X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

The Economy

What are your thoughts on the economic recovery sense 2008? My opinion and I think for many is that things have gotten better, housing market is up, but... things still seem slow and very uncertain. Anyway, given that we all work in different industries I was curious how others think things are going this year and how they see the economy recovering where they live? My wife's company is booming but it's because tourism has and should remain steady in Orlando...whereas I am freelance, I am doing well, but could always be better.
    Last edited by floridaorange; August 28, 2016, 08:50:25 PM.

It was fun while it lasted...
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2013

Re: The Economy

The 2008 crash has given many companies the opportunity to totally exploit their work force. I see workers getting paid 25% less for doing jobs, than they did before the crash. The company I work for has been on a very aggressive form of labour cost reduction in the last eight years. Should we have bailed the banks out? No fucking way

Comment

• floridaorange
      • Dec 2005

Agreed completely - hope things improve quickly

Comment

• sakio pod
        SALAD TOSSER
        • Jun 2004

still printing bills 1000's daily...tell me how much is that 20 worth in your wallet,

I make jokes saying monopoly money has more value. you can only print so much until it collaplses....

look at hungary just banned any type of rothchild banking system into there country....rock on....I can see some staged terror plots coming their way soon. kick them mother fers out!!!!

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Feb 2009

Musical notes: Very true.. in addition, i truly believe banks and all that intangible money is the best way human beings found to fulfill our unlimited greed.. no one seems to have the determination to change that in the near future.

Sakio Pod: Valid point too.. in addition, i would say if you are US printing money, you are safe as long you have credibility and if you dont have it, you must have enough force to "convince" (if you know what i mean) the rest of the world.. imo, US still has some credibility but most important, has a lot of resources to still assure his economy.. Argentina is not an example of anything, but just for you to know.. Our highest bill today worths US32 and because we have a little more credibility now.. a few months back, our highest bill worth incredible less than US7 .... Can you even imagine something like that?

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• max420
            Addiction started
            • Jul 2007

Yeah the new green 500 peso note does make life easier if you prefer to use cash instead of plastic in Argentina but the exchange rate has still gone through the floor by at least 20% in between now and the end of last year. You could get 25 peso to 1 US$ blue dollar rate at that good cambio on Lavalle recently.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by max420
              Yeah the new green 500 peso note does make life easier if you prefer to use cash instead of plastic in Argentina but the exchange rate has still gone through the floor by at least 20% in between now and the end of last year. You could get 25 peso to 1 US$ blue dollar rate at that good cambio on Lavalle recently.
              Thatīs was tiny part of the whole thing and you are in a tiny part, kinda right.. specially from a tourist point of view.

For instance, official dollar at that time was something nearly 1US$ = 10 pesos and only a few companies (big ones and specially those who shared interest with people from the goverment and not for doing things right precisely) were able to get official dollars.. That means not only a billons dollar business (and certainly illegal) just selling official dollars on the "blue - black" market or whatever you want to call it.. Another business for only those few, import products / services at official dollar value because the goverment deliberately give dollars to them and then selling them in the internal market but @ "blue prices".

When you are poor and you donīt have access to buy any kind of dollars and you only are concerned for your basic needs (like literally 90% if not more of the argentinians), nothing more unfair that paying all things based on a $25 = 1US$ value when the already big companies and those who has common interest with corrupt people of the goverment can access to, at that moment, fictitious official value of $10 = US$1.

Basically, two or more types values of your own money in dollars not only are an exception in the rest of the world but haul a whole battery of internal problems (inflation and lack of credibility just to name a few) that in the end of the day, makes the rich richer and the poor poorer...

Mix this already complex plot of unclear economy rules with corrupt people, companies and add calculated crazy nationalistic propaganda with subsidy for those in truly need just to keep them sedated and boom, you have neo fascist populism... a fucking cancer really difficult to root out.

Welcome to southamerica.

Comment

• max420
                Addiction started
                • Jul 2007

This table illustrates what is really wrong with the Argentine economy and that is the rampant corruption that has led to the worlds highest growth in the concentration of wealth in the top 1% of the population since 2007.
                Attached Files

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Feb 2009

Corruption and greed are the mother of all problems in this world... Both are human beings capabilities.. Again, humans.. Just in case, there are more or less 8 billion species in this planet.

Say no more.

Comment

• floridaorange
                    • Dec 2005

This table illustrates what is really wrong with the Argentine economy and that is the rampant corruption that has led to the worlds highest growth in the concentration of wealth in the top 1% of the population since 2007.
                    That table is in alphabetical order not in order of highest to lowest.

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

That means you have to read it.

I'm surprised Australia hasn't moved much at all .
                      Originally posted by TheVrk
                      it IS incredible isn't it??
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
                        Thatīs was tiny part of the whole thing and you are in a tiny part, kinda right.. specially from a tourist point of view.

For instance, official dollar at that time was something nearly 1US$ = 10 pesos and only a few companies (big ones and specially those who shared interest with people from the goverment and not for doing things right precisely) were able to get official dollars.. That means not only a billons dollar business (and certainly illegal) just selling official dollars on the "blue - black" market or whatever you want to call it.. Another business for only those few, import products / services at official dollar value because the goverment deliberately give dollars to them and then selling them in the internal market but @ "blue prices".

When you are poor and you donīt have access to buy any kind of dollars and you only are concerned for your basic needs (like literally 90% if not more of the argentinians), nothing more unfair that paying all things based on a $25 = 1US$ value when the already big companies and those who has common interest with corrupt people of the goverment can access to, at that moment, fictitious official value of $10 = US$1.

Basically, two or more types values of your own money in dollars not only are an exception in the rest of the world but haul a whole battery of internal problems (inflation and lack of credibility just to name a few) that in the end of the day, makes the rich richer and the poor poorer...

Mix this already complex plot of unclear economy rules with corrupt people, companies and add calculated crazy nationalistic propaganda with subsidy for those in truly need just to keep them sedated and boom, you have neo fascist populism... a fucking cancer really difficult to root out.

Welcome to southamerica.
                        I'm amazed how much your peso has decreased against the Australian dollar since I was there. I shouldn't say this but this makes my dream of actually living there for a short time more realistic.
                        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Feb 2009

Did you watch Trump the other day asking for less taxes for companies (including of course big ones)?

Looks like 1% concentrating 99% wealth is not enough

Not saying he is wrong in the practice because the world is so fucked up, but what amazes me the most is the fact he is saying that frontly to his voters who by this point (most of them) should be disgusted of filthy rich companies, banks and executives.. If he wins, American people will get what they deserve. Only the mere fact that he is in this current position is quite sad already.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
                            I'm amazed how much your peso has decreased against the Australian dollar since I was there. I shouldn't say this but this makes my dream of actually living there for a short time more realistic.
                            Argentina is a beautiful country.. you will be more than welcome

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
                              Did you watch Trump the other day asking for less taxes for companies (including of course big ones)?

Looks like 1% concentrating 99% wealth is not enough

Not saying he is wrong in the practice because the world is so fucked up, but what amazes me the most is the fact he is saying that frontly to his voters who by this point (most of them) should be disgusted of filthy rich companies, banks and executives.. If he wins, American people will get what they deserve. Only the mere fact that he is in this current position is quite sad already.
                              Our government here wants to do the same thing , it's just the very tired and ineffectual "trickle down" theory .

Thank you

Comment

Working...