• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • go0gle
    Platinum Poster
    • Jan 2007

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

I know its way early, but damn.

Denis Villeneuve. Roger Deakins. Jóhann Jóhannsson.

• el presidente Highsteppa
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Villeneuve will be the reason to see this - he's been on a wicked hot streak with Sicario and Arrival.
    Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Dare we hope?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
        Platinum Poster
        • May 2008

Re:

Can't wait!

Comment

Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

Did anyone go see this?

While I do really like the movie and really enjoyed the vision of 2049 Los Angeles, it didn't really feel like it was the sequel that needed to be made. I mean, it's a nice epilogue, but I'm not sure if it "added" a whole lot to the first movie's mythology. Other than showing that as bad as things could be in the first movie (Global Warming causing constant rain in Los Angeles, the line between human and their creations blurring more and more), they got a whole lot worse 30 years later. We get to see Rick Deckard again (but not until the last 45 minutes - out of a running time that exceeds two and a half hours), but it feels more like an extended cameo than it does part of the Blade Runner story.

Don't get me wrong, this movie is beautiful to look at and hypnotic to experience - but I have to admit that it's far more a movie doing fan service than expanding the Blade Runner universe and making it more accessible. It feels and looks as much of a landmark movie in the sense of set design and the depiction of Los Angeles in 2049 as it did the first. The look of this film is completely unique and while the soundtrack never really electrifies the way Vangelis' did, the violent, crashing score of Hans Zimmer and Benjamin Wallfisch does make an impression, if maybe a bit heavy handed.

The blu ray release also features three short stories by three different directors (one of the shorts is an anime) - bridging three key events that tie the first movie to the sequel and fills in some of the oblique references that are mentioned (ie. The Blackout - an event mentionned in passing a few times). You can also see the shorts on Youtube.

It's a beautiful, gorgeously catastrophic vision of the future, but I'm not sure how much people other than the fans would enjoy it, or maybe not find it as spellbinding.
          Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

Comment

• REDROCK
            Gold Gabber
            • Feb 2015

2 words - Roger Deakins

I didn't see the 1st BR, so I didn't have much to compare - I have been meaning to see it. Really enjoyed 2049 though.
            Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

• GregWhelan
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

I haven't seen the original movie, and to be honest I'm not a massive movie fan, especially Hollywood blockbusters (have never seen the Star Wars movies, any Marvel movie, any Harry Potter film) but I really enjoyed this. It was mesmerising to look at the scenery, and the soundtrack was great too. Maybe a bit too long but it was definitely something I'd watch again

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
                Did anyone go see this?

While I do really like the movie and really enjoyed the vision of 2049 Los Angeles, it didn't really feel like it was the sequel that needed to be made. I mean, it's a nice epilogue, but I'm not sure if it "added" a whole lot to the first movie's mythology. Other than showing that as bad as things could be in the first movie (Global Warming causing constant rain in Los Angeles, the line between human and their creations blurring more and more), they got a whole lot worse 30 years later. We get to see Rick Deckard again (but not until the last 45 minutes - out of a running time that exceeds two and a half hours), but it feels more like an extended cameo than it does part of the Blade Runner story.

Don't get me wrong, this movie is beautiful to look at and hypnotic to experience - but I have to admit that it's far more a movie doing fan service than expanding the Blade Runner universe and making it more accessible. It feels and looks as much of a landmark movie in the sense of set design and the depiction of Los Angeles in 2049 as it did the first. The look of this film is completely unique and while the soundtrack never really electrifies the way Vangelis' did, the violent, crashing score of Hans Zimmer and Benjamin Wallfisch does make an impression, if maybe a bit heavy handed.

The blu ray release also features three short stories by three different directors (one of the shorts is an anime) - bridging three key events that tie the first movie to the sequel and fills in some of the oblique references that are mentioned (ie. The Blackout - an event mentionned in passing a few times). You can also see the shorts on Youtube.

It's a beautiful, gorgeously catastrophic vision of the future, but I'm not sure how much people other than the fans would enjoy it, or maybe not find it as spellbinding.
                Agreed, didn't bring anything new to the table. It seems to be setting up for a rebellion in Pt 3. We'll never see that now I suppose. Maybe the next time Blade Runner comes about, it'll be a reboot.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by REDROCK
                  2 words - Roger Deakins

I didn't see the 1st BR, so I didn't have much to compare - I have been meaning to see it. Really enjoyed 2049 though.
                  With Dennis Villeneuve directing and Roger Deakins doing the cinematography - they're an unbeatable combo. I loved Sicario and Arrival, they really compliment each other extremely well.

Comment

• REDROCK
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Feb 2015

sicario was a big disappointment to me for some reason
                    Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

Working...