X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chanty
    John, John, where art thou!
    • Jun 2004

Survival Tactics...

Apart from trying to eat well, I'll be taking potassium, gatorade, vitamin C fizzing tablets and advil.
    What do you all do to try to beat the tiredness, hangovers and dancing soreness?
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: Survival Tactics...

first few years i did the whole staying up 24/7 for the week and not eating.. just not smart, especially when you have to function behind the decks.. but even still, the better you take care of yourself whilst in miami, the shorter the recovery time from the wmc funk once you are back home..

I always try to get a good 4-5 hours kip, get some breakfast in ya.. some GREAT restaurants on ocean with very good food and reasonably priced breakfast specials (i was surprised at the prices too).. get a couple $3.00 bloody marys in ya to start the day, move onto mimosas for your Vit C.. but honestly i think the most important thing is getting that bit of rest each day

Comment

• Miguel
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Oct 2005

dont carry all your stash with you ... break it into daily doses

Comment

• jay813
        Platinum Poster
        • May 2005

get at least 2 hours of sleep each day, and youll be ok.

also go into a mini hibernation the week before, also dont go out drinking the weekend before either...

looks like i will have to drive straight to work on sunday morning so that puts me at having to leave whatever club im at at 5 in the morning to get to work by 10,lol.

Comment

• miketpoto
          Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Miguel
          dont carry all your stash with you ... break it into daily doses

Comment

• Miguel
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by jay813
            get at least 2 hours of sleep each day, and youll be ok.

also go into a mini hibernation the week before, also dont go out drinking the weekend before either...

looks like i will have to drive straight to work on sunday morning so that puts me at having to leave whatever club im at at 5 in the morning to get to work by 10,lol.

you said the same shit last year

Comment

• jay813
              Platinum Poster
              • May 2005

lol, i was hoping to avoid doing that again this year but i was lucky enough to get fri and sat off...

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                Not cool enough
                • Jun 2004

don't forget to also bring some airborne and vitamin b with you.

and if you wanna still hear as you get older...i'd suggest a nice set of ear plugs.
                Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• chanty
                  John, John, where art thou!
                  • Jun 2004

^ What's airborne?
                  Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• jay813
                    Platinum Poster
                    • May 2005

wasnt there some sort of class action lawsuit against airborne for false claims? lol.

either way bring your vitamins!

Comment

• deusdeus
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Jan 2008

Anyone have any tried and tested solutions for leg cramps? The handful of times (6-7) that I've blown up, I got horrible leg cramps. I've read potassium and magnessium help with this? Anyone else have this problem?

Comment

• miketpoto
                        Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by deusdeus
                        Anyone have any tried and tested solutions for leg cramps? The handful of times (6-7) that I've blown up, I got horrible leg cramps. I've read potassium and magnessium help with this? Anyone else have this problem?
                        You really shouldn't be blowing up... that sounds like a problem.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by deusdeus
                          its called dehydration. if you are partaking in certain things, and are dancing like a fool.. you sweat a lot, dehydration leads to cramping.. drink more water and less alcohol

Comment

• deusdeus
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                            its called dehydration. if you are partaking in certain things, and are dancing like a fool.. you sweat a lot, dehydration leads to cramping.. drink more water and less alcohol

Yeah I read it's due to dehydration, but I don't drink alcohol while I'm "partaking" and I drink anywhere from 3-4 bottles of water while I'm at it.

Maybe even more water I guess, cause when I get out of the club I'm still usually thirsty as hell.

Comment

• Adzey
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                              yes listen to gramps over there he knows his shit you know

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

Working...