• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: Transitions 840 ● John Digweed with a guest mix Chris Fortier

Originally posted by clintlove
    "Part 2 features a brand new mix from Chris Fortier and exclusively for Select Subscribers - Chris has delivered an extended 2 hour mix."

anyone a subscriber?
    mood!
    he has posted the full set up top

Comment

• Dhar_2
      meat and potatoes
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
      ^^^ came on to say that!

Comes along outta nowhere after being so quiet and drops a mix like that! I'm blown away, a good reminder of what we're missing these days, I wished these old guard would appear more often, folks like Sean Cusick too.
      sean disappeared!
      i wish he would release the odd occansionaly deep, dark and twisted affair like he used to

Comment

• tiddles
        Encryption, Jr.
        • Jun 2004

I randomly spoke with Sean a few years ago at work, he was at a tech company, no idea if he still DJs

Comment

• AndresBianchi
          Getting Somewhere
          • Dec 2017

Classic Fortier.

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
            I randomly spoke with Sean a few years ago at work, he was at a tech company, no idea if he still DJs
            No way, do you know what he does? Always curious what DJs and producers do if they need something else to make a living.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• tiddles
              Encryption, Jr.
              • Jun 2004

i think either product engineering or IT something i was doing an integration with an API and he responded to my support ticket.

luke fair works in software now, too i think

Comment

• GregWhelan
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Thank you for providing the mix.

That's interesting about Luke Fair. 10 years ago he was DJ'ing all over the world, I wonder why he stopped? Got to be a major culture shift to go from that late night partying life to a more usual '9-5'

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                  Thank you for providing the mix.

That's interesting about Luke Fair. 10 years ago he was DJ'ing all over the world, I wonder why he stopped? Got to be a major culture shift to go from that late night partying life to a more usual '9-5'
                  He probably found that the gigs dried up and he had to get a job. I recon there are quite a few DJ's out there that only DJ part time these days. This is why I don't agree with the outrage from some DJ's when they are told to retrain into a new career.

Comment

• tiddles
                    Encryption, Jr.
                    • Jun 2004

another possibility is like many people they get bored with 1 thing and move on to something else, no shame in that

John Debo teaches music production at berklee now i believe

Comment

• GregWhelan
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

The Fortier mix is top notch, he always plays tracks I never hear elsewhere and his programming is right up there with the best DJs.

Comment

• chuckc
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

damn, link to moods mix expired, any chance of a re-up

Comment

• tiddles
                          Encryption, Jr.
                          • Jun 2004

just fortier https://www.sendspace.com/file/xvondh i probably fucked up the quality from the original when i cut out digweed's part

Comment

• res0nat0r
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • May 2006

Thanks a bunch.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • May 2006

On another note..I'm looking to start backfilling my Transitions collection. I have ~750 mp3s from way back when the show started on Kiss100 and for many years after (one of my prized mp3 archive collections) but is pretty sparse for the last 5-7 years and would love to find good rips to fill all the gaps.

Problem is trying to find a good archive of stuff and all of these sendspace links are always dead or die quickly, named crappily etc. Anyone know of good torrent sites to get these radio rips? I usually never torrent but wouldn't worry about these since they are radio broadcasts. TALiON releases all of these shows each week directly from the satellite (and LOTS of other great live radio DJ stuff) I just can't find em.

IE the best rip for this episode is likely:

John_Digweed_-_Transitions_840__Incl_Chris_Fortier_Guestmix-SAT-10-04-2020-TALiON

Comment

• res0nat0r
                                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                                • May 2006

Also I'm ~35 mins in and this Elephant Dust track by Clarian is fantastic....I love Chris Fortier. I've got about 6 years of being MIA here of catching up to do.

Comment

Working...