X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Fear the end is near...

As all good things come to an end, I fear [ms] has lived its life.

The webhosting is hemorrhaging funds and I dont know if [ms] will be alive beyond a couple of months. If some miracle happens in the interim, we may survive it but with a lot of things going on in my life personally, I don't have the time to dedicate to either anymore.

All I can say is thank you to those made this place what it used to be. It's been a fun ride.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • sbando
    Going back to Romford
    • Apr 2008

Re: Fear the end is near...

Too bad. It's been a fantastic time.
    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
    ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• GarryX
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Apr 2006

Would be a damn shame....anything we can do kamal?

Comment

• diegoff
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

sad news.
        I had a great time here
        It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
        Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
        May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Feb 2009

It's sad but seems like is not bad timing to end with MS, at least the way it is now... Thanks for the good times if the time comes

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• Claire Taurus
            Banned
            • Jul 2014

Where will I go to get my regular updates on Pizzagate?

Comment

• Gatz
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Funny how things work sometimes.

When we stared we were a bunch of people with no dj sets to share, now we have a bunch of dj sets with no people to share with.

Thank you [ms]

Comment

• GarryX
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Apr 2006

The people will always be here, maybe not in the same numbers I suppose.

Still a lot of value to be had from [ms] and I'd hate to see it disappear from my "favourites" list.

The music you find here is the cream of what's out there imo, not to mention the start of Danny's back catalogue that chunky is supplying us with.

If this place goes, what's the alternative?

Comment

• Claire Taurus
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by GarryX

If this place goes, what's the alternative?
                  There's not much. InTheMix, http://www.bobjuice.co.uk/ ,TranceAddcit, Mixesdb. But generally forums are fucked.

Comment

• ddr
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

^ agreed.. we definitely need an alternative if MS is to be done. sad day
                    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

Originally posted by GarryX
                      .anything we can do kamal?
                      It's all $ and cents. Some of the largest paying clients on the hosting have left cause peeps don't have the disposable income they used to. Folks growing up, starting families, etc.....the game's just not what it used to be.
                      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                      Originally posted by ace_dl
                      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

Sorry to hear that Kamal
                        Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• MJ
                          Here since 2002
                          • Jun 2004

When I was young my whole life revolved around music, nights out with friends and posting on this here site. I'd travel far and wide to feed my appetite for the repetitive beat, sometimes staying awake for 2 or 3 days traveling between different cities just to get my fix. My love of music was insatiable. Music, music music, was there anything else?

I flew to Miami on my own to spend a week with people from this board whom, apart from the thousands of posts and the odd phone call, I didn't really know. For 7 days we partied, for 7 days I had the time of my life. I still have very fond and vivid memories of every single person I met that week and from time to time I dig out the Jibbed, Pickled and Mullered in Miami thread just to put a smile on my face.

I'd like to think that I gave back to this site as much as I took out of the 10 years I was a regular. Some of you may know that I used to produce the jingles that Tom would layer over the sets that were available. My happiest moment has to be Mr Digweed himself playing a set on his show and my West Yorkshire vocal tones popped up several times throughout. If only he knew who it was when I was stood next to him in the bathroom one Bedrock night in London.

Many people have put an awful lot of time, effort and money into MS and it would be a very sad day when and if this place is assigned to the dungeons of the cyber world scrap heap. Non less so than Tom and Kamal. I worked behind the scenes with those two for a long time and and I can tell you first hand that their commitment and dedication was and still is inspiring. Hats off to you guys.

But now we've grown up, now we have lives that don't include getting ready at 6 o'clock to drive 100 miles to see our favourite dj and then spend the next few days recovering. Now we look forward to eating out with the wives and getting up early on a Sunday morning to go watch our young kids play football for their local team. Our spare time is filled with helping our children with their homework instead of posting on message boards.

The love of the music has changed but the love for the music is still there.

I couldn't possibly thank everyone by name I have had conversations with here so I'll say this. You know who you are, both those that are still with us, and those that are not. Thank you.

Long live [MS]

MJ
                          mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• tiddles
                            Encryption, Jr.
                            • Jun 2004

nooooooooooooo

what are the monthly costs? $xx or $xxx?

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Before you pull the plug, tell us what we can do and options for downsizing.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...