could be very much due to age too, it's just easier to read and do stuff. Perhaps if I go out partying a lot I'd find the size a hindrance. Back in the day I would have to carry a phone, wallet, and tobacco paraphernalia for roll-ups and a Plus size would've been a no-go for sure, especially on the dance floor.

I too slip it into my back pocket, have never liked carrying stuff in the front pockets regardless, don't like stuff rubbing on my thighs.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

Getting my 6S Plus today, excited
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Congrats!
        Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

I played with the 6S today, my sister has one... it wasn't much different from my 6 in terms of what I use it for. The camera did seem a bit better though and video too.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

I was really on the fence with the size of the 6S Plus. I have the Galaxy S6 which is a little bigger than the 6S and it's perfectly sized for my palm. But having used the 6S Plus for the last week, I've gotten over the size factor so fast, I'm finding it really useful using the screen real-estate for reading up on work emails, texting, YouTube, News, and not to mention the battery life. It's just downright amazing.

So glad I picked it up. I'm actually finding the Galaxy S6 a little small for my comfort now lol

Performance-wise, I did notice a big step from the 6 Plus, which I used for a couple of weeks and returned. Videos would constantly freeze and jitter when moving from portrait to landscape, which annoyed the heck out of me because it never happened to me on the 5S. I guess pushing all those pixels with the severely malnutritioned 1 GB ram seems to have been fixed (at least on the 6 S Plus) with the bump up to 2 GB ram.

The device is definitely well balanced and smooth as can be.

And definitely props to the camera and the slefie-screen-flash. I took a ton of photos with my daughter this weekend and it works well.

Live photos are a bit of a letdown, we're so used to putting the camera down after the picture is taken that nearly all of mine end with my video of my phone facing the floor.

Otherwise, I'm just happy to be back in Apple-camp and iMessage / Facetime with family.
            Last edited by Kamal; October 5, 2015, 03:58:58 PM.
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

I am definitely enjoying my 5.5 screen real estate and would not go back either. Face it K, we're getting old. The larger screen makes everything easier

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• D.Williams
                Platinum Poster
                • Aug 2006

My note 5 is a 5.7 screen and I could never go back smaller now lol... Mite grab the iphone 7 if new features way out.

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

Originally posted by feather
                  Face it K, we're getting old. The larger screen makes everything easier
                  That's what's making me nervous, although I still don't wear glasses, it's just the presentation and overall experience of how things are on the larger screen, which is something I tried and avoided for the longest time.
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• ddr
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                    Face it K, we're getting old. The larger screen makes everything easier
                    Originally posted by Kamal
                    That's what's making me nervous, although I still don't wear glasses [...]
                    just be sure to include a 'Senior Corner' thread in the revamp
                    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

staring at any small screen in front of your face for very long can't be good for our eyes long-term though

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...