Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2009

Star Trek Discovery (Netflix)

really looking forward to this!
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: Star Trek Discovery (Netflix)

As a Trekkie I'm cautious about this, but better than no Star Trek at all.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• klangfabrik
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2009

i really like it so far. its very different from the old shows, but still star trek "inside" imo.
      anyone else watching it?

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Here, following it. I'm a huge TNG fan and like I said before I'll watch anything Star Trek.

Wasn't a fan of the first two episode, bit of a bait and switch I think, after all the fuss the internet made over Yeoh's casting and her native accent.

But after tearing ep 1 & 2 apart with my friend, I'm turned around by ep 3!

Very different Star Tek as you said, but there's still some of that DNA in there. I've never seen Star Trek on a war footing, previous series had a few episodes of altercations but nothing like Discovery.

Liking Captain Lorca, he looks like a darker, more pragmatic Picard. Still not crazy about Burnham, she seems to have gone "full human" now after her still Vulcan temperament in ep 1 & 2. Not crazy about her roommate either.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DjLellone
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Aug 2009

The worst show i saw in years...
          DjLellone's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• klangfabrik
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2009

EP 6 was great. i like it so far. way better than ENT as well

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

I'm back in this thread with Chrome!

Discovery = Game of Thrones in space. Poor Klingons propped up as the crazy nationalists.

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Feels like every Star Trek and Doctor Who series has a Groundhog Day episode without fail.

Comment

• Donny Concrete
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Sep 2006

I do like this but the Orville seems more like a Star Trek series to me.
                  Even a man who is pure in heart And says his prayers each night, may become a wolf when the wolf-bane blooms and the moon is full and bright.

Comment

Working...