Burning Man stage White Ocean sabotaged by 'hooligans' in attack on 'parasite class'

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • max420
    Addiction started
    • Jul 2007

Burning Man stage White Ocean sabotaged by 'hooligans' in attack on 'parasite class'

An exclusive venue at Nevada's annual Burning Man festival is sabotaged by festival-goers angry at the perceived "elitism" of the camp.
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Burning Man stage White Ocean sabotaged by 'hooligans' in attack on 'parasite cla

Interesting !
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• jay813
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2005

Re: Burning Man stage White Ocean sabotaged by 'hooligans' in attack on 'parasite cla

the end of burning man?

I'm thinking they just need to relocate a little farther from silicon valley, maybe some place in Montana.

Its on my bucket list of things to do but im hoping it wont die out before i get that chance.

Comment

• Claire Taurus
        Banned
        • Jul 2014

Nah. It would not matter where they relocated to. I have to admit, if I went I would probably White Ocean it. The idea of travelling half way around the world, then sorting yourself out with a mobile home, sorting food, water and supplies, then driving into the desert for 9 days sounds like a real ball ache. I like a bit more luxury.

The purists are no different than people who were into a band before they got famous. They spend years saying this banned should be bigger, then when the band make it big. They piss and moan about the new fans jumping on the bandwagon and how the band aren't what they were!

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Claire Taurus
          Nah. It would not matter where they relocated to. I have to admit, if I went I would probably White Ocean it. The idea of travelling half way around the world, then sorting yourself out with a mobile home, sorting food, water and supplies, then driving into the desert for 9 days sounds like a real ball ache. I like a bit more luxury.

The purists are no different than people who were into a band before they got famous. They spend years saying this banned should be bigger, then when the band make it big. They piss and moan about the new fans jumping on the bandwagon and how the band aren't what they were!
          Agree with everything you said here I have a feeling Burning Man would be what you want it to be.
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

$350+ for just a ticket is a bit much IMO. it was on my list but im afraid im too old to enjoy this shit anymore.

much prefer my fostex 900 headphones/dac/amp, a good beer, in the comfort of my own home. call me lazy, whatever.
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Claire Taurus
              Banned
              • Jul 2014

Most feastival sin the Uk are mega money now. Glastonbury is £225 + booking, Creamfields and Reading are similar. Some have pay in instalment plans. I don't struggle financially, but I do wonder how kids afford them.

Comment

• Claire Taurus
                Banned
                • Jul 2014

Comment

• chuckc
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

so why is white ocean camp so much more luxurious....what amenities do they have??

Comment

• trick12
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jul 2007

i mean being in a festival dancing to jamie jones with paris hilton and pdiddy next u isnt that legit afterall....its not that special anymore
                    Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• trick12
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jul 2007

i would have loved to see katy perry tho, like i would have shud her how true desert people live, no segways involved
                      Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by trick12
                        i mean being in a festival dancing to jamie jones with paris hilton and pdiddy next u isnt that legit afterall....its not that special anymore
                        I would rather that than dancing with the yardies, scallies, or the crips.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by trick12
                          i would have loved to see katy perry tho, like i would have shud her how true desert people live, no segways involved
                          True desert people just makes it sound elitist. You could say the same thing about people attending KU in Ibiza with the celebrities that were there.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Feb 2009

The one photo that will make you want to avoid Burning Man

Not gonna say going to Burning Man never crossed my mind before as it looks like one of those festivals you might enjoy but look at those traffic jams pictures..

I'd be in a bad mood on the trip going there (even with the excitation) .. I do not even want to think about returning home! I would cut my veins off and fight with everyone..

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ddr

much prefer my fostex 900 headphones/dac/amp, a good beer, in the comfort of my own home. call me lazy, whatever.

Not lazy, just kind of old .. Even more if you did your thing in the past.

i´m totally with you btw

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

Working...