X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: All about Buenos Aires !!

He is on my list but he only seems to advertise his gigs on the day. I really like to be able to plan a little
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• udolph
      Gold Gabber
      • Nov 2009

I agree with almost everything the guys said, but to make the long story short.
      Don't worry so much, we are probably the safer "big city" in South America among Santiago and Montevideo.

About money you won't have any issues, as somebody said, you can exchange in any bank, but my advice is just to do it in the airport when you arrive, since they have the best rates and the fluctuation of the currency it's not so dramatic.

I would choose Palermo to stay and just take the bus/cab/uber to San Telmo in the day time if you are into antiques, just the oposite to the plan you have. Palermo is a nicer place by day and night and closer to everything.

And lastly, you can just avoid the cabs, and use Uber that works like a charm here...

best of luck
      "The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Hoff

my humble opinion,
        and I know what you like

try to go to martin in every place he´s playing, fckin far dj for dance inside those shadows

Some wise words there..

Martin does not kinda fit on younger clubbers (not sure why really) but he is always a deal.

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

^^^ That's sounds really good to me . !!

Originally posted by udolph
          I agree with almost everything the guys said, but to make the long story short.
          Don't worry so much, we are probably the safer "big city" in South America among Santiago and Montevideo.

About money you won't have any issues, as somebody said, you can exchange in any bank, but my advice is just to do it in the airport when you arrive, since they have the best rates and the fluctuation of the currency it's not so dramatic.

I would choose Palermo to stay and just take the bus/cab/uber to San Telmo in the day time if you are into antiques, just the oposite to the plan you have. Palermo is a nicer place by day and night and closer to everything.

And lastly, you can just avoid the cabs, and use Uber that works like a charm here...

best of luck
          Thank you!!! I have already booked San Telmo , but what do you mean closer to everything.?? What is everything. ??? I really like that San Telmo is old !!

Btw. Couldn't agree more on your avatar.
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• udolph
            Gold Gabber
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
            ...what do you mean closer to everything.?? What is everything. ??? I really like that San Telmo is old !! ...
            I mean the pretty places, avenues to walk, the subway, The Zoo, The Botanic garden, The Palermo lake, Los Rosedales, Costanera Norte (river), etc, also convenient if you go to places like The Bow or the best open air parties in the river like Rio Electronic and PM.

I personally don't like San Telmo, it's dirtier and between La Boca and San Cristobal (even more ugly and dirtier), it's true that it's a turistic area with many museums and all that, but nothing to do with the woods and the streets of Palermo, at least for me. Of course if you made a research and feel comfortable with the vibe go ahead, maybe if you come just for some weeks you could enjoy the experience of being a turist in that area of the south of the city, but I prefer the center and the north

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

^^^Firstly thank you again for mentioning some more good things to do. I thought the Zoo had been closed down. ?? I like all those things you say, well except daytime parties , and there is nothing to stop me from doing them , in fact I will be Palmero isn't that far from San Telmo. But Melbourne has most of those things in abundance. I live walking distance from an amazing botanical gardens , also walking distance from a lovely lake in, fact my gym is on that lake. It sounds as though Palmero is not unlike where I live now. The history ofAustralia and Argentina was very similar at one stage. I want to know more. From what I have researched so far, San Telmo will give me more of that history.

The Lake , My Gym is where the blue doors are .

Botanical Gardens one Entrance

One of the special parts of the Gardens

This has special memories , the top of that tall building in the background, Eureka Tower , is where Hernan played in 2009

Hope you get to see Melbourne one day !!

Comment

• udolph
                Gold Gabber
                • Nov 2009

beautiful place!
                you are right, similar history and same weather with AU because of the location in the map and good wines alike .
                I guess you will be fine in San Telmo, I mean I feel Palermo safer, nicer and closer to all what I like for everyday, but just 5km distance one of each other so, no rush.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

5 K ? That means Palermo is walking distance. That happens to be how far around that lake is and I walk it often. The walk to Palermo will be my substitute for my lake. Haven't tried your wines , although I have heard of them I very rarely drink but I will have to at least try your wines. I'm going to have fun !!

Comment

• udolph
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Nov 2009

5 K ? That means Palermo is walking distance. That happens to be how far around that lake is and I walk it often. The walk to Palermo will be my substitute for my lake. Haven't tried your wines , although I have heard of them I very rarely drink but I will have to at least try your wines. I'm going to have fun !!
                    To be exact, just to give you two references from the market of San Telmo to the MALBA museum in the core of Palermo there are 6.5km, but Palermo is the biggest neighberhood of the city though, depending on the spot could be more or less, but you have 7km average. I think it's a long distance to walk it more than once but not impossible.

Comment

• diegoff
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

(thaks for the pics, it looks beautiful)
                      It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                      Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                      May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Feb 2009

More than 5K but anyway you can enjoy a walk all the way from San Telmo / Recoleta to Palermo through Av del Libertador.. according to google: (8.3 km) por Av. del Libertador

Wines.. Of course try Malbec which is the best stuff here .. Malbec in other countries is ridiculously expensive (if you can even get one) and fairly worse

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Feb 2009

^^^Firstly thank you again for mentioning some more good things to do. I thought the Zoo had been closed down. ?? I like all those things you say, well except daytime parties , and there is nothing to stop me from doing them , in fact I will be Palmero isn't that far from San Telmo. But Melbourne has most of those things in abundance. I live walking distance from an amazing botanical gardens , also walking distance from a lovely lake in, fact my gym is on that lake. It sounds as though Palmero is not unlike where I live now. The history ofAustralia and Argentina was very similar at one stage. I want to know more. From what I have researched so far, San Telmo will give me more of that history.

The Lake , My Gym is where the blue doors are .

Botanical Gardens one Entrance

One of the special parts of the Gardens

This has special memories , the top of that tall building in the background, Eureka Tower , is where Hernan played in 2009

Hope you get to see Melbourne one day !!
                          btw these pics are amazing ! Check out these from Puerto Madero:

puerto madero buenos aires - Google Search

You´ll feel like home

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

^^ Opened that link and went "Holy shit"

I'm sad it's a bad idea to bring a camera.

Comment

• Ghizy
                              Getting warmed up
                              • Jan 2017

Constitución and San Telmo are the most unsafe places for me (inside Capital)

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

Where is the wall with Hernan's face on it ??

Comment

Working...