John Digweed - Bunker Session #13 (06-06-20)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gsturm
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Re: John Digweed - Bunker Session #13 (06-06-20)

wow. what a mix. all his bunker sessions obviously have been great but like he said, you can really feel the love pouring through this one. "imagine" was an amazing moment in this mix.

Comment

• gizze
      Gold Gabber
      • Jul 2010

Got to be honest, over the last few years I have been pretty bored with Digweed's sound, liked his disc 1's of his Live In sets, but then found it all pretty dull, however....

These last few Bunker sessions reminded me why I fell in love with him.

That Essential Mix with Yello, Bjork, Rockhopper '94, blew me away, so much so I went out on the Monday and blew my student grant on some SL1200's and ate noodles for the next term, these last couple of sets have reminded me of that.

This is what house music is all about, mixing genres together and just enjoying music for being music.

Amazing!
      My Soundcloud page...
      GuyMiddleton's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• Dhar_2
        meat and potatoes
        • Jun 2004

Last edited by Dhar_2; November 12, 2020, 04:42:03 PM.

Comment

• moodmosaic
          Getting Somewhere
          • Mar 2019

Yep! That latest one that Dhar just posted sounds way better.

Comment

• go0gle
            Platinum Poster
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by gizze
            Got to be honest, over the last few years I have been pretty bored with Digweed's sound, liked his disc 1's of his Live In sets, but then found it all pretty dull, however....
            non of the live in sets were meant to be listened outside a club setting. they simply don't work for most people, except if there is a slow built up on CD1. I guess London,Cordoba, and Motnreal are the ones.

These bunker sessions are meant for home listening.

Comment

• progressive420
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

I do like the Live In series, but they are hit or miss. Montreal is probably the best one to me, also the longest. Miami always did it for me as well, especially the last 2 hours being included on his Transitions show. I do like London and Slovenia as well. The latest one, Last Night At Output, is also probably a close second. The tracks and flow on that one really catches me.

Now.....These Bunker Sessions are great because he is diggin deep in the collection and just are also more studio like, even if hes playing live. He is programming and figuring out these sets all week before putting it down. I truly love it. All of them have been fantastic. Really like Week 6,9, and probably 11 as well. Personally this is why and what I fell in love with Digweed. I have really been digging into my old stuff as well, really embracing some old memories, pictures and music. Now I just need to catch up, im up to Week 11, need to listen to the rest of them!
              "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Nov 2013

image.jpg

Comment

• go0gle
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by progressive420
                  I do like the Live In series, but they are hit or miss. Montreal is probably the best one to me, also the longest. Miami always did it for me as well, especially the last 2 hours being included on his Transitions show. I do like London and Slovenia as well. The latest one, Last Night At Output, is also probably a close second. The tracks and flow on that one really catches me.

Now.....These Bunker Sessions are great because he is diggin deep in the collection and just are also more studio like, even if hes playing live. He is programming and figuring out these sets all week before putting it down. I truly love it. All of them have been fantastic. Really like Week 6,9, and probably 11 as well. Personally this is why and what I fell in love with Digweed. I have really been digging into my old stuff as well, really embracing some old memories, pictures and music. Now I just need to catch up, im up to Week 11, need to listen to the rest of them!
                  Exactly, he knows people are listening at home so his selection and programing are very very different to what he would play at the club. All of his live in series work for me as well, but I don't think they do for most people.. London and Montreal get a lot of love because of the slow build up.

You are doing much better than me lol I've only listen 4 or 5 of them. 3 and 13 are my favorite so far

Comment

• progressive420
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

3 is one of my favorites too, chilled and a lot of older tracks that just fit so well
                    "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• moodmosaic
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Mar 2019

Originally posted by progressive420
                      3 is one of my favorites too, chilled and a lot of older tracks that just fit so well
                      Casa Bulga!

Comment

• sbando
                        Going back to Romford
                        • Apr 2008

Another job well done:

01 00:00:00 Intro
                        02 00:03:04 Harald Björk - Track Of Life [Cocoon]
                        03 00:09:28 Jam & Spoon - Stella (Moby’s Spirit Mix) [R&S]
                        04 00:18:31 Desire - Don’t Call (Guy Gerber Rework) [Rumors]
                        05 00:25:50 Rodriguez Jr. Vs. Moby - Haussmann Vs. My Only Love (Barish Tucker Edit)
                        06 00:33:41 Lol Hammond & Duncan Forbes Feat. Eva Abraham - Snow Ghosts [Sparkle Jar]
                        07 00:37:28 Sade - Never Thought I’d See The Day (HaNi Bootleg Mix)
                        08 00:46:34 Seal - New Born Friend (Tasty Tom Elmhirst Mix) [ZTT]
                        09 00:53:42 Marcus Worgull - Love Song [Innervisions]
                        10 00:59:51 Kolo - Track One (Kolo’s Original Transmission) [Fade]
                        11 01:08:37 Anthony White - Love Me Tonight (Extended Club Mix) [UMM]
                        12 01:14:07 Hannes Bieger & Juan Hansen - Burn Your Love [Bedrock]
                        13 01:19:30 Fortunato & Montresor - Imagine (Chris Fortier Dub) [Bedrock]
                        14 01:25:44 River Ocean Feat. India - Love And Happiness (Junior Boy’s Own Super Dub) [Strictly Rhythm]
                        15 01:34:35 Further Out feat. Holly Higgins - Another Love feat Holly Higgins (FOS Paradise Dub) [Flying Records]
                        16 01:40:22 Kariya - Let Me Love You For Tonight (House Club Version) [Sleeping Bag Records]
                        17 01:46:01 Rampa - Sunday [Keinemusik]
                        18 01:52:10 Dele Sosimi Afrobeat Orchestra - Too Much Information (Laolu Remix) [Innervisions]
                        19 01:57:39 Saint Etienne - Cool Kids OF Death (Underworld Mix) [Heavenly]
                        20 02:05:40 Chris Fortier & Andromo - 2nd Light [Muted Gold]
                        21 02:10:50 Angelmoon & Visnadi & Matteo Bruscagin feat. Danny Losito - Rain [Diynamic]
                        22 02:15:22 DJ Qness & Lazarusman - Iba Mubi [Connected]
                        23 02:21:44 Paso Doble & Mastershine Featuring Idd Aziz - Tishiki (Manoo Dub) [Compost]
                        24 02:27:58 Paso Doble & Mastershine Featuring Idd Aziz - Tishiki (Main Mix) [Compost]
                        25 02:34:11 Dele Sosimi & Afrobeat Orchestra - Too Much Information (Laolu Remix) [Innervisions]
                        26 02:42:07 Spektrum - Kinda New (Tiefschwarz Dub) [Playhouse]
                        27 02:49:42 Urban Soul - Alright (Roland Clark Original 1991 Mix) [Juno Records]
                        28 02:56:24 The Chemical Brothers - Catch Me I’m Falling [Astralwerks]
                        29 03:04:34 Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart [Factory]
                        ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                        ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                        ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                        ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• lord lucan
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by sbando
                          18 01:52:10 Dele Sosimi Afrobeat Orchestra - Too Much Information (Laolu Remix) [Innervisions]

Got no idea where you got that from but its managed to infect the internet.

Comment

• sbando
                            Going back to Romford
                            • Apr 2008

From the latest Transitions. I've always wanted to infect the Internet!

01. Hannes Bieger ft. Juan Hansen – Burn Your Love [BEDROCK]
                            02. Fortunato & Montresor – Imagine (Chris Fortier Dub) [BEDROCK]
                            03. River Ocean ft. India – Love & Happiness (Yemaya Y Ochun) (Junior Boys Own Super Dub) [STRICTLY]
                            04. Further Out ft. Holly Higgins – Another Love (Fathers Of Sound Paradise Dub) [FLYING RECORDS]
                            05. Kariya – Let Me Love You For Tonight (House Club Version) [SLEEPING BAG]
                            06. Rampa – Sunday [KEINEMUSIK]
                            07. Dele Sosimi Afrobeat Orchestra – Too Much Information (Laolu Remix) [INNERVISIONS]
                            08. Saint Etienne – Cool Kids Of Death (Underworld Remix)
                            09. Andromo & Chris Fortier – 2nd Light [MUTED GOLD]
                            10. Matteo Bruscagin & Angelmoon & Visnadi ft. Danny Losito – Rain [DIYNAMIC]
                            ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                            ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                            ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

• lord lucan
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jan 2006

You've done a stirling job of that but its still wrong haha

I'm guessing it's mid to late 90s. I recognise the voice and recall the track but can't for the life of me remember either.

Comment

• sbando
                                Going back to Romford
                                • Apr 2008

So much for paying the artists their due.
                                ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                                ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                                ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*

Comment

Working...