• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knightsfan87
    Gold Gabber
    • Apr 2010

Re: John Digweed - Bunker #34 NYE

Originally posted by luptic
    I don't mind paying the money, especially when you have got so much content throughout the year from John. It was well worth the ticket price and a top up donation. But for me it all about listening to these sets out cycling or hiking these days.
    100% agree. I think one of the negatives in 2020 with COVID has been the increase of artists going down the Mixcloud Select & other subscription platform routes. Surely it may only be a few dollars, but it all adds up if you follow multiple artists.

Where does it stop?

Comment

• sbando
      Going back to Romford
      • Apr 2008

A better host for his streams would solve most people's issues. John is pretending that MC is not a problem for a large part of his followers.

Some people can't keep stuff to themselves, they think there's an ethic in sharing things for free.
      ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
      ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
      ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
      ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• apuabest
        Getting Somewhere
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by simonr
        The problem with the leak and it coming out so quick is future charity streams could see less people donating if they can get the set quickly and for free - kind of goes against the spirit of things. It could also annoy people that paid on the night and donated for John to play longer etc.

The Just Giving page is still active https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/bunkersession so if anyone is enjoying the set that didn't buy a ticket on the night and is in a charitable mood, then feel free to top this up.
        a few additions to your opinion:

1 i think people donated for the case too, not only to John.
        2. i paid the ticket (and donated, but now it's irrelevant), but i couldn't listen the music normally. many dropouts, reconnection error etc. the set was unenjoyable. i paid for this? i dont't think so. and i'm not alone for this, many people had technical issues. this is fair to us?
        3. yes, the just giving page is still active. if John publish the mix, maybe this information can reach more people.

(sry 4 my english)

Comment

• apuabest
          Getting Somewhere
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Knightsfan87
          And I think this is why he hasn't & probably won't upload to his Mixcloud like he has with other Bunker sets - Because you had to pay for it in the first place.
          wait a moment... John upload the bunker episodes to the mixcloud select.. the mixcloud select is free?! just because i have been paying for it for months.. how can i be so stupid? ;D

Comment

• Knightsfan87
            Gold Gabber
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by apuabest
            wait a moment... John upload the bunker episodes to the mixcloud select.. the mixcloud select is free?! just because i have been paying for it for months.. how can i be so stupid? ;D
            All the other Bunkers are free to watch live, but you have to pay to subscribe to John's Mixcloud Select, in order to listen to the mixes on demand.

Comment

• PartyInGreece
              Gold Gabber
              • Aug 2006

I think you nailed it with the notion of playing records he used to play and almost became known for playing, and because he's been doing it so long, people that first heard him play it at Twilo or somewhere else are hearing him play it again on NYE and hence: a classic.

I guess ultimately the notion of a classic can be interpreted in a few different ways.

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
              Probably not in 200 years, but Digweed, dug out many tracks that he played back in the 90's 00's and even the 10's. These tracks had relevance to the people that were there at the time, including himself. It wasn't like he had never heard them tracks until last week, they weren't new. Maybe it is just the connection that the person playing and the person listening has about them tracks. To me a classic is more subtle than playing something like Donna Summer - I Feel Love, which gets a good response. This was a good example from this set but there were many others.

Maybe you're right and it is just nostalgia, without the hands in the air moment.

Comment

• sbando
                Going back to Romford
                • Apr 2008

Digweed can still do another special Bunker or post old sets, I'm not happy the NYE stream got leaked but no one got killed either.

Post a Twilo night and people will pay for it.
                ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• ENNISELLIS
                  Addiction started
                  • May 2008

Personally I'm glad. I had fully intended to join in on the night but NYE ended up being a disorganised hot mess all round. Even if I had jumped on, it would have been after midnight and there was no indication it would last as long as it eventually did, hence why I didn't bother at all - thought I'd missed 90% of it! Only the second Bunker I've missed - the first one I at least listened to the first 45 mins before the buffering pissed me off too much.

On the plus side, it's not the same listening to it later as live and I'm glad I got to hear it in full as it's a great set. Can well understand if Diggers is pissed off that it leaked out. If it's any consolation I stuck £10 in the MacMillan kitty. I don't expect something for nothing, especially if it helps a great cause. It's certainly re-energised my love for the Bunkers, and I'm really looking forward to Bunker #35 now.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Nov 2013

People have been bootlegging music since the music manufacturers started selling blank tapes or reel to reel. Nothing is going to change now. Most younger people have no interest in owning music these days. Most of them listen to a stream then move onto the next one, so there is no longevity. There are only a handful of people who want a file that they can keep.

Comment

• gsturm
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

where in the actual fuck is everyone getting this DL from, tribalmixes?

Comment

• Dhar_2
                        meat and potatoes
                        • Jun 2004

TM links where dead in less than 6 hours after posting

Comment

• jambo
                          Getting warmed up
                          • Nov 2017

Is the TM torrent link dead as well?

Always an option.

Comment

• DjLellone
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Dhar_2
                            TM links where dead in less than 6 hours after posting
                            The TM link is up and running.
                            DjLellone's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• Dhar_2
                              meat and potatoes
                              • Jun 2004

odd, i get a 404 from sendspace

Comment

• sbando
                                Going back to Romford
                                • Apr 2008

It's ok with Google's DNS.