X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Google Maps vs. Apple Maps - 2021 edition

I know this belongs in the tech section but the forum traffic there is so little, thought I'd post it here.

So what is everyone's take on the 2 navi giants in 2021? I am beyond disappointed in Google Maps. I was traveling last week to meet a friend, entered the address into Google, it even showed me a picture of the exterior of the house in the search result but the route eventually left me stranded in a desolate area in PA with nothing but farms as far as the eyes could see. This is the 2nd time Google Maps has misrouted me. First time, I luckily knew where I was going and realized Google was increasing the route by 20 mins.

I finally tried Apple Maps to find my way out of PA and it was dead on, it showed stop signs, speed limits, traffic lights, integration into Car Play is wicked and the fact that even I muted the navigation, my Apple Watch gently vibrates to alert me of upcoming turns.

I'm thinking of sticking with Apple Maps for a bit.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Google Maps vs. Apple Maps - 2021 edition

^^ I still use my trusty street directory. It never lets me down Both are terrible here. !!

And I had awful problems with uber dropping me off in strange places whenI was in London last
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• gizze
      Gold Gabber
      • Jul 2010

Google Maps has become a completely useless nav option. The routes it takes are bordering on absurd.

Which is weird as Waze, which is Google's proper nav, is amazingly good.
      My Soundcloud page...
      GuyMiddleton's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• REDROCK
        Gold Gabber
        • Feb 2015

Only use waze...
        Back when a club was a club full of dancers and dove's.

Comment

Working...