• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thebanned1
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • May 2009

Re: Sasha @ Beatport ReConnect 18-04-2020

Originally posted by model1974
    These are sensitive times I get that but when you see pictures of him putting up a tent at his Ibiza house you tend to think he’s fiddling about and finding it hard to fill his day. Ok why not you might might say, let’s take this time and step back if possible to appreciate what we have. I get that. But back in the room, Sasha is a multi multi million pound DJ and knows full well and more than anyone the positive power and effect that music has over people. He has thousands upon thousands of back catalogue sets on file. I know this as I used to trade some with his office. Point is why not release some of these and give a little back to the public. Stop stockpiling. He’s known as being somewhat tight, and rather keen on keeping every file of his sets private. In a way it’s his control over things I guess. He also doesn’t take criticism well but then who does, so this type of (constructive) message could make him shut like a clam even more. But he’s a heavily sheltered DJ by his crew and is in some respects completely unaware that while clubs aren’t open there is still a demand for music. I’m sure some ardent fans think he’s as generous as the pope, if of course you think the pope is a bastion of generosity in this time. He’s a national treasure in my eyes, so don’t mistake me, I love the guy for what he’s done to the industry, especially how he’s fuelled my love for DJing, collecting tracks and rare vinyl. I’m just saying he has every opportunity to share a few (complete) sets that perhaps he liked. They don’t have to be recent. I do think some of his chilled sets are the most imaginative.
    I was the first to upload the longest Sasha set so far, being the one in Warung beach. That took a fair bit of negotiation and exchanges. So as a bit of fun I’m laying down the gauntlet to everyone out there - Who’s got a longer set? It’s got to be authorised, no dodgy audience ones. A bit of constructive sharing could be refreshing during this lockdown period especially to those wanting to reflect and partially escape
    it doesn't work like that though, like it or not music is business and as you'll know any business worth its salt hold onto their assets, it's the same for djs, you mentioned he's a multi million pound dj ? well how do you think it's gotten to that point ? not just covid times but the market as a whole has a supply and demand problem, the supply is high yet demand is diminishing, this is why assets are highly controlled in the market. truth be told out of say 1000 people who listen to this set only say 10 will buy any tunes, it just doesn't make business sense to fire out long sets for free of your best assets, As I said supply is high but that doesn't mean to say that Sasha's own sound has a high supply, to make something unique you have to graft at searching for "your own sound" and that's really hard work, guys like this could ultimately play anything they please but then they risk becoming just another generic dj which means less gigs which means your business is failing. do you get what I'm trying to say to you?
    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• Dhar_2
      meat and potatoes
      • Jun 2004

I'd be ok with old material!

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

fans of Sasha's sound might like this

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio
        How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• smartmusic
          Fresh Peossy
          • May 2008

Not his finest hour ,but still great to hear .
          Love that remix of Photek. If you like it ,but wanted more,check out my latest mixes.
          https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewsmart...isolation-mix/

Comment

Working...