X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Hernan Catttaneo CONNECTED on Netflix

This is a documentary on the making of that amazing Connected show of the fusion of electronic and classical trained musicians.

154585967_10161405699858636_4032944134636258025_o.jpg

March 1st Netflix Just about everywhere.

A friend who has a Facebook fan page for Hernan https://www.facebook.com/groups/HookedOnHernanCattaneo/ asked if I would like to share my experience of Connected. Turns out I do

This is what I said and it's quite long. :

When Alicia first suggested I might like to give my take on Connected my first instinct was panic. ! I tend to be a behind the scenes person. But the more I thought about it the more I wanted to share one of the most amazing events of my life.

One of my longterm goals was to go spend time in Buenos Aires to listen and dance to some of the local Djs. This was the perfect excuse to go. And that is the way it ended up, absolutely perfect !!

The building, Teatro Colon is considered one of the greatest opera Houses in the world. The style is totally over the top and totally glorious !! . !! Acoustically It is considered one of the top five performance venues in the world . The ideal space to hear this incredible fusion of music called Connected . I felt incredibly privileged just to be there. Actually saw a little more than I liked going down corridors on that first night telling people along the way that I really did have a ticket for the night but had bought the ticket for the next night by mistake. One of these days I am going to write a book on all the things I have done wrong while travelling A list of "things to don't "

Lovely things that happened. A couple I met at Moonpark in 2010 who recognised and found me standing on the steps. Sitting next to a very, very proud mother and sister of the cellist. Watching serious classical musicians just going off to the music they were creating . Being there in the park when they played a danicier version and 40 thousand people danced !! Topping that night was being able to wish Hernan Happy birthday in real life !!

I have been a fan of electronic music since before it became electronic dance music . I used to say it was the new classical. But this went beyond anything I could have imagined . To me music is all about feelings . It isn't about which track played when. Others do that so much better than I do I just want to feel it and I truly did !! All those amazing sounds and feelings moving everywhere throughout the theatre. Every part of those excellent acoustics was used. Music is my joy and this was some of the most joyous in my life. !!

This is music that could make you forget your heart has just been broken.

Remembering what I wrote at the time )

"after the last night of Connected I walked out of the theatre and realised it really was all over , I felt lost and sad. My brain had been just totally over stimulated. So much so that when I was trying to sleep , I would close my eyes and see it all over again as clearly as if it was on a TV monitor."

"What I was saying bout Connected in the park, it was rawer , more raw and more primal. Which fits in with the sound system and making it a little funkier Worked wonderfully !"

Just being so totally in awe of the man who pulled all these magical music strings together to form Connected !

Hernan Cattaneo I bow down to you !!!

And Alicia , thank you for asking. it has been a lovely time reliving some of those wonderful moments.

I have joined Netflix so I can watch it here. I have been reliably informed that there is some quite cool backstage stuff happening
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • ddr
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Hernan Catttaneo CONNECTED on Netflix

looking fw to watching this as well.
    "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• fer_
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2005

been to one of these shows at the Colon Theatre. Amazing experience. this Monday!!

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Now live in Australia !!
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

There was indeed some cool back stage stuff happening

Comment

• dusk
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Gonna look for this one! Will be super.
            ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

It is And great to see you here

Comment

Working...