• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael^Heaven
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Re: I felt a great disturbance in the Force

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    When my Mac Mini packed up last year I backed all of the important sets up on a seconded hard drive. But the more obscure stuff may be lost. I will get the HD sorted next week. I'm thinking of getting a Mac Time Capsule to use as a second back up. By the time everything is sorted I will have shelled out £1200. But there are some things you can't live without.
    Whoa! I thought that I was the very few with a Mac Mini. Loving it. What's your memory capacity? I'm at 1TB.

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2008

Re:

Also, I would never depend on one or even two sources to save all of my digital files. Just saying if you have a lot of them.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Nov 2013

29 files corrupt out of 20,000. Lucky most were Danny Howells sets and a few Last Night On Earth. The Howells sets were backed up 3 times over. This experience will still cost me £1000. Just lucky I'm not hard up.

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2008

Re:

I know that it's more effort but burn the sets on disc & save your memory for tracks, IMO.

Comment

• thebanned1
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • May 2009

i know you're not going to listen to me but trust me this is good advice... may i suggest a Amazon.co.uk: blu ray burner, you can fit 23.3 GB of data on one disc at a time, the discs can be a bit expensive but it will save you a fortune in the long run

edit : can't actually believe that in this day and age people don't back up their shit 2 or 3 times over
            How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• Michael^Heaven
              Platinum Poster
              • May 2008

Re:

Curious. Why concerned? 23.3GB of data equals 0.0233 of TB storage. So, it's all golden.

Comment

• thebanned1
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • May 2009

Re:

Originally posted by Michael^Heaven
                Curious. Why concerned? 23.3GB of data equals 0.0233 of TB storage. So, it's all golden.

i was referring to chris not you
                How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• jay813
                  Platinum Poster
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by ddr
                  just when i thought i wasnt going to buy anything the rest of the year, you do this. might need to seriously look into this..
                  its worth it! its where i trust my personal documents, family photos and of course my music and movies since the NAS run the plex app- can stream anywhere you have an internet connection.

now all i have to do is worry about some kind of off site backup in case my house goes up in flames or flooded or zapped by a lightning storm and fries the unit.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Nov 2013

My heart really sank when I went back to my old old hard drive and I realised that there would be lots of stuff missing (everything from 2011 onwards). But not only that. lots of the sets that I had edited and joined over the years, would also be missing. Fortunately out of 19,000 files only 24 were corrupt. I got them all back today on a new hard drive, which I am backing up right now. All in all this has cost me £850. It's a good job that I am not hard up. LOL

Comment

Working...