X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: TRUMP - Pros & Cons

Republicans only like Trump because he is Republican. Trump was a registered Democrat before Obama gained popularity. He only switched because of his racism and he knew the Republican base are easily gullible if you just say the key phrases (he learned this during the tea party years).

Republicans in power have only 1 way to win now that their base is dwindling in numbers.. cheat by redistricting constantly in a way that is not fair but allows the Electoral College to swing their way in case the popular vote (you know, total voting citizens) does not go their way (both Bush 2.0 and Trump were elected this way in their first term). The Electoral College is their saving grace. They know this, which is another reason they love Trump because court positions have longer term limits than the Senate or House. They are a lot smarter strategically than Democrats, that is for sure, with only one goal: to win. Once they are in power, it's a shit storm.. so much for the surplus.
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

^^ We have just discovered in Australia that just plain lying works very well indeed. I don't think Trump has to be taught that
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• REDROCK
        Gold Gabber
        • Feb 2015

Trump was elected to shake things up drastically. A typical insider politician that is playing by the normal playbook wouldn't be taking the same risks. Trump was already known to be someone with a high risk tolerance. This character trait can lead to great success or great failure. In addition to having a high tolerance for risk comes a certain degree of impulsivity.

I think the rest of the character flaws are just sort of the added negative bonus that comes with the Trump package. And enough people were willing to turn a blind eye to those inherence flaws in order to really shake things up. Some of Trumps risks will pay off, some will not. Thankfully the US has enough checks & balances built into our system that whoever is elected president will never be above the law. Though it may seem like Trump is, I think alot of that actually is media sensationalism, given that he is a successful TV personality. Packing Trump like a Kardashian or another controversial reality TV show personality is just too lucrative for the networks.

On the other hand, more voters did vote for Hillary. And I think if you gave all the voters 2 hours to have a 1 on 1 lunch with both Hillary and Pres Trump, most would wake up the next morning agreeing that Hillary would be better at running our country but Trump was more fun to have a beer with.
        Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

• ddr
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

not at all surprising that Conway is being asked to be removed, as crooked as they come imo

A government watchdog agency recommends the White House aide should be fired for violating the law.

"Never has (the office) had to issue multiple reports to the President concerning Hatch Act violations by the same individual."

Comment

• REDROCK
            Gold Gabber
            • Feb 2015

I'll tell you what, my dad - their generation, they know the Trump playbook and the men of that ilk. And while many of us younger more naive folk can't recognize what hate in disguise looks like, it's probably time we grow up and call a spade a spade, myself included. I do think there are some things Trump will do right, but he is fucking up our democracy and it's not worth the toxicity frankly. Biden 2020.
            Last edited by REDROCK; June 19, 2019, 10:37:18 AM.

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by REDROCK
              I'll tell you what, my dad - their generation, they know the Trump playbook and the men of that ilk. And while many of us younger more naive folk can't recognize what hate in disguise looks like, it's probably time we grow up and call a spade a spade, myself included. I do think there are some things Trump will do right, but he is fucking up our democracy and it's not worth the toxicity frankly. Biden 2020.
              the smart ones yes. my parents are still 1000% pro-Trump and i know for a fact that it has 1000% have to do with them being pretty racist. as a result, they end up voting against their economic interest. logically, i dont see how anyone can still call themselves a Trump loyalist if it does not include racism and/or religious discrimination aka Catholic/Christian sharia law (abortion being the main one) in a major way.

Comment

• REDROCK
                Gold Gabber
                • Feb 2015

Agreed -

* what did you think of debates? I think Biden + Kamala Vp would be a good combo.
                Last edited by REDROCK; June 28, 2019, 11:19:15 AM.

Comment

• harry ramsden
                  Wanna play sudoko with me?
                  • Jun 2004

pros?

Comment

• REDROCK
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Feb 2015

Comment

• ddr
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

you know.. Boris has the same haircut as Trump..

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

World Now Run Entirely By Idiots The Shovel
                        Originally posted by TheVrk
                        it IS incredible isn't it??
                        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• ddr
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

world human population is too big, too many stupid people out numbering the smart intellectuals. majority of people in first world countries are complacent as day to day living is really not that difficult as a whole in comparison to older generations. the effect of governmental policy is seemingly not felt by the individual as much as it used to be as well which leads to further non-interest and voting with your heart rather than your brain.

Comment

• REDROCK
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Feb 2015

DDR did you see that Senator on Real Time talk about his voting machines being hacked?

Comment

• runningman
                              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                              • Jun 2004

Trump better start putting people in jail for the attempted coup or it will happen again. 200 to the gallows at least!

Comment

• harry ramsden
                                Wanna play sudoko with me?
                                • Jun 2004

pros?

Comment

Working...