X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Using archive.org for permanent DJ set backups

So, archive.org takes anything and everything anyone wants to upload. I've been re-organizing my Transitions archive and have like 100GB uploaded there already, in addition to some other stuff. They have petabytes already of audio, and also random DJ sets folks have uploaded.

Anyone can upload data and their system just lets you download whatever via simple urls once things are uploaded, and even it auto-generates .torrent links for all of the files in your collection.

This would be a great place to archive everything, since there are tons of old links here I'd like to download, but we know how the normal free megaupload type sites always go offline and archive.org likely isn't going anywhere.

The only thing I would see is how to try and coordinate this so folks who want to do so can upload and are tech savvy, and also keeping things organized etc.

Thoughts?
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Using archive.org for permanent DJ set backups

^^ Link ??
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Kamal
      Administrator
      • May 2002

Originally posted by DIDI
      ^^ Link ??
      archive.org?
      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
      Originally posted by ace_dl
      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• res0nat0r
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • May 2006

yeah you can search their collections there and fine all kinds of cool stuff. The insane thing is you can just upload TB's of content and they'll store if for you and not bat an eye. Tons of music etc already is there.

Comment

Working...