X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Smartwatch

I am thinking about getting a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier or maybe waiting until the S4... any other Android (i have a Galaxy S7 Edge phone) recommendations or reviews?

Recovering Apple fanboy here
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Smartwatch

Android wear is the ONE platform I haven't messed with yet. But Sammy's Gear watches have moved on from Android Wear to Tizen and I read an article that said Tizen is actually overtaking Android Wear in terms of Gear watch sales.

I bought the new Fitbit Ionic, loved it, got an Apple Watch 3 as a present for Christmas which I am loving even more (far more apps and features). My brother got the Gear S3 and is absolutely in love with it. Can't personally comment on it but hearing good things about Tizen.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• ddr
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

leaning towards the Gear Sport actually..

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

I like the idea of a smartwatch but haven't seen anything appealing to me yet.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

I'm not usually an early adapter of tech, just from work experience, but I was given an Apple iwatch and it's actually been pretty helpful and has made a pretty good impact on my life daily (reminding me to keep active - the fitbit side of things mostly) - also has a nice feature as acting as a remote for the music stored on my phone.

I know you said you're in Apple recovery, but what was the reason why? Is it the phone? Or something else?
          Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
            also has a nice feature as acting as a remote for the music stored on my phone.
            This is what sold me on the Apple Watch, the ability to flip through music without fumbling to find my phone, especially when i'm driving. That and being able to locate our phone when you've absent mindedly left it somewhere - just summon it from the watch.
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
            Originally posted by ace_dl
            Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
              I know you said you're in Apple recovery, but what was the reason why? Is it the phone? Or something else?
              i had an iPhone from the 2 all the way up through the 7 and then switched to the Galaxy S7 Edge last year. after moving over, the freedom and extras you get when comparing Google OS to iOS is such a huge difference. i also built a new Windows gaming machine so i dont use my macbook pro at all anymore...

apple's watch does look good, and i would probably get it if i had an iphone but since i dont..

Comment

Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

lol, yeah, completely understandable. I'm still with an iPhone myself, but have been considering jumping ship. That was up until I was gifted with the watch.
                Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

Comment

Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                  This is what sold me on the Apple Watch, the ability to flip through music without fumbling to find my phone, especially when i'm driving. That and being able to locate our phone when you've absent mindedly left it somewhere - just summon it from the watch.
                  The remote function is a godsend. Especially in the gym - with a decent set of bluetooth headphones you don't even need to have the phone on your person, which makes for a lot more freedom and less awkwardness adjusting the cords or picking up the phone to switch songs.

Same with the locate app - don't have to ask anyone to call my phone to figure out where I left it.

The relaxation/breathing apps are really good too for the iWatch, helping guide breathing length and rhythm by using the wrist tap. I was really surprised at how useful the watch is.

Comment

• Squire
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Nov 2017

yea i also usually give i a bit of time before jumping on the tech bandwagon. Good technology tends to stick around, the not so good technology usually fades away and gets called a passing fad... There is always the fear of missing out when something new comes out, however i think you miss more then you hit if you go for everything thats in style technology wise or the latest.

Basically i am saying to technology prove yourself before i try you hahaha.

Im am the opposite hate macs hate apple, till i started using a a mac for work. Little bit of a learning curve and i loved it. Smartphone wise im still on the android bandwagon.

Comment

Working...