• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ♫♫♫♫♫♫
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2013

Re: Sasha - Dalt Vila (Ibiza) - Global NYE Festival

Originally posted by tiddles
    I like hour mixes, it’s hard to find time to listen to a 4-6 hour mix in one sitting
    I think that the biggest problem with long sets these days, is that they are not diverse enough. They seem to start at the same BPM's that they finish, they lack a balance of vocal tracks, or tracks that lift a set at a point in time. I suppose it's like saying that there is no journey. I always used to love when listening to a mix in a club or at home and being amazed how DJ's got from that first track to the last, and the tracks played during it that changed the direction of the set completely.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by model1974
      The GU sets were released on CD which as we all know had limited space for files compared with digital files. I think the dumbest thing this year so far in my opinion is someone who's so confused and whacked out that they don't know the difference of a live set release and a studio compilation album. You know the point that was made so by splitting hairs like this just insults the intelligence of those in this forum
      Really, you're the one crying because there isn't enough emotion on account of there not being enough tracks. Out of interest, how many tracks does it tacks for it to work for you. If a proffesonal DJ cant create one hour mix something is seriously wrong. Most festival sets are about 90 minutes long, so are mixtapes and the ones that were recorded live. Fuck me, the Essential Mix is only 2 hours, it must just get going for you, then it is finished, LOL. Someone's whacked out here and it's not me.

Comment

• donkeykong
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jul 2006

i enjoyed this, but wtf is he doing with all those knobs
        He's been like this for the last few years. Totally unnecessary. He almost looks scared to look up anymore, no emotion-so just head down and twiddle some knobs. Diggers similar, no emotion, no contact with crowd (if there is one)..but not as bad on the knobs😁

Comment

• model1974
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jul 2008

You’re clearly a northern England cunt cos I can’t make a word of what you say. Let me spell it out to you as clearly lockdown has taken its toll....a 1 hr set from a professional DJ is pathetic for a build up DJ. Sasha has built his reputation on build up sets. So the point is to my rather wooden headed friend is that here is a top DJ with volumes of entire complete sets that for some reason he uploades only an hour of. I shared sets with his management and even they said he was tight!! Explain that woody

Comment

• tiddles
            Encryption, Jr.
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
            I think that the biggest problem with long sets these days, is that they are not diverse enough. They seem to start at the same BPM's that they finish, they lack a balance of vocal tracks, or tracks that lift a set at a point in time. I suppose it's like saying that there is no journey. I always used to love when listening to a mix in a club or at home and being amazed how DJ's got from that first track to the last, and the tracks played during it that changed the direction of the set completely.
            Yeah that’s true. We need more Danny howells sets

Comment

• tiddles
              Encryption, Jr.
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by donkeykong
              He's been like this for the last few years. Totally unnecessary. He almost looks scared to look up anymore, no emotion-so just head down and twiddle some knobs. Diggers similar, no emotion, no contact with crowd (if there is one)..but not as bad on the knobs
              Digweed had always been mr stoic though

Comment

• sbando
                Going back to Romford
                • Apr 2008

That's Digweed, that's how he's always been.
                ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• donkeykong
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jul 2006

Agreed, however Sasha hasnt. Who doesnt remember the iconic picture of him taking a light from someone in the crowd on the GU San Fran (imo the best GU). Thats proper interaction.

Comment

• donkeykong
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Jul 2006

Still the best warm up DJ ever����

Comment

• limey
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Sep 2007

Forgive if i'm wrong but wasn't this hour long set part of the "Global NYE Festival",and sasha's part was an hour from ibiza?

Comment

• Knightsfan87
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Apr 2010

Hernan does this well too.

Comment

• gizze
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jul 2010

I like hour mixes, it’s hard to find time to listen to a 4-6 hour mix in one sitting

Me too.

Not many 3+ hour sets I really like, as they often feel the need to go in different directions so it doesn't get boring, bt often I am in the mood for one style while listening at home or in the car.

That is why I like Guy J, Simon Vuarambon, Volten Sentir, etc. etc. they tend to stick to the same style even when playing longer sets, some may say that is boring, but when you're in the mood for a certain sound that is perfect.

Plus, hour sets I can get away with on the way home in the car, lunch break etc.

Anyway, surely Dalt Vila gave each DJ a time slot for their NYE party?
                          I'm sure they didn't say to Sasha "Play the whole night man!" and after an hour he shrugged and walked off.
                          My Soundcloud page...
                          GuyMiddleton's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• limey
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Sep 2007

Yes “obviously” he had a time slot of an hour. Unsure what these guys are on about.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by model1974
                              You’re clearly a northern England cunt cos I can’t make a word of what you say. Let me spell it out to you as clearly lockdown has taken its toll....a 1 hr set from a professional DJ is pathetic for a build up DJ. Sasha has built his reputation on build up sets. So the point is to my rather wooden headed friend is that here is a top DJ with volumes of entire complete sets that for some reason he uploades only an hour of. I shared sets with his management and even they said he was tight!! Explain that woody
                              Top drawer Cuntery here (and I am not talking about the grammar). For a start, I am not from the North of England. I am also not the person claiming that a one hour set from a DJ is pathetic. Sasha, has built up his reputation on playing brilliant music to crowds of people, not some fucked up weird shit in your head in an attempt to become a top fan. You keep sharing your sets with his manager, who also thinks you're a top cunt.

BTW what the fuck is a build-up DJ? Has it ever crossed your mind that he was only ever asked to play for one hour? I am also not sure why you shared sets with his management , or if they were yours, or his. I'm sure that this time next year that you will not be headlining Creamfields.

I will give you some advice now, Stay off the crack pipe, but you seem to like it. LOL
                              Last edited by ♫♫♫♫♫♫; January 9, 2021, 03:07:37 AM.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by limey
                                Yes “obviously” he had a time slot of an hour. Unsure what these guys are on about.
                                It takes Sasha 15 hours to get in his stride, otherwise it is not worth spinning a fucking track on account of the fact that their is no emotion in it, It takes repetitive beats to a whole different level, Model will respond as soon as he has listened to his latest 12 hour set.
                                Last edited by ♫♫♫♫♫♫; January 9, 2021, 03:07:13 AM.

Comment

Working...