X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Boston

I should be visiting Boston for the Apr 30 - May 2 weekend.

First time visiting, coming from NYC.

Any advice? Things to see, things to avoid?

We're generally fans of museums, gardens, quirky stuff, neighborhood stuff, farmer's markets.

The one thing we don't do are sports.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

Re: Boston

avoid boston unless you like sports and assholes and go to bed at 10pm

the ICA is kinda cool - it's on the waterfront icaboston.org sometimes it's got real weird stuff though

mt auburn cemetery in cambridge is nice for walking around

you can eat lunch at the top of the hub on weekdays for not too much money Top of The Hub and the food is average, i like the creme brulee there. the view is better than the food though

try to avoid the green line and just walk.

farmer's market + hippy shit + good food in inman square, walkable from central station in cambridge. maybe worth a stop if you're going out to harvard.

you could walk the freedom trail if you like old stuff

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
      avoid boston unless you like sports and assholes and go to bed at 10pm
      That's not reassuring at all!

But thanks for the tips!

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
          Cute! Too bad we can't make it for the monthly viewing at the observatory, we enjoyed going up to Griffith in LA.

Comment

Working...