X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckc
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

The "Live In" Series

Digweed seems to be doing well releasing these live set cds. I cant even count how many he has released so far....

My question is why aren't any other djs who we love coming out with similar live set releases??

for example I would be very interested to buy and hear:
    Hernan Cattaneo - Live in
    Hernan and Nick Warren B2B - LIve in
    Hernan and Guy J B2B - LIve in
    Martin Garcia - Live in Argentina LOL.
    Lee Burridge - Live in

the list could go on and on.........
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2013

Re: The "Live In" Series

Because most people don't buy them anymore. Most DJ's post a few live sets a year, without the hassle of licensing tracks and distribution etc. The Cd market is dead.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
      Because most people don't buy them anymore. Most DJ's post a few live sets a year, without the hassle of licensing tracks and distribution etc. The Cd market is dead.
      You are probably right but looks like at least for Digweed that format still works?

It would be awesome if other big names come out with that but i can see why they dont... Such a pitty.

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by AchtungBaby!
        You are probably right but looks like at least for Digweed that format still works?

It would be awesome if other big names come out with that but i can see why they dont... Such a pitty.
        Yeah. He sells them cheap and they usually have 3 to 4 discs. People don't cane the arse out of Cd's like they used too.

I reckon most of my cd's from the 90's got played a lot more than anything after. These days most get a few plays and that's it.

Comment

• chuckc
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

yeah but the whole "LIve In" Series gets released as digital also and you get all the individual tracks too...

so it doesnt have to do with cds does it ?

i am sure he sells a boatload of them on beatport amazon and itunes ect... cds are an add on for us old farts

just sayin would be nice if at least Hernan would try it out.

he has enough fan base. he always saying how hard it is making a 2cd compilation...release a full lives set instead!!

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

i have said this before.. this series are the only CD's i buy anymore. it's all about the packaging IMO.. right when i receive them, i burn them to my computer for mobile use and store the physical copies.
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• chuckc
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Lol that is exactly what i do. I extract flac and copy them onto my sony hd digital player. Away goes cd in storage

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

There is also the issue that they really can't ever really sound as good as they do in a great club.
                Originally posted by TheVrk
                it IS incredible isn't it??
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• GregWhelan
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

Agree with the original post - would be interested if other DJ's released sets in a similar format. For me, I just prefer the CD format. The tracks are split (so it isn't just one long file), the packaging is very good, they are something tangible that I can come back to.

Comment

• Homegrove
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Really doubt Digweed's making any money out of those either considering how cheap they are moneywise, I think he just uses them as promotional tools too. Love them anyway, always a few days of eager anticipation before one drops. Much more so than if he'd just slap a live mix on Soundcloud.
                    Forward thinking house music

Comment

• diegoff
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

I buy CDs, and I really like his editions. The boxes are nice and well done, so that adds a lot compared to a regular cd.
                      I donīt know if it is a great business to him. I bought live in brooklyn for 13 pounds at a record store, and any other single cds were10-12 pounds
                      Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                      Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                      May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• threehills
                        I heart Lollergirl
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by ddr
                        i have said this before.. this series are the only CD's i buy anymore. it's all about the packaging IMO.. right when i receive them, i burn them to my computer for mobile use and store the physical copies.
                        For the cost of the CD's you can get them all on google music without the hassle uploading, plus a bajillion other songs.
                        It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

Working...