X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Drones

So drones do provide good aerial photography for sports and other things like real estate and what not, etc etc... but to use them for fishing, or for invading the space of wild life just rubs me wrong. I keep seeing videos of whales or other marine life taken by drones and it makes me feel like we humans need to get back to valuing the privacy of each other and of wild life. Thoughts? Anyone else have a strong opinion about using drones to video wild animals, or for using them to catch fish?

It was fun while it lasted...
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Drones

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

On the other hand

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
        but to use them for fishing, or for invading the space of wild life just rubs me wrong.
        That would depend on the intrusiveness of the drones? Unless there's an army of them driving out the local fauna, the animals might not even notice or think the drones are some strange birds?

Comment

• D.Williams
          Platinum Poster
          • Aug 2006

You trolling Florida?

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by D.Williams
            You trolling Florida?
            More like drolling ... jk

All i know is that humans are meant to, sooner or later, destroy everything we touch.. Sometimes for specific and understandable needs, sometimes for weird and pointless needs.

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• floridaorange
              • Dec 2005

The view of Mt Fuji being desicrated by tiny electronic helicopters with lights and cameras on them, great.

Originally posted by D.Williams
              You trolling Florida?

No - I really hate the damn things. I guess I'm the only one thinking about what the future of drones is going to look like, as they become cheaper and cheaper. Would be great if its just a fad that goes away.

Comment

• Claire Taurus
                Banned
                • Jul 2014

Drones are good fun to shoot at with a 12 bore.

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

The view of Mt Fuji being desicrated by tiny electronic helicopters with lights and cameras on them, great.

I didn't see it that way, it was an aerial performance against the backdrop of Mt Fuji, almost like fireflies.

Besides they're not a permanent fixture so no view is blocked. In this case Mt Fuji was a prop just like a background for stage actors.

I think if you're looking for something to hate I suggest this:

Comment

• D.Williams
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Aug 2006

I understand us destroying animals habitats is a horrible way to invade there privacy, but using a drone to take pictures of animals to me is not a big deal at all. There are more pressing problems in this world than drones

Comment

• floridaorange
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by feather
                      I think if you're looking for something to hate I suggest this:
                      I'm not looking for it, the fish being caught by a drone popped up on social media and found me. Just as the countless videos of wales and other sea creatures being "caught on camera" while living their lives have.

Those hoverboards dont bother me, I don't see them very often, if ever. Just a gimmicky toy for parents and kids to waste their money on. A way of someone going from a computer chair to wheels without having to raise their heart rate to do anything .

Comment

• Jenks
                        I'm kind of a big deal.
                        • Jun 2004

I'm not looking for it, the fish being caught by a drone popped up on social media and found me. Just as the countless videos of wales and other sea creatures being "caught on camera" while living their lives have.

Those hoverboards dont bother me, I don't see them very often, if ever. Just a gimmicky toy for parents and kids to waste their money on. A way of someone going from a computer chair to wheels without having to raise their heart rate to do anything .
                        I caught a 110lb white marlin in Cabo a few years ago, and actually heading back down to go fishing again this weekend. I used traditional fishing gear. Is your problem the death of the animal, or the way it was caught? Is a ship using fish finding radar devices and dragging a net to catch them so you can buy fish at the market really any different? There's no sport in that either. If that rubs you the wrong way also, you should probably stop eating fish, maybe just stop eating all together.

That marlin was fucking delicious btw.

Comment

• floridaorange
                          • Dec 2005

^nah none of that actually. I just dont like seeing drone videos of wild animals mostly, but I also think a drone carrying bate out to catch fish is stupid too.

Comment

• ddr
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

humans just suck in general, dont know how else to word it.

but seriously, why do you care so much? i tend to think that the majority of our worries and paranoia's that we work ourselves up about just do not fucking matter in the grand scheme of things. live your single one life, however short lived it may be, to the best of your ability and spread love; as that will be an individuals legacy.
                            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• floridaorange
                              • Dec 2005

right on ddr

Comment

Working...