X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

HELP!!!! AT&T Fiber is loading MS very slowly

HELP!! I thought it was AT&T's DNS servers being slow so I've already put in DNS servers from OpenDNS, CloudFlare, and Google.

What else can I do? Is it something on MS' end?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • salami
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2008

Re: HELP!!!! AT&T Fiber is loading MS very slowly

Try setting your DNS to cloudflare, both ipv4 and ipv6 Setting Up 1.1.1.1 - Cloudflare Resolver

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

Try pinging MS and tell me what your PING times are? Presume you have done all the usual? Clear cookies, cache, history etc?

Originally posted by feather
      HELP!! I thought it was AT&T's DNS servers being slow so I've already put in DNS servers from OpenDNS, CloudFlare, and Google.

What else can I do? Is it something on MS' end?
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

PING mercuryserver.com (74.50.122.47): 56 data bytes
        64 bytes from 74.50.122.47: icmp_seq=0 ttl=48 time=82.412 ms
        64 bytes from 74.50.122.47: icmp_seq=1 ttl=48 time=81.531 ms
        64 bytes from 74.50.122.47: icmp_seq=2 ttl=48 time=82.858 ms
        64 bytes from 74.50.122.47: icmp_seq=3 ttl=48 time=81.960 ms
        64 bytes from 74.50.122.47: icmp_seq=4 ttl=48 time=81.955 ms
        64 bytes from 74.50.122.47: icmp_seq=5 ttl=48 time=80.602 ms
        64 bytes from 74.50.122.47: icmp_seq=6 ttl=48 time=82.091 ms
        64 bytes from 74.50.122.47: icmp_seq=7 ttl=48 time=81.045 ms
        64 bytes from 74.50.122.47: icmp_seq=8 ttl=48 time=81.234 ms
        64 bytes from 74.50.122.47: icmp_seq=9 ttl=48 time=82.077 ms
        64 bytes from 74.50.122.47: icmp_seq=10 ttl=48 time=81.768 ms
        ^C
        --- mercuryserver.com ping statistics ---
        11 packets transmitted, 11 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
        round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 80.602/81.776/82.858/0.610 ms

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

Are you still in the US? Ping is a little high.
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Yeah exactly, I'm in the US

Is it a DNS server issue? This happened after I switched to AT&T. I was on Comcast and Sonic in the past.

I can't even complete a traceroute!

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

it might be, are you on Windows or a MAC? If it's Windows, run this command at a dos prompt

ipconfig /flushdns

Try set the DNS to Open DNS servers and then try again. If you are using a Wifi Router, then set the DNS at the router level as well.
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Ok I did all that plus added Cloudflare and Google's DNS servers.

Ping times are still the same.

I did nslookup from the CLI and also from Mac's Network Utulity's Lookup function:

Lookup has started…

mercuryserver.com -> 74.50.122.47
                So that seems fine too?

But the traceroute looks bad:

Traceroute has started…

traceroute to mercuryserver.com (74.50.122.47), 64 hops max, 72 byte packets
                1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 2.647 ms 2.136 ms 1.580 ms
                2 192.168.48.1 (192.168.48.1) 2.308 ms 1.827 ms 1.928 ms
                3 162-207-204-1.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net (162.207.204.1) 27.318 ms 13.536 ms 9.257 ms
                4 * * *
                5 12.123.15.178 (12.123.15.17 4.274 ms 8.223 ms 7.718 ms
                6 12.122.114.5 (12.122.114.5) 5.078 ms 6.859 ms 8.149 ms
                7 192.205.32.222 (192.205.32.222) 7.493 ms 7.365 ms 6.303 ms
                8 las-b21-link.telia.net (62.115.116.41) 14.881 ms 13.397 ms 12.681 ms
                9 * dls-b23-link.telia.net (62.115.123.136) 42.667 ms *
                10 * atl-b22-link.telia.net (80.91.246.74) 62.395 ms 63.215 ms
                11 atl-b24-link.telia.net (62.115.113.25) 62.570 ms 62.630 ms 61.344 ms
                12 mai-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.113.49) 76.230 ms 77.046 ms 77.143 ms
                13 hivelocity-ic-335619-mai-b1.c.telia.net (213.248.91.155) 72.674 ms 78.079 ms 72.879 ms
                14 * * *
                15 * * *
                16 * * *
                17 tk.mjwebhosting.com (74.50.122.47) 80.486 ms 78.764 ms 77.910 ms

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

Jesus 64 hops from within the US? Are you sitting in the desert in Nevada?
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

Yeah I don't get it, fucking AT&T.

Their fiber speeds are really good though, better than the Sonic I had previously. 300mbps but speed tests rate it at 400+ and even on my phone's wifi it's rating in the high 200s.

Comment

• REDROCK
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Feb 2015

I have AT&T fiber too - and some sites for whatever reason load very slowly too... it's supposed to be 500 up 500 down approx...But not with MS, it runs fast.
                      Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

• feather
                        Shanghai ooompa loompa
                        • Jul 2004

That's rather odd and random. How much are you paying for the 500? I'm not sure if I had a 500 option when I looked it up, odd. My 300 is around $60 ($50 for plan, $10 for the shitty mandatory modem rental), more expensive than Sonic but speeds have been fast and consistent.

Comment

• REDROCK
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Feb 2015

Actual speed is about 300 up and 300 down. They advertised 1 gig speed though. Who knows. It was $10 more per month to get and before that we were running like 20 up and 20 down

That's part of why my avatar is dancing I think
                          Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

• feather
                            Shanghai ooompa loompa
                            • Jul 2004

Hang on, you subscribed to a 1 gbps plan and is only getting 300 up and down??

Comment

Working...