X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • max420
    Addiction started
    • Jul 2007

G-20 Buenos Aires Nov 30 - Dec 1

Could get a little loose ? Thoughts Argentinians.
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: G-20 Buenos Aires Nov 30 - Dec 1

I think some of we Aussies may be more interested.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Feb 2009

Not sure what you mean with "little loose".. like, incidents? Probably, there always are.

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Wouldn't be Buenos Aires without good old fashioned demonstrations. While I definitely don't condone any violence I have to say I really respect people who are passionate enough to get out there and say something.

I walked through a big demonstration when I went to pick up my tickets to Connected. It was sort of exciting
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• max420
          Addiction started
          • Jul 2007

I guess that would have made you feel at home coming from Melbourne, Australia's protest capital. By loose I meant a little out of control protest or two. I was in B.A at the the time of the last two Presidential Elections and I stayed about 400 meters from the Congresso above Starbucks and saw some real crazy shit. I ended up moving to a hotel down the port in 2015 to get away from it and then there was the craziest non tropical storm I have ever been in that smashed the hotel and scared me shitless and flooded most of B.A for 2 days especially in San Telmo that can go from bone dry to 3ft underwater in under an hour.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Melbourne is pretty tame now. BA is waaaayyy ahead of us.

There was a storm similar to that when I was there earlier in the year. Downstairs appartments in my block were flooded , but yours sounds worse.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by max420
              I guess that would have made you feel at home coming from Melbourne, Australia's protest capital. By loose I meant a little out of control protest or two.
              There is nearly 100% chances that will happen

Since 1983, there were 40 national strikes.. Safe to say that out of control protests are a monthly deal here.. and protest in general? week to say the most.. November and most of all, December are absolutely the peak... All reasonable numbers for a country with 45% inflation this year and 40% of the population below the line of poverty..

G-20 is like the World Cup of protests .. Pretty sure it´ll be worldwide news.

btw i work in the epicenter of where the most massive protests take place (4 blocks away from Casa Rosada, nearly 10 from Congreso) so ..... i have good headphones @ office

Comment

• max420
                Addiction started
                • Jul 2007

DIDI I hope you participated in the democratic process today in your neck of the woods and got a vegetarian Democracy Sausage for your trouble, on second thoughts your probably more likely a postal participant.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

^^^The only reason I didn't participate, beyond voting of course, is because I had nasal surgery on Tuesday. They scraped out the inside of my head I did think about doing postal but nah, got to be there. Even when I worked on prepolls I would always vote on the day in my area. I'm definitely one of those pesky people who hand out how to vote cards. I am very political. I watched the count on the abc from start to finish. It was fucking amazing !!

Didn't get any sausage.

Actually I am surprised anyone would think I wouldn't participate politically.

I am so fucking proud of Victorians at the moment. !!

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Feb 2009

We have our warm up for G20 with Boca - River

Comment

• max420
                      Addiction started
                      • Jul 2007

Wow, I just woke up all excited to watch the game. If that's the warm up, Peaktime at the G-20 should more than a little loose. After Redstar vs Partisan. Boca vs River is the biggest local derby in the world by far.

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Feb 2009

That´s what we do.. we´re very good at fucking up things and waste opportunities.

That's our thing

Comment

• max420
                          Addiction started
                          • Jul 2007

I really hope they don't play the second leg. There is just too much downside for the loser and Argentinian society as a whole. Let Bocca have the win on paper as a result of the River fans behavior although some would argue the unusual route the Bocca bus took was deliberately provocative. I think that Bocca has more fans nowadays so let them have it. Interesting NY Times article.

A final between Boca Juniors and River Plate was to be a showcase for Argentine soccer, and for the South American game. Then bus windows were smashed, and the vision fell apart.

Comment

Working...