• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Highsteppa
    Gold Gabber
    • Feb 2005

Re: Supreme Court Confirmation

Originally posted by ddr
    Funny how Republicans had no problem not allowing Merrick Garland even a vote (even Republicans were for him a few years prior) for a year and half but once Democrats and some Republicans-alike want to defer 1 week for a limited investigation on the nominee potentially lying... they are calling it the end of the world. Fucking hippocrates to the max.

Roe vs Wade is the Republicans only view in sight... Religion is absurdly evil.

Republicans' actions and morals over the past few years (man I miss the old Republican party, I really do) have almost guaranteed me to never vote for a Republican ever in my life time and I have a feeling a lot of young people have similar views.
    It's not only that - Kavanaugh will be a key vote when Mueller's investigation wraps up and it starts the inevitable Constitutional Crisis.

They've picked party over country over and over again and have no intention of stopping.

Comment

• ddr
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Highsteppa
      It's not only that - Kavanaugh will be a key vote when Mueller's investigation wraps up and it starts the inevitable Constitutional Crisis.

They've picked party over country over and over again and have no intention of stopping.
      Mueller investigation will reveal the truth but I have no faith in the Republicans actually doing anything about it. They will only discount it and say it's more evil Democrat work. They have no intention of admitting they picked the wrong candidate, they would rather the country go down in flames.
      "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by REDROCK
          who what
          Whoops!!! Sorry!! That was to Amber
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Susan Collins should particularly be ashamed of herself - her beliefs and convictions are only when it serves her politically.
            Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
              Susan Collins should particularly be ashamed of herself - her beliefs and convictions are only when it serves her politically.
              in her speech, i particularly loved how one of her deciding factors was that she talked with Kavanaugh over the phone 2x and he, again, denied the allegations. that was enough. did she talk to Ford over the phone about her allegations or any of the other people? hahaha, and be fair? fuck no she didn't. the allegations alone should have been enough to get another person in there for the nomination. Republicans = Party over Country.

i just hope American's remember this and actually go and vote next month and in 2 years, etc etc.

Comment

• chuckc
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

u guys really believe all this? just tell me one thing,

the 4 people that Ford said attended the party she was assaulted at, had no memory or recollection of any such party or of Kavenaugh.

Can u explain that to me. even her best friend would not collaborate the story, just seems a bit odd to me.

Comment

• REDROCK
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Feb 2015

this

Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc

the 4 people that Ford said attended the party she was assaulted at, had no memory or recollection of any such party or of Kavenaugh.

Can u explain that to me. even her best friend would not collaborate the story, just seems a bit odd to me.
                    Just his comments about "left wing conspiracy" and mentioning Clinton in his opening statement during the hearing is more than a disqualification. How anyone can believe this guy is going to be impartial and do what's required of him for the highest court of the land after a temper tantrum like that. Any other job interview would have been over instantaneously and any legal system worth the remotest of a damn would have likely reviewed his appointment to the bench in the first place.

Also, if he's so innocent, then why not insist on an FBI investigation himself. He was under oath, he wants one of the highest seats of the land and he's going to represent the legal system itself - why resist? And much more, why limit the investigation and hold the results in secrecy. And an investigation needs to have both parties interviewed - Ford and Kavanaugh.

And yeah, Ford was far more believable than the moving goalposts bullshit that's being used to try to distract from Kavanaugh's losing his mind in front of the nation, and his sense of entitlement.
                    Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

Comment

Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ddr
                      in her speech, i particularly loved how one of her deciding factors was that she talked with Kavanaugh over the phone 2x and he, again, denied the allegations. that was enough. did she talk to Ford over the phone about her allegations or any of the other people? hahaha, and be fair? fuck no she didn't. the allegations alone should have been enough to get another person in there for the nomination. Republicans = Party over Country.

i just hope American's remember this and actually go and vote next month and in 2 years, etc etc.
                      She was so confident in her decision, she needed to have two female aides to give her the appearance of back bone.

Whomever runs against her has a fantastic war chest already built up for them - much like you, I hope someone runs against her.

Either way, she seems a bit upset that she's going to be held accountable for her vote and more upset that her legacy will be setting women's rights back by about 30 years.

Comment

• ddr
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc

I do agree that it wasnt an open and closed case based on that (although she did pass a polygraph and he never took one).. but the handling of it by Kavanaugh and everyone on the Republican side was wrong. It's the same story as with Trump.. if there isn't anything to hide why not agree to a full investigation? That alone is suspect and reason to believe that although this specific story may or may not be true, there is something in the closets. If you have absolutely nothing to hide, you should be open to any and all investigations... especially when you are in as high of a status position as he is.

As sad it sounds, Republicans know that they have their base in the palm of their hand and that a good % of the remainder does not pay attention to the news or care enough to have a decent enough memory to remember all of the crookedness. Democrats have no backbone and no 'fight' in them to say the obvious ... so here we are.

Comment

Working...