Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you over

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2013

Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

Originally posted by thebanned1
    who's talking about nightclub workers ? you keep bringing up DJs and people like that, of course people who work in a nightclub environment were furloughed, my sister being one of them. It's unsafe for them to work.
    Your sister can get a job doing something else, like everyone else does.

Comment

• thebanned1
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • May 2009

Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
      If they have no money to retrain, they take the first job that they are caperble of doing and start climbing, like everyone else does. They do not have the right to work in the entertainment industry if there is no money to be made.
      This is fucking pointless, like talking to a brick wall...let me give you an example, DJ, makes a few bucks, has a house that he or she pays a mortgage on, will a job in McDonalds pay enough for that person to pay the monthly mortgage, that might just very well be the first job that comes up. There is a lot of factors you're completely overlooking here.
      How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

Your sister can get a job doing something else, like everyone else does.
        She's lucky, employer kept her on unlike 95% of the staff that worked in the nightclub/bar but then again she's the manager of the nightclub.

so out of (example) 100 people that's 95 of people looking for new jobs.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Nov 2013

This is fucking pointless, like talking to a brick wall...let me give you an example, DJ, makes a few bucks, has a house that he or she pays a mortgage on, will a job in McDonalds pay enough for that person to pay the monthly mortgage, that might just very well be the first job that comes up. There is a lot of factors you're completely overlooking here.
          No. How did that DJ get the mortgage in the first place? If they got a mortgage and could not make the repayments they could lose the house, that's life.

Comment

• thebanned1
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • May 2009

No. How did that DJ get the mortgage in the first place? If they got a mortgage and could not make the repayments they could lose the house, that's life.
            fucking hard work, that's how...are you saying that he or she shouldn't fight for it when everyone else is getting a payment ?

Jesus fucking Christ Chris, you're making yourself looks like a complete wanker here... it's one thing for some people and another for others eh ?

#fucktheprivileged!!!

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Nov 2013

fucking hard work, that's how...are you saying that he or she shouldn't fight for it when everyone else is getting a payment ?

Jesus fucking Christ Chris, you're making yourself looks like a complete wanker here... it's one thing for some people and another for others eh ?

#fucktheprivileged!!!
              No ones getting the payment. The scheme is ending. Go out and get a job.

Comment

• thebanned1
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • May 2009

No ones getting the payment. The scheme is ending. Go out and get a job.
                Yea you'll be happy now. For someone that sits on his arse downloading sets all day on here you have very little respect for the people who are supplying you with a free source of entertainment but then again I'm not surprised by that at all.

Privileged indeed.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Nov 2013

Yea you'll be happy now. For someone that sits on his arse downloading sets all day on here you have very little respect for the people who are supplying you with a free source of entertainment but then again I'm not surprised by that at all.

Privileged indeed.
                  No bannedone, I have a job (at least for now) and I do not expect a bump from anyone. So, if you can afford a mortgage for a month, now you are entitled to live there forever?

Comment

• thebanned1
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • May 2009

No bannedone, I have a job (at least for now) and I do not expect a bump from anyone. So, if you can afford a mortgage for a month, now you are entitled to live there forever?
                    I genuinely hope that when the shit hits the fan for you things work out but the way you're talking about other at the same time a part of me hopes you go through what many of these people have been in the past 7 months because it will be a hard learning curve for you.

So if you were to loose your job and your house was at risk you wouldn't do what is best for you to save your house ?but then again the situation is different because you won't be in a lock down then will you ? Blind leading the blind here.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Nov 2013

I genuinely hope that when the shit hits the fan for you things work out but the way you're talking about other at the same time a part of me hopes you go through what many of these people have been in the past 7 months because it will be a hard learning curve for you.

So if you were to loose your job and your house was at risk you wouldn't do what is best for you to save your house ?but then again the situation is different because you won't be in a lock down then will you ? Blind leading the blind here.
                      Banned one I am losing my job next year, only, I'm not asking anyone to prop me up. I've worked in the same job for 25 years, but I have always known that it does not guarantee me of an income forever. I was not stupid enough to not ensure that my house was not paid off. Maybe, if I believed that I expected the tax payer to cover my expenses, I would not have made an effort to pay my house off. The only one blind is you here.

Comment

• thebanned1
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • May 2009

Banned one I am losing my job next year, only, I'm not asking anyone to prop me up. I've worked in the same job for 25 years, but I have always known that it does not guarantee me of an income forever. I was not stupid enough to not ensure that my house was not paid off. Maybe, if I believed that I expected the tax payer to cover my expenses, I would not have made an effort to pay my house off. The only one blind is you here.
                        Most people don't have the luxury of being able to pay off a house like you, not everyone is a super hero like you Chris, always one step ahead of everyone else eh ? Probably never been poor in your entire life is my guess. Wish you luck in walking into another job straight away with a 25 year stink on your CV because you're privileged that way.

Just wish you wouldn't hate on everyone else for being a poorist, 9 times out of ten it's not their fault

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Nov 2013

Most people don't have the luxury of being able to pay off a house like you, not everyone is a super hero like you Chris, always one step ahead of everyone else eh ? Probably never been poor in your entire life is my guess. Wish you luck in walking into another job straight away with a 25 year stink on your CV because you're privileged that way.

Just wish you wouldn't hate on everyone else for being a poorist, 9 times out of ten it's not their fault
                          I didn't have any luxuries given to to me. I had to work for everything that I had. I also had to retrain into a different job, just like some people in the arts will have to. I will also have to retain next year, as there will be no jobs where I work.

Comment

• thebanned1
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • May 2009

I'm so glad you worked hard and retrained to get to where you are in life.

I rest my case.

Comment

• simonr
                              Transitionator
                              • Jun 2004

Sorry Simon but that is utter bullshit!

Are you saying that people in the arts do not work and train up to a point where they can make money from it ? Are you saying that if I wanted to play stairway to heaven all I needed was a guitar and straight away I could play it ?

Jobs (yes jobs) in the arts take a lot of time and patience to get to a level where it is actually a viable source of income, just like any other job and although some DJs/producers are making a healthy wedge from it doesn't mean they should be excluded in all this shit. Most people in the arts don't make a great deal of money but people always highlight the 5 grand a set people to make an example of them, most of the shouting about this from what I've seen are not the 5 grand a set people, truth is many people are making less than a grand a set, have mortgages, children to feed and a family to take care of yet they've obviously been given a wide berth by the chancellor because "some" people do make a healthy wedge from it.
                              A trained chef I know who was self employed has needed to seek alternative employment. My boss has just lost his job after 35 years of loyalty .. my job could be gone this year or next.After which I will have to retrain and find something else.

This is timely re my point on privilege which you think doesn't exist .. why the fuck are these guys getting money ?

If someone plays cello in the Royal Philharmonic then they can seek to earn money other ways e.g. tuition. One of my favourite jazz guitarists is giving zoom lessons now.

Are the friends with mortgages to pay and children to feed in the arts or DJs ? Surely they could get a job seekers allowance or are you saying they should receive their wage from the government indefinitely without seeking to find other work ? If they lost their arts job they would need to find a day job anyway.
                              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• simonr
                                Transitionator
                                • Jun 2004

I'm all for a decent universal income and support to people. The gap between the rich and poor is growing and this government doesn't give a fuck.

But that is a different conversation to the videos this original post was about.
                                sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...