• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2013

Re: John Digweed's new Live In: Output

Originally posted by simonr
    Bit like me listening an All Day I Dream mix .... you've mellowed too much on your old age C !
    I'm not slagging Digweed, the set that he did last year at CRSSD was brilliant, I've played that quite a few times. I just haven't heard a Live In that I have wanted to listen to a second time.

Comment

• tiddles
      Encryption, Jr.
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by distinctive
      Sasha also did his own LNAO on his LNOE shows in 2018

Sasha presents Last Night On Earth | Show 034 (February 2018) The Last Night On Earth returns in February with part 1 of Sasha’s recent set from Output in New York. Part 2 of the set will be released

https://soundcloud.com/last-night-on...h-2018-podcast
      how is it?

Comment

• distinctive
        Getting warmed up
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by tiddles
        how is it?
        I was actually at Output that night and thought his set was excellent because of all the new tracks he spun.

Comment

• pipey
          Gold Gabber
          • Mar 2007

honestly i didnt like it at first = but its kind of growing on me when played on a decent set of speakers.

i like it more than tokyo but less than montreal. to me - although i understand this set was somewhat nostalgic - the banging techno digweed isn't as special as the one we saw at montreal. with john - techno is something that i believe he should use like salt and pepper. he is absolutely mind-blowing when he is in that vein - but tokyo felt uninspired - and just kind of not my cup of tea.

whilst i respect him a huge amount - john digweed is one of the greatest people ever musically in my opinion - he seems to swing to these tangents where it seems he really doesnt do it for me. whenever i see him going into those times (like his minimal phase) i just kind of lose interest and listen to other DJ's - but one thing about digweed is he loves a comeback.

personally i cant wait to see what he does next. its going to be either ok or completely off the hook - and thats what i hold out for.

this mix is a step back in the right direction for me - but its not disc 3 onwards of montreal good.

oh and hai everyone
          Originally posted by Kamal
          Thank you Dr. Needle for attending the balloon Party

Comment

• chuckc
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Wow, this is indeed a Grower, took me 4 or 5 listens b4 feeling it’s potential

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
              Wow, this is indeed a Grower, took me 4 or 5 listens b4 feeling it’s potential
              yes. re-listening to it today after the initial few times and CD1 is quite amazing on this listen.. did not really care for it at first.
              "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• progressive420
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Given this a listen for the first time in a while. I recall being a little let down by the flow of this one. So far the first 2 discs are better than I remember. Not boring but nice groovy danceable house music. Hope it keeps going thru the next few discs.
                I do think the Bunker Sessions and the Fabric Live in London are much better overall though.

Im halfway through the 5th disc now and its really solid peaktime now, right before the josh wink techno madness. I do like this disc I think the most. Its a better album then I remember it being, even with its odd moments and flow sometimes. It helps being able to listen to it all in full.
                Last edited by progressive420; July 22, 2023, 07:06:45 PM.
                "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• progressive420
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

I have to say that after revisiting the Live In series alot lately...this one is very much one of my favorites. It has some amazing moments and really bangs it out in the last few discs. Love the tracks and i think it has a more overall Progressive House sound then most of his live in cds. It definitely is best when you can listen to it in full, really worth the extra time
                  "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

Working...