Gold Gabber
    • Nov 2009

Cid Inc - January 2019

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."
  • D.Williams
    Platinum Poster
    • Aug 2006

Re: Cid Inc - January 2019

Damn good mix!!!! Can’t wait for download.

Comment

• sakio pod
      SALAD TOSSER
      • Jun 2004

dope mix

Comment

• chuckc
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

hope he enables a download, he always used to.

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

^^ So many who used to , don't anymore. Thank goodness for Frangellico
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• tsa
            Gold Gabber
            • Jan 2008

I might be missing something here, but is there a political or financial reason DJ's don't allow download on SC???
            This seems to be an easily fixable issue that's been steadily on the incline over the years. :-/

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

^^^ I would love to know why this is happening .

Soundcloud is a totally different beast to the one I signed up for.
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• udolph
                Gold Gabber
                • Nov 2009

yes guys,
                as we talked a couple of times.

Since the artists don't get any money from uploading stuff to the social networks and each day more you can find FREE DOWNLOAD tracks and stuff, the only benefit nowadays is the feedback, likes, comments, visits to get exposure and they can check from where they get plays, audience, comments, etc I would like to download in 320 everything but I guess it's more than fair if they need it like that.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

^^^ But a lot of artists LIKED to share with us, and some still do.

That feedback , likes, comments etc. are not given freely. We have to pay with those BEFORE we can download a a so called FREE download. I would prefer to pay for some tracks rather than be coerced into giving likes etc. Some even ask for likes on Facebook which means I would have to join. I support the artists I like the best way, I BUY their tracks, albums , etc.

As for exposure, I have unfollowed quite a few because I got sick and s tired of being bombarded with part previews that I have no interest in. I want to decide what I listen to and what I comment on and what I repost.

Comment

• D.Williams
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Aug 2006

When download is enabled im sure it shows how many downloads just like it does plays, and likes so you still have stats from it. I ask every dj who puts a mix up on soundcloud that I like to enable the download. Sometimes i get a respons and they do enable it. So i always try that rout first, but if i get know reply then i usually forget about it and the mix is lost lol

Comment

• D.Williams
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Aug 2006

So I msg him through facebook messenger and got a auto reply telling me booking contacts and demo contacts so i doubt he’ll reply, because before he never had that. Gee, wonder why I only listen to Hernan LOL

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

And his attitudes rub off. I just found this https://soundcloud.com/user-14415482...-baunder-remix

It is a remix of one of the Soundexile guys, Baunder, and he is giving it without any of the requests for like etc. Just an ordinary download link. And it's good !!

Of course he got a genuine like and repost from me. And a big thank you !!

Possibly what pisses me off even more is that most of the few downloads we get now are 128 or less but transcoded to look like 320. There are some I used to download and give genuine comments which I don't bother now. Being treated like an idiot tends to build up resentment.

We seemed to have a much better relationship with artists on Soundcloud before it became a streaming service.

Comment

• chuckc
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

i hate that all music is going the streaming route.....

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

^^ It is just awful !! We are being force fed vast quantities of low quality music. I despair that the young people of the next generations will never know what good music is without having to hunt through all this crap. !!

But hey it will be free , right ??

Comment

• udolph
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Nov 2009

Isn't that too much drama?.
                              All of you can see my posts defending the quality audio, but saying that next generations won't know good music because of the 128 bitrate, is just too much.

I don't plan to argue DIDI, I respect the ones who prefer higher audio quality because I do myself and I persevere with the subject in different places to make real the upgrade, but if the music is good will be totally enjoyable in 128 too and if the music is bad, won't be enjoyable even in 96k.

If someone ask me once again, I think is totally fair that artists disable downloads to get more plays online, is just a fraction back of the hours and dedication they give to us.

A better option than complaining endlessly, might be joining forces to post in twitter, crowded forums, facebook, soundcloud itself, direct messages, etc. all of us together, requesting streaming in a higher quality.

Might sound rubbish, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that is totally reachable. As well as any smart company listen to their customers, i.e. Ableton Live introducing changes to their software regarding the requests of their users in their forum and an endless list of other cases.

The problem here is Soundcloud and the companies, not the artists disabling downloads.

Comment

Working...